Please allow resources to re-spawn in single player

Celee022

Suggestion

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

83 replies to this server topic

17 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

Is the check box for " use singleplayer settings" checked? If so, it might be overriding the slider set to 0. 

I unchecked it, and reset the resource slide to 0. It worked. Thank you so much.

Do you know what that check-box does? Why is it over-riding the resource spawn - not just the slider, but the timer, too?

1 hour ago, Celee022 said:

I unchecked it, and reset the resource slide to 0. It worked. Thank you so much.

Do you know what that check-box does? Why is it over-riding the resource spawn - not just the slider, but the timer, too?

Okay - so it worked in one isolated area - near my base - but a short distance out, it hadn't reset the resources. I tried again to reset them in another area, and it isn't taking. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Celee022 said:

That checkbox was added recently to make the singleplayer game a little easier. It basically ups everything like breeding and stuff to 16x speed. Also it makes fighting the bosses much easier to fight solo.

Here's from the patch notes. It's in PC format but it shows the actual multipliers involved.

Single Player Settings

These are settings which are automatically enabled in Single Player and Non Dedicated Servers. You can turn them off by disabling the ini setting, or just unchecking the box in your host options. These are the changes that occur when these settings are live:

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=0.200000
XPMultiplier=2.000000
TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.50000
ServerCrosshair=True
ShowMapPlayerLocation=True
EnablePvPGamma=True
AllowFlyerCarryPvE=True

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0.450000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0.415000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0.550000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0.550000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=1.000000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=1.000000
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.125000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.167000
bFlyerPlatformAllowUnalignedDinoBasing=False
bAllowCustomRecipes=True
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=True
MaxDifficulty=False
bUseSingleplayerSettings=True

The intention behind this change was to soothe the Single Player and Non-Dedicated experience to make it more approachable for those playing in smaller groups. Of course, you don't have to have these settings on, but they will make a significant difference to your game!

I actually don't see anything in those singleplayer settings that would affect resource spawning, so I honestly have no idea why that may have initially worked for you unless it was just coincidence and the respawns are simply working as intended. Perhaps the reason those resources closest to you have respawned is because you harvested those first and the ones farther out will respawn soon.

Thanks for posting the stuff for the sp flag. I don't know what's up with the resources. Nothing was spawning - even if I waited it out. I actually harvested the stuff further out first, which is what I can't get to spawn. And the slider seemed to have worked once when I toggled the switch for the sp flag, but only around the base (where I was at the time). It didn't work the second time at another area. I may try to toggle the sp flag again, see if that helps - even though as you've pointed out, it should have no bearing on resources. 

I'm starting to think it was coincidence, or a fluke, that the resources had spawned around my base when I logged in today. I usually keep my respawn slider at .6 or .7, as it's just me, but if the resource respawn isn't being 'listened' to by the game, then maybe I didn't wait long enough. My base is 'live' all the time (I think) - but I haven't figured out yet what makes an area 'live' - is it only player presence, or can dinos, things on timers (furnaces, garden pots, compost bins, etc) make an area 'live'? 

For right now, I'm just sitting out at the spot I'm hoping to get resources at, to see if they come back, and if they do, how long it takes. Usually, it's a couple hours, even with the slider tamped down. 

I noticed that some items had come back since last time I had harvested, so I went out with my dinos, and went to gather. Turns out, I forgot to change my slider from 0. When I got far enough away, sure enough, what I had harvested popped back up. 

I changed the slider, harvested a couple items, and then reset the slider to 0 - no luck. So it seems that the slider works when set to 0, but only on items that are harvested in the game. 

Is there any way other than waiting for hours to find out if these resources will respawn? Is this legitimately an issue with sp respawn - does anyone know?

---- edited this morning as I can't reply to threads for some reason ---

When logged in this morning, I went back to harvest. Some observations (my resource slider is at 0.6):

• Within the same session:
    • Shrubs/plants seem to spawn back almost immediately
    • Tiny trees spawn back within a few minutes
    • Larger (palm-type) trees spawn back within an hour
    • Rocks spawn back within an hour
  • Some of the trees (larger palm-type) harvested in previous sessions finally started to spawn - This took multiple hours in this session, plus the multiple hours from prior sessions
  • None of the rocks or metal harvested in previous sessions spawned. I waited for over 4 hours in this session

Has anyone seen a similar issue, or know of how to fix this? As of right now, it looks like only items from the current session are respawning, and perhaps some sporadic wood resources from prior sessions with enough time.

Going off my edit from before - it seems like this issue is session-dependent. Once the resource is harvested, if it's not respawned by the time I log out, it's almost like it's gone forever, or at least on a timer that's longer than useful. I've probably spent well over 8 hours in a spot, waiting for resources to spawn, and they aren't. 

Is anyone else seeing resource spawn issues? Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

I have noticed this too in my game but its a non dedicated private server on the island map...Since the latest update things are really getting bare and trees and such not spawning back as they normally do. I tried lowering some of the sliders down a few notches but it doesn't seem to change anything. I also have the single player setting box unchecked.

This is either sp, or non dedicated for myself. I tried again - took down one rock near my base, logged out, logged in, cleared the rest of the resources. Everything except that one rock spawed back within an hour. This seems to be a legitimate bug. Is there some formal reporting process? I've lost the ability to gather metal, oil, and crystal, as I've cleared all of the nodes nearby, and they aren't spawning.

I`m really surprised that more people aren't complaining about this issue, This is a major bug issue. I tried playing around with slider settings and lowered the player and base resource multipliers down to 0.3 and the other two settings(forget what they are called) that have to do with resource spawning set to 0.3 and I`m now getting some trees that re spawn back but only about 4 to 5 trees come back after about 5 or 10 minuets after I leave the area for a while.

I'm still having this issue. For now, I've just tamped down the slider so things respawn before I log out, but I'm missing a lot of resources like metal, stone, and crystal that I need. This happened over the summer once, and I'm not sure what fixed it, if it was an update for this, or something unrelated. 

Finally figured this out and had to create an account to share the good news

1. Set resource respawn interval to .01 also set resource respawn distance to player to .01

2. Travel a good distance away from area (I flew for around 2 minutes in a straight line)

3. Exit game (Return to main menu)

4. Start single player session back up and return to area

Archived