Bring back old beginner servers

Tri999ie

Suggestion

Bring back old beginner servers

I miss the old beginner servers where you could farm blue drops for metal structure bps. now you cant even open blue drops as the level cap is like 25. I know these servers are niche but they are enjoyable too, as you experience more player pvp and dinos are just used to get around and farm. pls bring these back the new ones suck. also if the bosses could scale with difficulty level what would be good(they might already idk). also 3 month wipe period is to long. should be every month max(2 months max). 

(added for clarity)

just wanted to add something. currently the lvl cap on beginner servers is 24. blue drops require lvl 25. Blue drops are needed to get metal bps(normally require lvl 45). pt saddle is lvl 38, however pruple drops require lvl 35. since pruple drops can drop pt saddles, i propose the level cap on beginner servers be 35-37. this way, not everyone will be flying around on a pt as saddles will be MUCH harder to get. 

by setting the max player lvl to 35-37, raiding becomes possible(grenades are now available); stone structures are vulnerable(4-5nades) but metal is very hard to raid(like 12 or more nades). pt's will be harder to get and players on pts will be targeted. as well as setting the max wild dino spawn to smth like 60, dinos arent op against players and pvp comes down to player vs player not dino vs dino vs naked on the beach trying to do a note run. hopefully the devs see this because i miss playing the old beginner servers with my friends.

note* pls speed up fert in compost bins.

3 replies to this server topic

On 4/2/2020 at 12:11 AM, Darkholis said:

You can always fish saddle BPs and bypass most of these issues. That is how I got my argent/rex/giga saddles when I was alpha on beginner... until chineses meshed us...

true but i dont know of any ways to get metal structures. also fishing seems hella tedious and the blue drops r better id say. thanks for replying tho

• Volunteer Moderator
On 4/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, Tri999ie said:

currently the lvl cap on beginner servers is 24

I don't believe this was an intended change to be honest. The beginner servers are using a custom config for levels which used to be max level 44 for players. However, there was an extra 5 levels introduced by the Chibis and an extra 15 introduced by the Genesis ascension which means the configuration is no longer correct and should be updated otherwise the max level is now 44 - 5 - 15 = 24. You should submit an outage report for "Incorrect config" and explain that the level ramps is outdated.

Archived