Inconsistency in community?

Water623

Inconsistency in community?

So, I have a probably more normal observation than I thought.   I'm on a PS4 cluster, and for years I hear people constantly whine about how the normal ark experience is SOOO boring. These same people said OMG ITS SO HARD when abberation made a few small changes, and no one messes with it.  I know because I lived there till Drake fever hit every few months, and even then only one or two people violate abberation, most go once then don't come back.   Then extinction hit and every now and again I'll get a person over for an element run because apparently bosses are hard. But no one  sticks around.  Is this a thing or do I just have a particularly difficult group of people

Abberation is a very confusing map to navigate, and it appears that 8/10 people hate the map because of it.  I personally only go on it to tame glow pets, and then I leave.

Extinction other than the new dinos, really doesn't excite a lot of people, so once again, they get on, tame the dinos they need, and transfer out.

I play on a cluster with all maps, and personally Extinction is my main base map, and I live in Sanctuary city. I love using this map as my breeding for mutations base, because I have 24-7 daylight, and don't have to deal with trying to identify colors in the dark or with artificial light.  Plus the element veins and other resources are plentiful. I just made sure to tame a couple Black & Silica Pearl gachas for those things.

I also think for Extinction, the ceiling and borders that kills you in seconds keeps a lot of people away, as they don't want to risk losing a dino because they turned the wrong way, and can't recover quick enough.

Personally, I love being on a fairly empty server map, less lag, less competition over drops and element veins, and less thieves and trolls to deal with.

Abe is horrible for beginners, because it has no flyers and drakes are the endgame thing in aberration.

I started there and know how hard it was, not only will the raptors hunt you but also the ravagers and ravagers are horrible to deal with until you have a spino.

We used our 2 spinos to go down and collect rock drake eggs by using climbing picks after walking all the way down and up again and most of the nests were bugged with low lvl eggs.

A lot of people probably don't want to deal with the ''no flying'' and I can understand it, everyone can and should play how they like to.

For me personally Extinction is a very plain and boring map, there is not much to do. You do some red drops and 50k veins which take very long depending on the place you do them at. The veins are horrible buggy to walk around because the spikes keep rubber banding you. 

Once you farmed your 10k element, there really is no reason to ever farm it again, so what do you do there? Tame dinos? For what reason, everything you can buy for a little dust or tek is 100 times better.

The main reason for me to dislike the map is the possibility to teleport corrupted gigas/dinos around the map, people will just place teleporters over your base and start teleporting gigas on top of your base like it happened on our server while the Wildcard GM's sadly can't help you because you have to actually film the others luring the gigas. Them having that teleporter there and in the giga area while looting other peoples destroyed bases is not enough for a report, it could have all been a coincidence.

That's the reason why I personally dislike Extinction but I always liked Abe.

If they would just fix the buggy cave spawns and rock drake nests + the holes in the map in some areas, the map would really be the best after Ragnarok IMO.

i started with a fresh character in abberation, as i didn't want to get my main character stuck in there, as at the time i didn't have the stuff for a tek transmitter. 

I built a small base in there and was having fun with a player there, played on there for several months, and thats when the big patch deboggle hit that deleted a bunch of peoples characters, and structure decay got shut off.  I continued to play on abberation off and on with that character and got some really nice dino's tamed from there, but when they turned decay back on, 1/2 my building instantly decayed.  at that point I decided to call it quits on abberation, and moved all my dino's from there back to my main server.   losing several months work in a blink of a eye wasn't fun.

I haven't been back except once sense, to help a friend get out that didn't realise how hard it was to get their character out.  One day I will probably return there and get myself a base established, but for now I'm mostly playing on Valguero and maintaining my dino's on my other servers.  Abberation is a challenging place for new players, even seen some seasoned players get beat up pretty good just because they weren't expecting certain things in some areas.

Abberation can be fun, and enjoyable, but it can be a struggle as well. I refuse to use climbing picks in there myself, twice they threw me under the map and 3 times they instakilled me. 

Archived