Perfect Tamed Sarco vs. The Ocean

TylerTheDoctor

So, after spending 2 hours doing a perfect tame on a shark, it got killed a day later by another shark while I was offline, clearly I needed a pen for it. However, before I decide to go waste 2 hours again, would a perfect tamed Sarco be able to take on the underwater world? With my shark I had, I could kill a mate boosted pair of plesiosaurs no problem, but can a perfect tamed sarco take on even one?

Sarcos have awful turning circles and can't angle themselves up or down making it bloody hard to actually hit anything unless you run into it head on. I have a perfect tamed 120 that I've sunk everything into melee on and she's just too awkward to bother taking unless I plan on getting in and out of the water. For pure ocean trips my shark is a much better prospect. He was a level 92 before tame and I'll take on anything apart from Mosa's with him.

• Volunteer Moderator

For the slow turners, you need speed.  And, for some reason, the wild animals appear to be able to turn as fast(if not faster) than you, even if you have higher speed; Mosa vs Mosa can be annoying.

So, what I do, is swim away, make a U turn, and then come back and face them head on.  It is not very elegant, and even gets a bit boring and annoying after a while.  Of course, your animal will need both some melee and health, as you basicially doing a face to face tank.

However, the other advantage is that you can get away for a moment, and see what else is in the area.  Also a chance to deal with small threats and annoyances that could get you stuck; looking at you Ichthy.  And, sometimes, you can split up a pair, so that you can handle one first, before the other gets involved.  Remember, for Mosa and Plesio, up is your friend.

On a side note, whether is is a perfect tame or not(and I assume you mean a 120 that got 59 or less levels on taming), but the actual stats.  If is a 120 kibble tame with high food and weight, or levels lost to speed, it will have a harder time, since Health and Melee are what you want for this(and the higher both are at tame, the more points you get for each level up).

Archived