[Help] Best way to Glitch/See under the map?

Rancor

Greeting survivors,

A tribe mate of mine was using my Rex on the border of the snow biome to tame a dino when the Rex vanish. I suspect from its location with the glitchy ice/rocks in the map that it has sunken through. Unless I have visual confirmation a dev/mod can not help me retrieve it. I used to be able to get under the map to save my things before the auto-teleport function was added. So does anyone have advice to help me check around for my lost tame? 

Last Seen Cords: 22.8/13.1

Note: I'm not one to just give up until i have exhausted all options ^_- 

Sad story bro... You'd expect there to be logs of what dinos are tamed and an admin "jump to" feature, but apparently there isn't any of that. 
Anywho, go to third person by pressing K and scroll all the way back. Try to position yourself in a way that the camera ends up where you want to look. Take screenshots. Hope this works for you. 

best way is with a quetz/ankylo (or other sizable medium dino) have the quetz carrying you hug the ground (works best near slopes) and it will phase you though the ground allowing you to see below...   which leads to how you can retrieve dinos that fall though the map, with parachutes ready just hop off the ankylo and use the chute to land on your dino and mount it which will then teleport it to the surface (due to the recently added mechanic that teleports players to the surface should they fall beneath it)

11 hours ago, KilroyJenkinz said:

Try sitting in a Roo's pouch while on a steep slope or up against a cliffside. Works for me.

Oh!  I haven't tried this one before! Thanks

10 hours ago, DiloFodder said:

best way is with a quetz/ankylo (or other sizable medium dino) have the quetz carrying you hug the ground (works best near slopes) and it will phase you though the ground allowing you to see below...   which leads to how you can retrieve dinos that fall though the map, with parachutes ready just hop off the ankylo and use the chute to land on your dino and mount it which will then teleport it to the surface (due to the recently added mechanic that teleports players to the surface should they fall beneath it)

Yeah this was my go to method, but I didn't think about the parachute to the dino part. Awesome suggestion! 

Guest UNST3RBLICH

RCON logging will generate logs of 100 lines per 30 seconds or so I believe and place them in the Logs folder of your FTP. Things in deaths, taming, chat, etc but I do not think they include coords upon death.

Archived