Automatic backups for singleplayer savegames

Ellocopro99

Suggestion

I was have 208 hours played mostly in singleplayer over a single map but the savegame broke and I can't found a recently backup, the last one i find was one that i manually did more than a month ago, can you PLEASE make an automatic backup for singleplayer? I searched in the local files for any automatic backup, i found an archive that was slightly newer than the one I did manually, I tried to change the name to TheIsland.ark but it didn't work, I tried to search for the savegame in Steam Cloud but there wasn't any savegame from the ARK, this game use Steam Cloud? my request is if you can make an automatic backup of the savegame files every certain tiem (a day or a week), because now not only I lost 200 hours of gameplay I also have fear that I start a new savegame and that this one also broke (I'm not a native english speaker)

3 replies to this server topic

14 minutes ago, Ellocopro99 said:

I was have 208 hours played mostly in singleplayer over a single map but the savegame broke and I can't found a recently backup, the last one i find was one that i manually did more than a month ago, can you PLEASE make an automatic backup for singleplayer? I searched in the local files for any automatic backup, i found an archive that was slightly newer than the one I did manually, I tried to change the name to TheIsland.ark but it didn't work, I tried to search for the savegame in Steam Cloud but there wasn't any savegame from the ARK, this game use Steam Cloud? my request is if you can make an automatic backup of the savegame files every certain tiem (a day or a week), because now not only I lost 200 hours of gameplay I also have fear that I start a new savegame and that this one also broke (I'm not a native english speaker)

What file did you change the name of? Was it called 'TheIsland_[Numbers]'.ark (and were you playing on Island?) Those files are the backup files. They're created every so often, and I agree, they need to be way more consistent. My Ragnarok's last auto backup is over a month ago>.>

If you worry that you'll lose a new save though, you can rely on manual backups until WC- hopefully- smooths out the auto backup system. You'll want to copy the entire Saved folder- I find that creating a backup as you finish up playing for the day is a good habit to get into. Generally, you'll also want to keep a couple of older backups that you don't replace as well.

11 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

What file did you change the name of? Was it called 'TheIsland_[Numbers]'.ark (and were you playing on Island?) Those files are the backup files. They're created every so often, and I agree, they need to be way more consistent. My Ragnarok's last auto backup is over a month ago>.>

If you worry that you'll lose a new save though, you can rely on manual backups until WC- hopefully- smooths out the auto backup system. You'll want to copy the entire Saved folder- I find that creating a backup as you finish up playing for the day is a good habit to get into. Generally, you'll also want to keep a couple of older backups that you don't replace as well.

I tried with those files but it didn't work, aparently those files are also broken, also the most recently of those was dated from more than a month ago

Archived