Solo Rockwell boss fight (official)

Vit0Corleone

One of my goals is to do Beta Rockwell solo. This is on Official PvE server.

Today I did the gamma version, as a test for beta.

I used a strategy that I had heard about and saw videos, which essentially consists in going without tames, using only a couple shotguns and plenty of ammo, and using cactus broth to avoid the ads.

This worked pretty well, except that the battle took way longer than what I would expect. I finished it with 6 minutes left on the clock.

What surprised me, is that from my knowledge, this is a typical strategy people use to beat Rockwell *Alpha*, but looking at how my battle went, I don't think I would even be able to finish Beta in time, let alone Alpha.

I used a couple 250%+ shotguns, and used about ~600 shotgun shells in the process.

I'm wondering, people that have beaten this solo on beta/alpha using this strat, how was your setup? Any advice you could share?

Thanks in advance!

It's been a while since i tried this strategy.  I setup a test server to run thru scenarios.  I have since beaten Alpha with other players on all my toons so i gave up the effort of trying to do it solo.  From what i remember, gamma was pretty easy.  no damage because no aggro.  I had +240 Asc pump shotgun and used about 600 shells.  I also took enduro stew during the fight to deal increased damage.  The tentacles were taking about 6 hits before dying.  The battle ended with about 4 minutes left on the clock.  

Going into Beta I knew I had to do something different, so i mindwiped and put all my points into speed so i could make up the time.  The tentacles took about 10-12 hits to die but i was never successful.  The closest I came was having the timer run out right after he exposed his heart for the last time.

Good luck with the fight!

Archived