Help with rex mutations and breeding

TheBrownieMan

So this might seem a little complex but ill try and simply it the best I can

So I found two wild rex's breed them and got two lvl 99 identical twins (ID1) (1D2). I breed those two together until I got 6 un-mutated females with the exact same level and stats as ID1 and ID2. I then breed all of those females with their father until I got a male rex that was lvl 101 (MR). So I breed the mutated rex with all the 6 females and the results confused me..

When i hatched the eggs the levels of the babies where either lvl 99 or 101 and they all had a random mutations but no new mutations were visible.

So I believe from here i just wait until i get an level 103 male rex and slot that in where MR was and continue like that?? Im a bit lost, please help :)

When you breed the 101 with the 99's you will get a random distributation of stats from each of the parents, the game weighs is slightly higher to choose the higher stat between the two but it could still be either. So your 101 got 1 mutation accounting for the 2 levels so without knowing what stat mutated lets say it was the melee. Lets say the unmutated females had 400 melee and the male with a mutation was 410 melee, so the babies between those 2 dinos could have the 400 or the 410 melee which will determine the level being 99 or 101. Yet with all that said even if the baby does not get the higher mutated stat, because its father had a mutation in its ancestry the child will show the same mutation number. That number can be very misleading cause you can take a dino with 10 mutations and mate it with another dino with 10 mutations and the baby will show 20 mutations even if it didnt get any new mutations. Hope that helps, id recommend watching some of the many long elaborate videos on breeding on youtube because they will explain all the strange caveats of breeding that you may not have been aware of. Good luck

Archived