Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Oh my goodness. I think this is what I've been looking for to see structures placed by players on my dedicated server. I can't wait to get home and try it out after work!

Thank you for all your hard work.

Update: So I tried your wonderful work last night and it's exactly what I was looking for thank you so much. It was also very straight forward and user friendly. Great work!!!

Edited by odinallfathergod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MirageUK

can't thank you enough for this incredible utility.

I have a couple suggestions if you don't mind

#1 I love how it can show all wild creatures and sort per stat, so useful to find powerful tames to add to your bloodline collection, but so many creatures with high stats are untamable (ants, fishes), it can be painful to spot tha good stuff through all the stuff you can't tame. could you please add a "tamable" filter checkbox to that menu? laktator can filter out untamable creature so it's certainly possible.

#2 probably requested a lot but it would be so amazing if you could make this into an editor rather than just a viewer, it would probably get 1000 times more attention from the community and become a must have

thanks

1.png

Edited by valjean
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, valjean said:

#1 could you please add a "tamable" filter checkbox to that menu? 

#2 probably requested a lot but it would be so amazing if you could make this into an editor rather than just a viewer, it would probably get 1000 times more attention from the community and become a must have

#1 - Filter checkbox will be included in the next build, defaulted to YES to filter out non-tameables.

#2 - Not a chance.  I don't understand the underlying save format enough to reliably write it back out without corrupting anything.  I use a toolkit mainly coded by others with minor amendments I worked out myself to read in some things for ASV to show / export.

2 hours ago, Wolfamid said:

Hi, could you add CreatureID field to 'Tamed Creatures' please. It would be perfect to catch duped same ID creatures.

Noticed that I was still doing exports slightly differently between the command line and the settings page.  Will fix and include the Id's in the next release along with the new "tameable" field for the wild exports.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

@MirageUK Version 4.5.0.4 is not working with Fjell (Fjordur mod version).
I would like to give you more details but no error appears, the savegame simply does not load.
But it works fine with 1 year old save game of Fjordur (before became Fjell)

Save Game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfbm4gif2gcasfo/Viking_P.ark?dl=0

Edited by LeGustaVinho

On 1/26/2023 at 1:51 AM, LeGustaVinho said:

@MirageUK Version 4.5.0.4 is not working with Fjell (Fjordur mod version).
I would like to give you more details but no error appears, the savegame simply does not load.
But it works fine with 1 year old save game of Fjordur (before became Fjell)

Save Game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfbm4gif2gcasfo/Viking_P.ark?dl=0

Wasn't aware there was still an unofficial mod version of Fjordur.  When my game re-installs I'll check it out and add the mappings as required for it to work as Fjell.

• Like 1

4.5.1.0 now available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SHVtJD56Digc2UWi39Xldi21RyWYTHTR/view?usp=share_link

Changes

• Updated ASV to use latest version of FluentFtp to hopefully resolve some of the issues encountered with previous versions.
  • Unified exports so that ArkViewer and ASVExport both use the same methods and output the same data.
  • Added "tameable" filter option to the Wild Creatures tab.
  • Added Fjell support (copy / paste job of Fjordur in maps.json)

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

@MirageUK new user here, when i click on add new server under "FTP Server" i get

Mode: Mode_SinglePlayer

Save:

Could not load file or assembly 'FluentFTP, Version=44.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f4af092b1d8df44f'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmFtpFileBrowser..ctor()
   at ARKViewer.frmSettings.btnAddServer_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ArkViewer\frmSettings.cs:line 880
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Nazfera2 said:

also, new user here guys. maybe someone can help me explore the .ASV function

where is the .asv located in the dedicated server ?
is it a compression tool ?
how can i get my own .asv ?

ASV isn't anything to do with a server.  It's not a server plugin or MOD - it is a stand-alone tool to read the .ark, .arkprofile, .arktribe file data.

