Official Aberration - Living There First Impressions

SgtChop

So my time in ark has been only a few months (real time) My first Map was Rag on a Unofficial Player Server the Map was nice but the server was trash so many crashes it once rolled back 4 days and I lost 50 levels.... anyway I moved to Official Aberration with a mate as he wanted to claim a Rock Drake at this point I was still very much a Ark Scrub.

Aberration is a very pretty map and after a short learning curve a few deaths we quickly got into the swing of the map and had a starter base build and I was on the hunt for tames... as im sure it is for  all Maps Tames makes your live so much easier

Things I have learnt, Dont spawn in at  "portal" it often has a few Basi lurking.... im sure thats a cruel joke from the Devs, Edge 3 is a good spot (even thou it says hard its not) 

Get familiar with the river system in the Green Zone makes navigation easy

Tame Ravagers early on as they make for excellent tames for many tasks

Tame a Spino and nothing in green or blue zone can really harm you (with in reason) 

It didnt take long before we had a full size hidden metal base up and running with breeding pens, industrial everything, kibble farms etc everyone says Aberration is the hardest map but it really isnt, once you get used to where dino spawn its pretty easy and fairly safe..... Scorched Earth, now thats a BS map high density clusters of carnivores everywhere cant take 2 steps with something ready to rip your face off 

Im level 95 now and Aberration is my perma home (regularly server hop to GEN 2 for grate loot drops and a change of pace)

anyone considering aberration as map to live highly recommend it 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheFort said:

What makes it so tough? I hear people saying it's the hardest map so I haven't really put myself to transferring there yet.

ANy where you spawn in, you will be attacked by a raptor and then a saber, and then a carno......  There is no safe spawn spot on SE. ...and after you have run away successfully, after spawning and getting attacked, you will be thirsty and either die of thirst or another raptor will show up and finish you off.

Archived