I need help

Bigchingus7890

Hi,

If you have a Quetzal the easy answer would be to pick it up and drop it into a taming pen. I’ve done it before. some people say that the bear can still claw you in mid-air; it has never happened for me though.

If you don’t have a Quetzal a simple method is to get a flyer (or just yourself really but the Redwoods area where they spawn is pretty dangerous) and construct a simple stone 2x2 trap made of doorways with a ramp leading to the top. Dire Bears cannot fit through doorways so you can run through (or fly through with a pteranodon) and they will be trapped. Bears cannot damage stone and I’m not sure if Wood will last long enough but I think it’s not a risk worth taking. 

Bring carno kibble (you can steal eggs, redwoods has plenty of carnos), if not honey - if you have a redwood base this should be easy. If you have neither and have to use raw prime or just raw meat, bring lots of narcotics. The easy way to get lots of biotoxin is to hunt the Cnidaria/jellyfish around the Southeast coast from long distance. Sometimes they glitch and run on land and kill themselves. If not, narcotics and narcoberries (lots of narcoberries) work.

Tips: Be careful because the Bears’ health is pretty low. Tranq Darts with a Longneck Rifle are advised. If you’re using arrows you apparently have to feed it corpses (from the wiki). I would recommend you wait until you can gather enough resources for a Rifle before attempting though. Of course, if you are taming a high level Bear with enough health this should be okay. 

Bring a few sleeping bags and put them around because the Redwoods is relatively dangerous and you don’t want to lose the tame accidentally dying to a couple of nasty Terror Birds. You can build a temporary Wooden Tree Platform (in Mobile there are no Thylacoleos to be worried about) and supervise the taming. 

Any idea for a trap is okay, it doesn’t have to specifically the one I mentioned. Dire Bears can collect anything and are a really essential tame! I wish you luck and hope this helped :) 

P.S. I’m really paranoid so I do a lot of reading up before attempting a tame!

Archived