Download Size in Terms of Internet Usage

Download Size in Terms of Internet Usage

So I just bought a new Gaming PC and I already have ark downloaded on another PC. I would like to download it on my new PC however the only problem is I'm afraid of maxing out my internet usage just by downloading the game. Does anybody know how much internet data this game takes to download? I would like to know the amount for just the base game and then the amount for the season pass. All useful information would be appreciated, Thanks.

Assuming Steam, you can (usually) copy an install folder(the one from steamapps/common)  from one machine to another  and when you go to install the game on the new one it will see the install already there and try to verify and complete with what it has. I'd recommend making sure the source install is up to date before copying it to minimize the possibility of problems; if the file signatures match the current build a smooth transition is probably much more likely.

1 minute ago, CaptainBlitz0714 said:

@arkark Cool, then divide it by 2. Thanks, that really helps me out. Ill reply with the outcome for anybody else who wants to see it.

Btw, if you really have issues with data download limitation, you should consider the suggestion some one did in previous post, about copying the steamapps/common/ARK files from one PC to another.

5 hours ago, CaptainBlitz0714 said:

Its 50 GB. If its takes a lot of internet data usage then Ill have to wait until the end of the month...

If that is the limit of your monthly usage, (and not easy for me to say this) I'd suggest not playing Ark, it can have 25GB updates from time to time, and that includes the core game already installed. But I personally dont know, I  havent measured how much data a fresh install of Ark would use.

My Ark files on my PC are around 250GB. My files have a few mods, and several worlds saves there), and I strongly encourage the copying of files onto another PC if you must play on numerous PC's with limited data. I havent copied it myself, so I am not sure if a copy will work.

I use two PC's, and I go over my 1TB softcap every three months or so.

I cant stop Ark's updates (only pause them if I see them running). Update settings I have for every game  are set to Only update when I launch it, but that setting is consistently disobeyed by Ark, for years, so it might update when you aren't even wanting to play Ark.

Some updates can be 25GB or more, then there's mods that update too, those tend to update more often than the core game. But I havent kept track of how much internet data it actually uses.

Then there's the rare occasion that Steam suddenly deleted ALL your Ark files, like it has done for my tribemate on numerous occasions, and many others, an issue with Steam that I've seen as early as 2014, and as recently as last week. It tends to happen when the PC powers off while Steam and/or Ark is currently updating.

I wish you the best trying to get Ark to the second PC, but I highly doubt playing Ark is practical with only 50GB monthly data. I'd say play it safe and wait for the end of the month, but I wouldn't be surprised if you hit your cap.

Ark's Size on my PC:

https://i.imgur.com/UmVJQp1.png

Archived