Whats the EST on ARK going into beta?

Lemonz

51 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

alpha/beta terms don't really apply

this early access is a kind of hybrid

This.

A typical "Alpha" test phase is completely closed. Selected people participate in testing out a specific function for a select period of time, report the issues with this specific function and then go on their way.

Once all these functions are hacked out, Beta starts which is mass testing of a group of functions. Many more people are selected to try out multiple functions to see how they work together. Bugs are reported, bugs are fixed, and the test is run again.

With an early access title like this, both of these are happening at the same time. New functions are being added after minimal local tests, and the broad population is testing it along with all other current functions at the same time.

So there really is no direct "Alpha" and "Beta" phase for a game like this.

That being said, the Dev's stated that they planned on finishing up adding features and start polishing current content in a couple months or so. I doubt they will hit their June release date so I would say the polishing will start around June, with a release late summer/early fall. (maybe closer to Christmas for the Holiday revenue boom)

There's a lot of content to add still, so I wouldn't hold your breath. We've only got something like half of the planned animal species, we're missing an entire building/equipment tier, only 1 of the bosses is in, etc. So it's going to be quite some time before we can expect to see any major fixes, rebalancing, etc. They're still doing that stuff as they go of course, but the primary goal right now is getting content in.

theoretically, they could have a lot more ready to be deployed

if I was them (which obviously I'm not) the rate of released content would increase exponentially as I approached a release date, with the intent of the release to have a whole lot of content that not everyone had already "mastered" to help build motivation for others to buy it

rather than having all the content in the game (publicly) for a long period prior to release and blowing all motivation before release even happened

I could very easily see release day coming with its own substantial patch of new content

there's no telling what they're holding back right now

Archived