Structure limit confusion

Structure limit confusion

Ok im gonna keep it str8 forward. All i wanna know is if some structures count as more then 1 towards the structure limit. So its saying ive hit it, but i know i dont have 7100 structures. If this is the case does anyone know of a list for what structures values are. Example. Foundation=1, cliff plat=10. Not accurate just trying to establish an idea 

Structure limit is one of the least understood features in ARK. The limit isn't the number of structures allowed in a base, it is the number of structures allowed in any circular area around where you are trying to place a structure. It is checked when you place a structure. If exceeded, then you can't place it. That means that you can move 100 foundations to one direction where there are less structures in the circular area you are trying to place a structure and it will place.

This also results in the odd occurrence where you remove a few pieces next to where you want to place something, and still hit the structure limit.

51 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Structure limit is one of the least understood features in ARK. The limit isn't the number of structures allowed in a base, it is the number of structures allowed in any circular area around where you are trying to place a structure. It is checked when you place a structure. If exceeded, then you can't place it. That means that you can move 100 foundations to one direction where there are less structures in the circular area you are trying to place a structure and it will place.

This also results in the odd occurrence where you remove a few pieces next to where you want to place something, and still hit the structure limit.

THis is not quite accurate.  The count is generalized for an entire area,  if you think of the map as a grid of cells, each cell has a 10k structure limit.  SO if you have a neighbor and you are both in that space, the limit is combined from all the structures in that cell.  You can build your base in the corner of 4 cells and if you have no neighbors, you could build up w/ 40k pieces.  

Theres bugs of course.... not gonna go into detail there.

8 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

THis is not quite accurate.  The count is generalized for an entire area,  if you think of the map as a grid of cells, each cell has a 10k structure limit.  SO if you have a neighbor and you are both in that space, the limit is combined from all the structures in that cell.  You can build your base in the corner of 4 cells and if you have no neighbors, you could build up w/ 40k pieces.  

Theres bugs of course.... not gonna go into detail there.

Well then maybe how it works has changed. I read it a year or two ago as being the area around where you are placing. If it is a cell, that doesn't explain what I've seen (not recently) where you hit the limit, but removing pieces right next to where you want to build do not allow more to be placed. Or for instance, a piece is destroyed, but you can not replace it because somehow it was placed originally without hitting the structure limit, but now is hitting it.

5 hours ago, wildbill said:

Well then maybe how it works has changed. I read it a year or two ago as being the area around where you are placing. If it is a cell, that doesn't explain what I've seen (not recently) where you hit the limit, but removing pieces right next to where you want to build do not allow more to be placed. Or for instance, a piece is destroyed, but you can not replace it because somehow it was placed originally without hitting the structure limit, but now is hitting it.

I'm probably wrong then.  I might be operating on some ideas we had back in 2017,  back in the day the devs had said to build big it would be better to go wide.  Which is why I was under this impression, because you could build wide and escape a zone and continue building in another zone.  It could be there's more than 1 constraint and the central pillar radius being the primary constraint, and there being another limit based on zone could still be on top of that.  

THis video here I think has a really good break down of the rules for laying stuff down.  I'd need to search a bit to find the old posts that the devs made on the topic that point to the zone as a limiting factor.

Archived