How are you Getting Ready for the Big Update?

I thought it would be interesting to ask how players are preparing for the big amazing awesome Switch update.  Also, does anyone have  any tips for getting ready?  I'd hate to think I'm the only person excited by this!

I'll start with what I've been doing.  Basically, I've been gathering the elements to make a Superior Kibble Farm.  So far I have three Moschops, one male and two female.  They've given me 10 eggs already.  I have my crops growing, but they've only just reached Fruitling status, and have four crops each.  I have yet to make a Tree Platform or Tree Sap Taps (need a few more levels), but when the time comes I have a Pteranodon that I can fly to the Redwoods.  Right now I'm on my Raft Base parked on Herbivore Island.  I don't know where my permanent base will be yet because the game is glitchy (and likes to crash) in some of the places I'd like to build.  Hopefully the update will fix that... then I'll go look for a permanent home.  Right now, Herbivore Island is good, since it is not glitchy.

So... how are you preparing?  I'd really like to know!

Does anyone visit this part of the forum, or am I talking to myself?

Anyhoo, the next step in my plan is to get the Gathering Dinos.  Left the Moschops on Herbivore Island and headed out.  Caught a Pteranodon, which I used to scout.  Found a good-level Beaver.  Harvested a bunch of Wood. 

Next I plan to get a Doedicurus.  With a Beaver and a Doed, I can start building the building blocks to my new base building (and I still don't know WHERE I'll be buildng...)

Please, if anyone reads this and is interested, I'd like to know.  I can't be the only person excited about the Humongously Wonderfully Awesome Switch Update!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know how the players who bought the game for $50 will be treated? Are we going to only receive the base game update and not the Ultimate Version upgrade? I know they reduced the base game price but we paid a full $50 for it ( same price as the Ultimate Version). Are they going to make us pay all over to upgrade our game version? Can we request refunds as we paid more than the current game price for an incomplete and bad copy of the game?

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, HIBIKI87 said:

Anyone know how the players who bought the game for $50 will be treated? Are we going to only receive the base game update and not the Ultimate Version upgrade? I know they reduced the base game price but we paid a full $50 for it ( same price as the Ultimate Version). Are they going to make us pay all over to upgrade our game version? Can we request refunds as we paid more than the current game price for an incomplete and bad copy of the game?

They tell you in the announcement.

Archived