Has there been acknowledgement of the mission progress bugs?

Fresiki

I know the issue with losing mission progress on Genesis 1 has been around forever.

Not only have I lost progress for about 30 missions where my name still appears on the leaderboards but the mission progress says it's unfinished. Since my name remains on the leaderboards, seems it should be possible to do a one-time fix for everyone by building something into the system that cross-checks leaderboards with actual mission progress to counter-act the bug if they are truly unable to find the source of the bug. If mission is completed, mission is completed. If mission is uncompleted but player name is on leaderboards, mission is also completed. If mission is unfinished or player name is not on leaderboards, mission is unfinished. Someone I know also lost a lot of their mission progress, and I've seen numberous threads about it on here and reddit.

And ever since the release of Genesis 2, there are now two bugs that are happening. I haven't seen a single thread or mention about this (wonder why). I have only ever completed one mission on Genesis 2. So the day I noticed my mission progress on Genesis 1 was missing, I checked to see if the one mission I had done on Genesis 2 was also missing, and to my surprise I now had 37 finished missions. I never did any of those missions. This isn't a shared account or anything, and I use two-factor authentication. I live alone lol. So now the bug works both ways and I am being awarded progress for unfinished missions on Genesis 2 while losing progress for completed missions on Genesis 1. And  just to be exact, I can't be 100% sure of this, but on Genesis 1 it's not just that progress goes missing, because I had completed all the glitches in 3 different sub-zones, and then after the mission progress loss "event", I lost a lot of those glitches, but gained every glith in the other two sub-zones I never finished. So it's not straight that your mission progress is taken away, in some cases it seems like it's just shuffled around randomly. I have progress completed for missions on genesis 1 now that my name don't appear on the leaderboards for, just as I do on Genesis 2. And I can pick up glitches I already picked up before. While I'm unable to pick up glitches I never picked up, so I can never get those unless there is another "loss" event where I lose those again. It's all very weird!

Has there been any official acknowledgement of this? It's pretty gamebreaking. I play in an "Ultimate Ark" kind of way where I'm on all the maps doing all the things simultaneously, so I've been slowly chipping away at those missions, and needless to say that feels risky to even bother to do at this point. So I have to put those maps off for some time when I can make a concentrated effort, and let's face it, Ark 2 is coming next year, so that'll probably be never. Hope it gets fixed some day!

Archived