Epic Game Launcher does not launch ARK

Sakutera

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @Jatheish et.al,

Just tried it and it worked for me !!! Thanks for the update !!!  Joined an official server and ran around punching trees for a few minutes - seems all good.  Will need to play around with settings to get things running nice and smooth (as possible).  But it's great to be in game.  Have to work now but looking forward to having a proper go at the game later this evening.

Thanks also to all the ppl in the thread (especially those who tried various fixes and ideas) - good to know you're not alone when you have issues like this.

Regards,

Neo.

Edit: @Jatheish Lols...Can't work out how to give you positive feedback / like / reputation so I give you some words for now... Thanks for engaging with the community and sorting out the issue.  I imagine there are allot of other issues to resolve given the influx of people into the game now and with the anniversary event etc.  so thanks for putting some focus on resolving what didn't seem to be an overly widespread issue. Props to you !! 

It's working here also.
Thank you @Jatheish for working with us & the devs to find the issue and having it fixed ASAP (and also having that post limit per day lifted!).
Also extending a thanks to everyone in this thread who helped cross off previous solutions for other issues!

I hope we all don't encounter another issue like this for some time as we've done our due!! hahaha

-Peace everyone!!!

@Jatheish
would be nice to reply as fast or even give a poop about the players on STEAM who have been having an issue with connecting to servers for over a week now
it sure is nice supporting you since early access and then when you release the FREE EGS version you ignore the poop out of the ones WHO PAID that only want server fix, not even an issue with the game. you aren't even updating us on the server issues.

Hey all,

So with the new updates, all DLCs, and with the guidance of everything in the thread, I still can't get the menu to appear.

Assertion failed: OnlineSub [File:F:\build\Live311Jenkins\Projects\ShooterGame\Source\ShooterGame\Private\ShooterGameInstance.cpp] [Line: 85] 

VERSION: 311.101 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff89e25a799) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() (0x00007ff608f88b37) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff608f3e3aa) + 179 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff608f3e95d) + 190 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!UShooterGameInstance::Init() (0x00007ff607e2c20c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:86]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Init() (0x00007ff609769c0b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:691]
ShooterGame.exe!UShooterEngine::Init() (0x00007ff607e15d6b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterengine.cpp:384]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() (0x00007ff60727eef9) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2104]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff60727a383) + 20 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:128]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff607281dea) + 5 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff607281f39) + 8 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff60aafe1f1) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff8a0637bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff8a080ce51) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff8a080ce51) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Hope I'm not alone

2 minutes ago, nosystemworks said:

Just to be sure, you put the SteamEOSComposite line back, right? Your error message looks a lot like the one we got when we tried launching after deleting the line "DefaultPlatformService=SteamEOSComposite". :)

Ah shoot right thanks. However, doing that brings me back to the original problem. Title music for ~2 seconds, no window. Music stops abruptly, and the EGS launcher comes back to the foreground. 

Man, that must be so annoying, seeing others with this problem finally get the game to launch and you're still stuck. You're not running Fraps or anything, are you? Because when the game started working for me, the first thing I did was launch Fraps to get a FPS counter (I always turn it on when tweaking settings at the beginning of every game) and I completely forgot that this is conflicting with Ark.

(And the game has a built in FPS counter (console command "stats fps") so I don't need Fraps for this game anyway.)

