Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, RASPAARMY said:

Hi, here I send you a backup somewhere where you can get a copy so you can review it, this is the one where it doesn't load for me.
As always an awesome job !!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lLG_VH9VkHt0OGdV2riW2DpatApLnhyP/view?usp=sharing

You appear to have some duplicate key data in that save file.

About to start work but will investigate further when I finish this evening and get back to you with more information.

.. edit ...

After adding an ignore to skip these duplicate keys eventually I receive an error regarding the database itself:  

SQLite Error 11: 'database disk image is malformed'.'

Not sure how ARK loads this save if it's a bad file - maybe try using the SqlLite command line tools to "repair" before attempting to read in ASV?

Edited by MirageUK

first off: thank you for taking so much time to maintain this tool and associated libraries. having only spent a few hours tinkering with minimal coding experience I made it as far as parsing the header for a single .arkprofile by smashing the old arkpy library and trying to under just what the heck was going on with ASA vs ASE.

Ive combed through a decent amount of the pages here and your documentation where available on github but i cant find anywhere to adjust some of the ArkBot features. One issue i've seen when using it is that the map images are truncated and are therefore displaying incorrectly, am i doing something wrong on my side?:

ark_bot_map.png.d8449609d7891f8a382377b94e4205e5.png

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, steakwhistle said:

am i doing something wrong on my side?:

ark_bot_map.png.d8449609d7891f8a382377b94e4205e5.png

I think youre the first I'm aware of to try and use ASVBot - so I haven't had much testing or feedback.

I don't believe it'll be something you're doing wrong but more likely something I haven't tested.

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

Edited by MirageUK

9 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I think youre the first I'm aware of to try and use ASVBot - so I haven't had much testing or feedback.

I don't believe it'll be something you're doing wrong but more likely something I haven't tested.

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

no rush at all if its an actual bug. I was actually interested in seeing how I could use the map export feature in the Viewer programatically, as I've already made a lil' webhook script that uses the ASVExport json's to send a morning/evening "dinoforecast" to a channel used for notifications (ex. high lvl XYZ dino sighted at lat/lon). The jsons are perfect as is for a daily stat up on the players, but the map exports to go along with them would be nice. I was already looking into just using your map data & the lat/lon to do something within the script but if i could just hook into whatever the mechanism is for your map export in the full client that would certainly save some time.

ark_bot_map2.png.4e8a29bd45d15a4e02850227430a396f.png

thanks again for this tool, its made pin-pointing problematic dino deaths a breeze and the dino forecast goes over very well with my friends who are always looking for the next big tame!

• Thanks 1

just to follow up, i was able to get the json export automated and I know have a daily report that gets sent to my discord for the players to review tames of the day. I was wondering is it at all possible to hook into the map export feature in the Ark Viewer client or am I better off just recreating it now that i have the map.json and the below lat/lon values?

ark_bot_map3.png.56537698b2bec069047dd8d3cdbcea83.png

@steakwhistle - There isn't anyway currently to export the map images by command line but the functionality is fairly simple if you have the lat/lon values.

var imageSize = 1024;
  var markerX = (float)(wild.Longitude.GetValueOrDefault(0)) * imageSize / 100;
  var markerY = (float)(wild.Latitude.GetValueOrDefault(0)) * imageSize / 100;

On 5/2/2024 at 11:01 PM, MirageUK said:

I think youre the first I'm aware of to try and use ASVBot

I tried using it a few months ago but couldn't find any documentation so figured you were still working on it.

Are there some docs you could point me to? Basically looking for a way to extract data from the save file into a more usable format. XML/JSON would be amazing.

EDIT: I found it:

Edited by MeatShield
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 9:11 PM, MeatShield said:

I tried using it a few months ago but couldn't find any documentation so figured you were still working on it.

Are there some docs you could point me to? Basically looking for a way to extract data from the save file into a more usable format. XML/JSON would be amazing.

EDIT: I found it:

Yeah there is no real documentation as this was never actually meant as a public facing project. 

It quickly evolved from a simple CSV parser to list in sortable grid format showing wilds and tames into what it is today.  Maybe one day I'll revisit, clean it all up and document things.

Edited by MirageUK