Fan Dossier: Diprotodon

FaneBlackwing

I've decided to start doing my dossiers separately, and here's the first one! Diprotodon!

COMMON NAME: Diprotodon

SPECIES: Diprotodon Cybelus

TIME: Pleistocene

DIET: Herbivore

TEMPERAMENT: Friendly unless provoked in herds/Skittish when alone.

Wild: Diprotodon Cybelus is one of the friendliest creatures on the island. They roam in small herds and constantly eat, this would prove dangerous to the other herbivores on the island, however, Diprotodon's feces are rich in nutrients for the plant life, causing a speed up in plant growth. For some strange reason, they graze mostly on narcoberries and stimberries. I wonder if this is why they are constantly eating? Like the Procoptodon and Thylacoleo, Diprotodon is a marsupial and thus has a pouch. When roaming in herds, they won't hesitate to protect themselves and each other, however, when alone Diprotodon are extremely skittish and run from any danger. Their fur is thick and their skin is even thicker, due to this, they seem outright immune to most melee damage and arrows specifically. I've only been able to take one down using advanced weaponry.

Domesticated: While it's hard to subdue a Diprotodon due to it's resistance to certain weapons, using a Longneck Rifle with Tranq Darts seems to be the best way to knock one into unconsciousness. A tamed Diprotodon is best used as a farming aid. Their feces are nutrient rich and boost the growth speed of crops and can even be used as a Re-Fertilizer substitute. Their pouches are too small to hold a human, but they can hold small creatures like Dodos or Mesopithecus. When harvesting plants, Diprotodon gathers mostly Stimberries and Narcoberries. So they're great at harvesting materials for both Narcotics and Stimulants!

Notes: So, I like the idea of Diprotodon, it doesn't really look like a wombat due to how large it is, so I think that including it wouldn't make many people upset. Also, certain marsupials eat constantly and their food almost goes... right through them. So I thought that incorporating that into the Diprotodon would be cool, as it would be a dual acting fertilizer/re-fertilizer. Their thick fur and skin would make them a very good war tank if the opposing tribe isn't suited up with guns or other advanced weapons. Their pouch would be a nice way to transport the smaller creatures. I think it would be capable of transporting: Dodos, Compys, Mesopithecus, and possibly Dung Beetles. (Not sure what else is small enough) Their saddle could further expand on this and have little slots on the sides that allow for someone to put the smaller creatures inside. This would be a very effective way to transport small creatures around, and could possibly allow Mesopithecus to throw their feces while inside the slots, so they can act as little warring monkeys. However, due to their rather low health, even though they resist most primitive weapon damage, (Probably stops resisting at Crossbow? Allows primitive players to knock them out and tame them easily.) most people would use them as farming aids. Their feces could not only boost crop growth, but also increase the speed in which crops yield fruit/vegetables.

Let me know what you think! ;)

14 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I've decided to start doing my dossiers separately, and here's the first one! Diprotodon!

COMMON NAME: Diprotodon

SPECIES: Diprotodon Cybelus

TIME: Pleistocene

DIET: Herbivore

TEMPERAMENT: Friendly unless provoked in herds/Skittish when alone.

Wild: Diprotodon Cybelus is one of the friendliest creatures on the island. They roam in small herds and constantly eat, this would prove dangerous to the other herbivores on the island, however, Diprotodon's feces are rich in nutrients for the plant life, causing a speed up in plant growth. For some strange reason, they graze mostly on narcoberries and stimberries. I wonder if this is why they are constantly eating? Like the Procoptodon and Thylacoleo, Diprotodon is a marsupial and thus has a pouch. When roaming in herds, they won't hesitate to protect themselves and each other, however, when alone Diprotodon are extremely skittish and run from any danger. Their fur is thick and their skin is even thicker, due to this, they seem outright immune to most melee damage and arrows specifically. I've only been able to take one down using advanced weaponry.

Domesticated: While it's hard to subdue a Diprotodon due to it's resistance to certain weapons, using a Longneck Rifle with Tranq Darts seems to be the best way to knock one into unconsciousness. A tamed Diprotodon is best used as a farming aid. Their feces are nutrient rich and boost the growth speed of crops and can even be used as a Re-Fertilizer substitute. Their pouches are too small to hold a human, but they can hold small creatures like Dodos or Mesopithecus. When harvesting plants, Diprotodon gathers mostly Stimberries and Narcoberries. So they're great at harvesting materials for both Narcotics and Stimulants!

Notes: So, I like the idea of Diprotodon, it doesn't really look like a wombat due to how large it is, so I think that including it wouldn't make many people upset. Also, certain marsupials eat constantly and their food almost goes... right through them. So I thought that incorporating that into the Diprotodon would be cool, as it would be a dual acting fertilizer/re-fertilizer. Their thick fur and skin would make them a very good war tank if the opposing tribe isn't suited up with guns or other advanced weapons. Their pouch would be a nice way to transport the smaller creatures. I think it would be capable of transporting: Dodos, Compys, Mesopithecus, and possibly Dung Beetles. (Not sure what else is small enough) Their saddle could further expand on this and have little slots on the sides that allow for someone to put the smaller creatures inside. This would be a very effective way to transport small creatures around, and could possibly allow Mesopithecus to throw their feces while inside the slots, so they can act as little warring monkeys. However, due to their rather low health, even though they resist most primitive weapon damage, (Probably stops resisting at Crossbow? Allows primitive players to knock them out and tame them easily.) most people would use them as farming aids. Their feces could not only boost crop growth, but also increase the speed in which crops yield fruit/vegetables.

Let me know what you think! ;)

Since the beaver came out with a 'smithy saddle,' I like your little small animal taxi idea. Especially with dung beetles. Would be nice to have these in a greenhouse with dung beetles in its saddle pouches, collecting poop and turning it into 'extreme super amazing fertiliser' xD . Would be. Better option than Phipps which poops a lot.....even though it's supposed to be a living meat resource.

2 hours ago, Kirito said:

This is a great idea for Diprotodon! Would I be allowed to use it in my fanfict (as If I made a dossier I have no better idea... All I could possibly add is that herbivores protect them like Mosas will be protecting Ammonite), of course I'll give you credit where it is due. :) . In the chapter I am currently working on, it only makes a cameo, but later it will probably show up.

Yeah, that'd be perfectly fine with me, thanks for asking! (:

• 3 months later...
On 6 June 2016 at 1:19 AM, DahDerpasaur said:

Putting dipro poo in the dung beetle might make the best fertilizer ever, could last a week.

Diprotodon's + dung beetles in dipro's pouch =.......unlimited fertiliser......dipro and dung beetle combo + plant species X = ......super ultra defence of Plant species X....

*gasps* DIPROS SHOULD WANDER AROUND THE BASE AND REFUEL THE PLANT SPECIES X'S WITH FERTILISER!!! ERMAGHRRD AMAZING!

8 hours ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Diprotodon's + dung beetles in dipro's pouch =.......unlimited fertiliser......dipro and dung beetle combo + plant species X = ......super ultra defence of Plant species X....

*gasps* DIPROS SHOULD WANDER AROUND THE BASE AND REFUEL THE PLANT SPECIES X'S WITH FERTILISER!!! ERMAGHRRD AMAZING!

That's actually a really good idea.

SUGGEST IT NOW.

Archived