Single Player Bosses difficulty.

MuchiMuchiBox

Hi everybody,

I have tried to look about this topic on the forum but could not find a similar thread.
I am playing the game in single player mode, difficulty 1.0 and Max difficulty on, and "Enable Single Player Settings" turned off.

I tried the alpha broodmother with the current settings with 15 or 16 imprinted and mutated (2nd generation) rexes imprinted health and atk (I believe they had around 35k health and 600-700% atk each). Far from being max lv but had no time to wait them to level further and I thought that with these stats I could have a chance.
Each of them had an journeyman saddle, about 65ish armor. I was on my imprinted Yuty buffing them.

I've been able to defeat the boss, but lost maybe 13 of them. I cannot even imagine how would it be to defeat the dragon with these settings.

By chance I bumped into a youtube video the other day where it said that solo players need to lower the difficulty to 0.2 when fighting bosses.

I have looked on the internet about this statement, and have found mixed opinions. As I am relatively new to the game (6-8 months) I would like to know your opinion and suggestions on it. Thank you very much!

65ish is a bit low for Rex.  If it were megatherium they'd get a bug buff to help their deterrance so that'd probably be okayish armor solo.  What you probably need to do is just get on a megatherium and use your rexes to help finish the job.  Make sure your Megatherium is right in the body of the Broodmother so you can tank it with the Megatherium and try to point it away from your rex with the acid attack that will melt their health.  

If you want to just do it with Rex then work on getting the melee up higher and also get up to 125 capped saddles on all of them.  Also bring a pig (Daedon) to help heal them that you can hop on in an emergency. Pump the pig solely in food, the more the better btw, and if you need to refill it's food fast drop it out of render of yourself and then come back and it fully eats all meat in inventory.  So yeah that's my advice hope it helps you out!

Btw you can do it with 700% melee on the rex but I think the Daedon and also the near capped or capped saddles would be needed for a smoother run.

6 hours ago, MuchiMuchiBox said:

By chance I bumped into a youtube video the other day where it said that solo players need to lower the difficulty to 0.2 when fighting bosses.

Dont get me wrong this would make it easier but this is not necessary. I play PS4 SP and defeated each boss on Alpha, now I do have 2.0 imprint multiplier, just to make up for lack of Imprinted dinos to riders, as I always ride a Yuty.

You will need to plan and tame accordingly, and just need to get into stacking mutations.

6 hours ago, MuchiMuchiBox said:

I've been able to defeat the boss, but lost maybe 13 of them. I cannot even imagine how would it be to defeat the dragon with these settings.

I wouldn't bring any Carnivores into the Dragon Fight apart from your Yuty. Dragon's fire breath will rip through the health of all dinos no matter how much health they have due to its % damage, but the % damage is higher on Carnivores.

Theri's with as close to 21k health, an inventory full of Veggie cakes and pumped Melee are the go to choice for dragon.

The Dragon fight is a race against time, so the higher your melee the faster the dragon will go down. Now I have seen some fights where players have brought an army of Deino's in with a large dino to draw agro, the bleed damage does affect the bosses,  but these Deino's need as much health as possible with as many stacked mutations as possible.

6 hours ago, Chewytowel said:

Btw you can do it with 700% melee on the rex but I think the Daedon and also the near capped or capped saddles would be needed for a smoother run.

Definitely need as close to 100 armor or higher, just for increased survivability. 

Archived