As for your error - did you extract the full zip into a directory?  Sounds like it's missing the FluentFtp.dll file.

@MirageUK hey, for the Error. yes i did i unzipped all the contents twice after i re downloaded it to see if anything was corrupted.  i just took a closer look at the FluentFtp.dll and i can confirm it is on the same folder as the ArkViewer.exe.
no file management or modifications done after the unzip. i just ran the exe.

Thanks for clarifying the ASV. i missed that that was the name of the tool you created.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:53 AM, MirageUK said:

ASV isn't anything to do with a server.  It's not a server plugin or MOD - it is a stand-alone tool to read the .ark, .arkprofile, .arktribe file data.

As for your error - did you extract the full zip into a directory?  Sounds like it's missing the FluentFtp.dll file.

was the FTP working on a past version ?
i might just download the older version and test it.
the map i have is the island.

I know this would be a big thing to possibly ask for.  I am not sure if it is possible off hand. 

Could there be a way to make the export of Dino information compatible to be able to mass upload dinos to Ark Smart Breeder? 

I know alot of folks who use Ark Smart Breeder and this has a lot of potential value. 

Only a suggestion if its not a viable option I understand. 

Thank You for Your time and a wonderful tool. 

here is the link to the Ark Smart Breeder. GitHub - Rockafella78/Ark-Smart-Breeding

On 2/9/2023 at 4:14 PM, Sirendire said:

I know this would be a big thing to possibly ask for.  I am not sure if it is possible off hand. 

Could there be a way to make the export of Dino information compatible to be able to mass upload dinos to Ark Smart Breeder? 

Unfortunately I don't know the format that Smart Breeder uses and don't have time to include such functionality within ASV. 

ASV does export to JSON though so if you can work out the format I'm sure it should be easy enough to write something to "translate" one into the other if all information is available in ASV that Smart Breeder uses.

Github source is available for ASV if anybody else wants to give it a go: https://github.com/miragedmuk/ASV

Hello
For report error/missing function :

I don't see "S+ dedicated storage" (no mod, vanilla) in the item search list (we test with a dedicated with Hide, and an other with dust, but they don't appear in the list... any dedicated in the list)

In screens :
1) We see they have vanilla dedicated (1 with hide, an other with element dust)
2) We see they aren't in the list of search item
3) We can see I search at the good place before (the A-Z order)

Thank you for your work, you're tool is incredible !

{1857F5CB-05CA-41EF-BCB1-9D9AE14E93C8}.png

{2F9DAF35-716F-4A12-882D-6577C12CCB07}.png

{3C5BB261-DFA1-4D55-911D-F0D54BCC2712}.png

Edited by SpenceFoxtrot

@SpenceFoxtrot - I no longer play the game and have no save data to check this with.  If you can provide your backup data I should be able to see why it doesn't list S+ Dedi storage using your save data.

Checked against somebody else save data.  I can see S+ dedicated storage appear in Item Search Tab when I search an item that is in that Dedi Storage box.  I can see no isssue here without further clarity on what you believe to be the problem?

@SupremeChihuahua - I'd need more information.  Lookin at the screen shot you appear to be using an offline save game.  Not sure what you entered when you hit the PLUS folder to setup your "Server3" so can't really advise on what you might have done wrong.  It's usually simple enough to setup using .ARK save data.

Leave "cluster folder" blank unless you're running a server with a shared cluster folder.

image.png.4fee8c97a950af23b76ca62a5f354dd6.png

Edited by MirageUK

Hello. An interesting issue - players reported that the auto-demolition of buildings did not work. Map Gensis 1. There are buildings on the map, but ASV can't see them. It is impossible to pick them up with a cheat command. You can only destroy. It was possible to find archives where they are visible.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/kNAhtHjBCU4J_w

June 9, 2020 - they belong to the SaCHiK tribe, ASV sees them.

1_genesis_20200609_082521.jpg

Edited by BoRGaMeS