Let us know when you guys drop an update

GGKing

Let us know when you guys drop an update

Wildcard you guys just dropped an update for xbox and I had an error in an already tense situation. The situation was that I was getting wyvern eggs in crystal isles so i had a wyvern heir behind me. But I crashed and tried to get back in only to be canceled by a what was said to be 40gb update. Fortunately my tribemate was still on and managed to get my gear and wyvern as well as warn whoever was left on the server. Reports say there was someone taming a giga. The update only ended up being 15.25gb but that is still multiple hours for some of the worse internet as in it currently says it will take 12 hours to download. But I wish to find a solution rather than just complaining. One such solution could be having a set update and maintenance day such as Tuesdays for non critical updates and perform maintenance. Many other games(Destiny, World of Warcraft, Monster Hunter: World and Grounded) do this to have less of an inconvenience to their playerbase. This post isn't out of malice but it is out of concern that this could lead to larger problems. If the solution proposed can not work please let me know why it can't. I only wish to see the game become the best it can be and that involves maintaining the servers and updating.

in addition, for me at least on xbox 1, the DL didnt start - there was no indication other than I couldnt load into any official server. Restarted ark, still nothing. Only experience with WCs terrible update procedure reminded me to completely restart my console, which started the update process. I have never seen a company that implements so many facets of a game so badly. I cannot imagine how well this game would have done in the gaming world had it been developed by a competent studio.

5 hours ago, overborg said:

in addition, for me at least on xbox 1, the DL didnt start - there was no indication other than I couldnt load into any official server. Restarted ark, still nothing. Only experience with WCs terrible update procedure reminded me to completely restart my console, which started the update process. I have never seen a company that implements so many facets of a game so badly. I cannot imagine how well this game would have done in the gaming world had it been developed by a competent studio.

Had the same experience on xbox, no indication of a download, only noticed cause my tribemate said he couldnt log in even tho server said 45/70. I was like what its that low? these servers have been over max since the drop. Then saw the online numbers only kept going down, So I logged out looking for an update and nothing, just couldnt log into any servers. Had to restart xbox to get a update started. Pretty bad player experience there.

In addition to bringing out the 15.25GB update to fix "Transferable crystal wyverns" They have broken the base game to the point that loading up a map on Primal Game data the game crashes back to dashboard.. 

I have a hunch they do this on purpose, Release a map with minor bugs etc then waste everyones time by breaking it and garnering support for a fix so they can feel good about themselves when people thank them for fixing something. Toral joke of a company.

Archived