Help , pls :3

LowLevelFatalError [File:F:\build\Live311Jenkins\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\NetConnection.cpp] [Line: 513] 
UNetConnection::ValidateSendBuffer: Out.IsError() == true. NumBits: 4046, NumBytes: 506, MaxBits: 4096

VERSION: 311.100 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff9951fa799) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FError::LowLevelFatal() (0x00007ff60812fad5) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
ShooterGame.exe!UNetConnection::ValidateSendBuffer() (0x00007ff608a06c85) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:515]
ShooterGame.exe!UNetConnection::WriteBitsToSendBuffer() (0x00007ff608a08c77) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:1349]
ShooterGame.exe!UNetConnection::SendRawBunch() (0x00007ff608a09374) + 49 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:1478]
ShooterGame.exe!UControlChannel::Tick() (0x00007ff6088a641f) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:1227]
ShooterGame.exe!UNetConnection::Tick() (0x00007ff608a09af2) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:1723]
ShooterGame.exe!UNetDriver::TickFlush() (0x00007ff608a0bad8) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:353]
ShooterGame.exe!UPendingNetGame::Tick() (0x00007ff608a3fadc) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\pendingnetgame.cpp:533]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff608bc02a7) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9088]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff608909f23) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1146]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff606482b4c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2432]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff60647d19c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff6064840da) + 5 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff606484229) + 8 bytes [f:\build\live311jenkins\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff609c32251) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff996f97bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff99798ce51) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff99798ce51) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Edit: Singleplayer works perfectly fine for me, and at online it always stucks at PrimalData_BP

1 hour ago, nosystemworks said:

Man, that must be so annoying, seeing others with this problem finally get the game to launch and you're still stuck. You're not running Fraps or anything, are you? Because when the game started working for me, the first thing I did was launch Fraps to get a FPS counter (I always turn it on when tweaking settings at the beginning of every game) and I completely forgot that this is conflicting with Ark.

(And the game has a built in FPS counter (console command "stats fps") so I don't need Fraps for this game anyway.)

Kind of annoying yes. Just trying to play a new game with a friend of mine. No, sadly, the answer is not that simple this time. 

Everytime I try to launch the game directly from the EGS, I am greated with an exceptionally not helpful error code LS-0014, which is a File Not Found error, but that is absolutely the most information it will tell me. After several verifications later, and all the up to date updates and DLCs, it still persists. So, I launch the ShooterGame.exe application directly.

Still no further ahead than I was earlier.. in fact.. technically behind now, since I only get that 2 seconds of music now :(

On 6/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, N01Special said:

The Epic launch of the game throws a module error.  (EOSOVH-Win64-Shipping.dll)

What seemed to resolve it for me was:

Go to the install directory, (mine was "X:\Games\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64" )

find the shootergame.exe file, 

right click and select properties,

click on the compatibility tab,

click the change for all users button

put a checkmark in "disable fullscreen optimizations"

Reboot system.

For reference sakes I'm on a 3900x and a 1080ti

N01

Capture.PNG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YOU WONDERFUL PERSON, YOUUUU!!!!

I have been looking for the.exe file location for ARK for about 5 hours and couldn't see anything. I installed via the Epc Games Store but wanted to be able to access it via my Steam library, but after hitting "add non-Steam game", I was baffled to not being able to locate the .exe. If this was Reddit, I'd give you a Gold or Platinum award, fellow Arkonaut - my nightmare has ended! 

Don't worry guys. Epic games did very smart decision to give Ark for free for some time.

So we got massive invasion of new players what caused some effects too.

Its like when you go on holidays and pay room in destination hotel just to discover  that room is already taken as turist company sold that room to many  other customers.

Players from before stopped helping newcomers as is impossible in  actual conditions.

And new players got very bad experience with login problems , constant big lag, ping over 255 and all other negative effects.

With that experience at least half of new players will not buy Ark

And will need some time after ARk game got Epic Game'd that life on servers get at least close to what old players used on lag feel as playable.

Or ofc if turist company decide to open more hotels as each of them have only 70 rooms, then no worries when you need to run  in toilet in your room  without to be worried that you find there another turist who got your room sold to him too.

Well I remember why i stopped trying to play ark last time

Trying to play single player with the new crystal isles map. Got the C++ redist, disabled full screen enhancements, and did a bunch of the other recommendations on this thread. Nothing works. It shows the loading screen for 2 seconds and goes back to main menu.

I have the epic games version. Any ideas?

Archived