• AndrokSurvivor changed the title to SyncArk - Version 1.3.0 available! (Genesis support)
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine runs 24/7 and once i get all my server array built it will all run 24/7  

Looking forward to it

I am having this issue as well. For me it did not start until I installed the new update. Also thanks a ton your program is much better than my xcopy solution. Really looking forward to the new u

Posted Images

Version 1.3.0 available, featuring support for genesis and all future maps + hourly/daily local file backups.

Backups are enabled by default and should save to your user directory, to disable backups or change any backup settings see the new properties file.

Refer to installation steps for version 1.2.0

If upgrading delete C:\Program Files\ArkSync and extract the new ArkSync folder to C:\Program Files and you should be good to go! Bare in mind any properties which you had previously set you will have to set again for 1.3.0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend and I are trying to set this up since we both can't always be online at the same time. Everything goes fine on installation until we try to find the StudioWildcard folder in the appdata. It just isn't there, and we can't find it anywhere.

We've been playing on our own server for quite a while now, so something should exist somewhere....but we can't find it. Any ideas on what we're missing?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 1:16 PM, alexthegrt said:

Hey so I have it all setup with 3 maps. Everything was working great!!!

Until I shut down the servers for a windows update . When I reloaded them we noticed nothing saved and the 2 new servers went back to day 1 and the existing server went back to the save right before i started the cluster.

Any suggestions?

Hey, once you have your cluster setup you need to make sure to set "task.download" to 'false' otherwise when the arksync program is restarted it will overwrite your local files with the cloud files (download), hence why you're being rolled back! 

On 8/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, alexthegrt said:

Ok so I edited the sync.prop file to turn map sync off. Instead of true I put false. It still synced and wiped save

Not to mention I had to give myself permission to edit the file. 

This setting is for synchronization, once disabled the cloud map files should not be updated, however if you still have "task.download" set to 'true' then your local files will be overwritten. 

Sorry, I haven't really worked on this or used the ark forums for a LONG time. The program should work fine once you have all your permissions and what not sorted!

On 6/26/2020 at 11:06 PM, cxfAtheus said:

My friend and I are trying to set this up since we both can't always be online at the same time. Everything goes fine on installation until we try to find the StudioWildcard folder in the appdata. It just isn't there, and we can't find it anywhere.

We've been playing on our own server for quite a while now, so something should exist somewhere....but we can't find it. Any ideas on what we're missing?

Since it's been two months, I'm sure you've figured it out.. however just in case, check that you have the setting "Hidden items" enabled in the 'View' settings for file explorer! 

22 hours ago, AndrokSurvivor said:

Hey, once you have your cluster setup you need to make sure to set "task.download" to 'false' otherwise when the arksync program is restarted it will overwrite your local files with the cloud files (download), hence why you're being rolled back! 

This setting is for synchronization, once disabled the cloud map files should not be updated, however if you still have "task.download" set to 'true' then your local files will be overwritten. 

Sorry, I haven't really worked on this or used the ark forums for a LONG time. The program should work fine once you have all your permissions and what not sorted!

Thanks for the response. I ended up setting task download to false before the first run and also set map to false. It runs smoothly now. What are the disadvantages to having map sync off?

22 hours ago, alexthegrt said:

Thanks for the response. I ended up setting task download to false before the first run and also set map to false. It runs smoothly now. What are the disadvantages to having map sync off?

Map sync is for if you constantly switch maps on your servers, for instance say you run valguero on server 1 then switch to ragnarok and then you want server 2 to switch to valguero it wont be the same save as server 1 if you have map sync off. So essentially map files wont be synchronized between your servers. 

IF however you want to run several servers with the same map, say two servers running genesis then you should definitely turn map sync off!

On 8/26/2020 at 7:52 AM, AndrokSurvivor said:

Try running it through command prompt instead and see what happens!

Doing that did allow it to run longer and stay up but still no files in the arksync folder in Dropbox. It appears to getcloudpath correctly and getnlocalpath correctly then reads:

exception in thread "main" java.lang.nullpointerexception

At java.util.objects.requirenonnull(unknown source)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.getlocalmapdirectories(analysis.java:33)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.analysedirectories(analysis.java:19)

At arksync.Main.main(main.java:53)

On 8/30/2020 at 6:23 AM, Heller89 said:

Doing that did allow it to run longer and stay up but still no files in the arksync folder in Dropbox. It appears to getcloudpath correctly and getnlocalpath correctly then reads:

exception in thread "main" java.lang.nullpointerexception

At java.util.objects.requirenonnull(unknown source)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.getlocalmapdirectories(analysis.java:33)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.analysedirectories(analysis.java:19)

At arksync.Main.main(main.java:53)

I think you've skipped a step, make sure to host a player dedicated instance on each map that you want to synchronize then run SyncArk. If you have no local map files to synchronize then it won't work, you need at least one.

I started over, i used double \\ as you stated to someone above and found some success. The bat file will still only stay up if i run it through cmd admin. It successfully created folders maps, obelisk, player_data into arksync on onedrive but theyre all empty. Theres plenty of files in the wildcard numbersandletters folder as the server has been up for months. Any suggestions?

9 hours ago, Heller89 said:

I started over, i used double \\ as you stated to someone above and found some success. The bat file will still only stay up if i run it through cmd admin. It successfully created folders maps, obelisk, player_data into arksync on onedrive but theyre all empty. Theres plenty of files in the wildcard numbersandletters folder as the server has been up for months. Any suggestions?

Do you have multiple numbers and letters folders? The program may be looking at the wrong directory.