Is Tokyo Skift [Alpha] possible?

chinpotato

i donno about alpha, i tried doing gamma several times, but 1/2 way through the racetrack the skiff went into a perma land state for me and i couldn't get it to retract its landing gear so i could continue.  it seemed fun till getting stuck in that landing state and the skiff just falling and falling. 

seems most the beta missions are doable, the thing that wildcard didn't take into consideration is the lag spikes all their servers have that screw up the timer, nothing like getting shot backwards to a spot you just went through 10 seconds ago only to find that the timer didn't get those 10 seconds back.  I think thats whats really screwing up the timing with the races.

Alpha is possible, my tribe was fking around a lot, and kept doing group race missions, and keep hitting each other. Tribe mate was able to clear it, i was close by about 2 seconds off (I hit a rock coz tribe mates blocked me).

And to clarify, the landing bug when you get tp’d, you need to jump off, then ride it again and press space to get it off landing gear after the start.

Alpha is possible.  I did it today with a time of 145.163.  There was about 2 seconds left on the clock when I completed it.  It was a near perfect run.  I have spent several hours trying to beat it over the last few days.  Trying to maintain forward momentum during the sharp turns is hard, but must be done.  Not running into stuff is hard.  Try to cut corners when you can.  There is one point in the later part of the course where you are direct to go through a very small hole, I go over this and still hit the boost beyond it.  Good luck.

Archived