Scorched earth love?

wizard03

Just got done taming up a phoenix today, however it is a bit of a bitter sweet tame. Lvl 50, and the odds of finding another one and hopefully over lvl 100 being nearly nill, I suddenly felt really bummed at the fact that I won't get that one diamond in the rough of the rough. Now I know I could just use a snow owl and a cloning chamber to get another, but otherwise I can't breed it, get mutation, get an imprint, or any of those other goodies that come with breeding. And ontop of that, the phoenix doesn't have as many goodies or use's as many of the other creatures. No weight reductions, no saddles, and as a heavy handed downside, it can't eat anything that spawns on all the maps, only Sulphur....Its kinda of sad that perhaps the rarest creature in the game its this useless. One stack of metal and the only speed this thing is capable of is a straight up crawl.

Of course thats not to mention all of the other things going on with scorched earth. Supply drops disappearing below the ground, very slow to load in artifacts, creatures spawning inside of objects and outside of the wall, no end cut scene talking about the storyline of ark.

I wish the devs would give SE some love, or at the very least give the phoenix some TLC.

I hear ya. I built my character around Scorched Earth and loved what the map brought to ARK in terms of contrast. There are definitely some things that can improve the elements unique to SE... my list begins with making the tent repairable (there has ben a long standing bug with it). If I had my way, the tent would have the same decay as thatch and not decrease in durability off of SE. I like the idea of nomad basing, or a tent based encampment with just walls.

I'm with you OP, this map has more in common with the non-canon DLCs than not (explorer notes being the one thing it has that makes it canon). Sadly, I bet there are no plans or reason for things to be improved with Ark II coming. I fear what we got is all we'll ever get now, including the bugs that will never be fixed.

Mods can help a bit with the Phoenix, but only a bit and that's no help if you're on a vanilla server.

12 hours ago, Fox1 said:

Mods can help a bit with the Phoenix, but only a bit and that's no help if you're on a vanilla server.

Sadly Im on xbox, so yeah. Im hosed. :(

7 hours ago, ChaosEffect2388 said:

I feel like SE is the most underrated map. I love it, but it seems like people only go there to grab wyv eggs and then bounce. There's hardly ever anyone on it, which kind of takes some of the fun out of it. 

Yeah, its a bit of a bummer of all the other maps. Granted, there is a bit going on for it, but only if they ever decided to pay it some attention. 

ANother thing I would like to see is adobe structures being set with a decay equivalent to Stone and not wood.

I'd love to use Adobe, as the aesthetic is great, but since they are gone if I cannot login for 7 days, it isn't a safe bet.

Really, IMO... all non-foundation structure should inherit their foundation structure decay. That way, I can use the thatch roofs for a nice tiki beach look. 

16 hours ago, Ganelon said:

ANother thing I would like to see is adobe structures being set with a decay equivalent to Stone and not wood. I'd love to use Adobe, as the aesthetic is great, but since they are gone if I cannot login for 7 days, it isn't a safe bet. Really, IMO... all non-foundation structure should inherit their foundation structure decay. That way, I can use the thatch roofs for a nice tiki beach look. 

Id bet people would use tek foundations more often if that was the case, but I agree with you on that.....Lots of different asthetics, but with a decay timer ruining the fun in it, Id not be too interested in using anything other than the best just to make sure my stuff doesn't disapear.

Archived