Official Server - Transferring for Engrams

Sikaflex

There is alot of talk about this online, mostly from a local play point of view and I couldn't quite find my answer.

Here it goes.

I am playing on an Official Island Server.

I am solo with a tribe of which I am admin.

I want to transfer my character to an Official Server of Extinction, unlock engrams.

Then I want to quickly transfer back to The Island.

Questions:

Is this possible? Yes

Will I lose anything on The Island doing this? No

Will I come back to The Island still the Admin of my Tribe and have access to doors and gates without entering pins? Yes

Will all the dinos still be owned by me? Yes

Updated Answers

Thanks, yes I took the risk and traveled to another server (Extinction) and made it back just fine after unlocking engrams and finding a nearby terminal to come back (took a whole two minutes). When I came back to The Island I was still admin, could get into all my doors and vaults, everything was still owned by me like I never left. All is well.

Now I can make Element from Dust ;)

Just now, ArkRage said:

I'm not sure, but there has been a lot of posts about people losing their characters during transfer. It's best to just have a scroll through the forums and have a read, but someone might explain it a bit better than me in this thread.

Yeah, I haven't experienced it myself either. I do see it here on the forums from time to time, but all that I've been able to gather is that it happens when you're unlucky enough that your server crashes while transferring. I'm curious to know if there are more reasons that can cause a loss of character.

Archived