Annoying Lava Cave Base Idea

IDNeon

I have an idea for the lava cave.  Basically (it's built off my regular build idea)

Surround the crater with a terrace probably 5 steps (so 5 deep) that are covered in plant-x and guarded by some auto turrets to block rockets.  Along the inside of the terrace is a metal wall that houses more auto-turrets (either along the side of the wall or along the top, and the metal wall is used to pack as many autos as you can reasonably support as a tribe).  This is the perimeter around the crater.  The inside of the crater has a 5-deep terrace and then metal tower that functions the same as the perimeter except it's the center.  The surrounding crater and beach is the "dino pen" and you may need an elevator solution to the top of the crater to move dinos to the top in case you want to bring dinos up there to the fight.  Then the cave itself will be cleared, and house vaults at the bottom. Inside the cave you irrigate from the lava so you can grow plant-x from internal water sources and farm.  You fill the cave entrance with plant-x and and auto turrets to guard against rockets.

Then as you go deeper you place more auto turrets, sniper boxes, and plant-x but keep it spacious enough for you to operate.  The idea is you can store ptera-fleets inside, because you can grab raiders and drop them in lava for instant death.

Imagine the entire cave an arsenal of plant-x and auto-turrets.

With bridge-less turret bases built on the islands surrounded by lava.

Keep structures to a minimum, because of the 6x damage modifier.

4 minutes ago, ImpureFrost said:

Ahah, nothing wrong with posting.. Look at my posts and try to tell me I'm not addicted ahah

I just wish there were more posters here..the quality of posters here are much higher than Steam forums...where most of those people are ninkompoops.  What do you think of this cave base idea?  I'm talking just packed with turrets.

2 minutes ago, IDNeon said:

I just wish there were more posters here..the quality of posters here are much higher than Steam forums...where most of those people are ninkompoops.  What do you think of this cave base idea?  I'm talking just packed with turrets.

Packed with turrets is a good idea regarding that cave bases take 6x damage

5 minutes ago, ImpureFrost said:

Packed with turrets is a good idea regarding that cave bases take 6x damage

Yup.  Plus I like that without ghillie/fort, the Raiders will be taking heat damage and need med-brews/blood packs more than normal.  Not to mention you can grab with ptera and drop in lava lol.

You can keep a dimorpho army down there, wolves, and anything else you can walk in.  So only your big dinos get stored in the crater.

5 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Raptors, saber tooth, dilos, egg stealers, pteras, will all fit inside Lava Cave. I have been unable to get water inside past the entrance. The ridge is easily defend-able with spike fencing. The box canyon is barely big enough for the pen needed to house Brontos and other large pets.

VKzYanq.jpg

You want water in the cave?  tap the lava.  No joke.

You can irrigate from the lava.

Knowing the crater is "smallish" my idea isn't to wall the pen in at all...but to build terraced-plant-x around the edges of the crater...and a single central tower (suirrounded by a terrace-plant-x) in the center to provide cover for fighting dinos if they make it past the perimeter.

Archived