Advice taking on the Alpha Tek Cave for the first time!

xYxBoomerxYx

Advice taking on the Alpha Tek Cave for the first time!

So me and two others have finally killed all the island bosses on Alpha difficulty and are now moving on to the Alpha Tek Cave for ascension. I've seen some videos that show people using a glider suit and gliding all the way to the bottom of the cave, and then using a Tek chest and Shotty combo to take out the boss. Would this still work with 3 of us? The drops are higher quality on the servers and we have single player settings turned off!

Any advice would be great. 

Yes that does work provides you have a very good shotgun. You’ll need a lot of ammo, and keep in mind the extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, an otter is useful for that. You’ll want high durability armor, you won’t take much damage for the most part but bring med brews just incase of fire. 
Bringing in dinos is still worth considering. With 3 people trying to parade in 50 rexes isn’t gonna happen. A deinonychus can do very good damage though, it’s bleed works on the boss. The giga in the cave can be baited into lava with a scout.

Super easy with Lvl 170-185 Rockdrakes with 2600-3000 stamina, just cloak all the way down through the cave.

Primitive saddles.

Mastercraft-Ascendant Armor on our chars except Tek chestpiece and tek boots that were primitive. Tek boots a really good thing to have if you happen to run out of element in chestpiece or just fall down for any reason.

Shotguns were 350-450 in quality, dont remember how many bullets each we took but I think it was 2k if Im not mistaken, have a look in the vid. We were 5 ppl in total.

Archived