New Dino: Edmontosaurus

Volarus

Suggestion

I enjoy how with each new official xpac new, more fanciful creatures are added to the game.  However, I do wish that occasionally new real dinosaurs were added as well.  For those who were around for it, remember how excited people got when the Arkeology event was first teased (and how disappointed everyone was when we found out it was just skins and not actual real dinos).  I'd also like to see some more diversity in the herbivores, most new tames we get are carnivores, which I get, they are more fun, but still it would be nice to see something different from time to time.

One idea, which I am sure other people have had as well, would be to add Edmontosaurus to the game.  I mean, the parasaur is the only hadrosaur in the game, and there are tons of different hadrosaurs to pick from.  My idea for it would that it would be an early side of mid game tame, it would be bigger, faster, carry more weight then a Parasaur.  Like the Parasaur, it would be a decent berry gatherer and a solid swimmer.  Unlike the parasaur, it would not be able to act as a radar, but it would have a very strong tail slam attack making it decent at defending itself.  This tail attach could deal high torpor damage to smaller creatures (survivors/raptors and below), and could stun larger creatures slowing their movement for a shot time.  The tail attack would also deal damage to wood/adobe structures and below. 

I'd also like to see the saddle be a two person saddle...because why not?  

It could spawn anywhere parasaurs spawn, but at lower numbers.  Killing it could yield tons of hide and meat, including prime meat. 

1 reply to this server topic

If any hadrosaur were to be added right now, I'd probably want it to be Shantungosaurus. A Rex sized herbivore(Not smaller like the Theri or larger like the Bronto) would be really cool to see the game. All the abilites you outlined would work really well given the Shantungo's larger size, especially the large creature stun. 

Archived