Coffee in game?

Rakkasan

We have beer in game which, unless you want your character to enjoy the misery of being mostly blind and out of stamina for a while, serves only to tame Chalicotheriums (as far as I know).

I'm not sure if there are other drinks we can make, but I was thinking that coffee is definitely missing. Maybe the devs could add coffee. Nothing but good can come from adding coffee. Lol.

It could serve as a weaker stimulant that could be made at lower levels perhaps. 

It might even be used to tame a special dino. Surely the Megalosaurus would be a great choice. Lol.

Anyway, again, however you slice it, coffee can only make the game better.

Now espresso..... Hmmm. That's another idea altogether. :)

- Rakkasan

The beer also staves off the cold for a bit... If you think that having a bit of warmth is worth the blurry vision, lack of stamina and ultimately a hangover, then beer is a good choice. 

To try to include coffee into such a realistically accurate survival game is sheer madness (I often find myself naked in unfamiliar lands, surrounded by strange creatures - I come from Glasgow, where you haven’t really lived if you can’t say that)!!  Sure, I love coffee.  I’m main-lining it ask i type,  I chose an espresso machine over a PS4 when they first came out.  My children are called Arabica and Hounduras Single Origin.  I have been awake since 1995.  If the devs added coffee then all I would have is a 4x4 hut with a coffee machine inside.  No dinos.  No artefacts. Lots of coffee.... and a circular rut where I had been running around, high on caffeine...

In fact, I think that you are being completely selfish to me with your request.  Bloomin coffee....grumble grumble..... ?

A Scotsman (Scots...uh...woman?). Awesome. And a sense of humor at that. Most excellent! Hilarious actually. 

When you started naming your kids and talking about being awake since 1995? I lost it! Good stuff.

And of course, since you spoke of the utter ruin that would descend on your digital life in game at the introduction of coffee....

I will work all the harder to bring it to pass! Muhahahahahaha. Ha, ha. Ha. Ha. Umm. Yeah.

Sorry. Got a bit nervous there. Saw a Scots...er.. person, grumbling. Makes me a teeny bit nervous. Yeah.

13 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

A Scotsman (Scots...uh...woman?). Awesome. And a sense of humor at that. Most excellent! Hilarious actually. 

When you started naming your kids and talking about being awake since 1995? I lost it! Good stuff.

And of course, since you spoke of the utter ruin that would descend on your digital life in game at the introduction of coffee....

I will work all the harder to bring it to pass! Muhahahahahaha. Ha, ha. Ha. Ha. Umm. Yeah.

Sorry. Got a bit nervous there. Saw a Scots...er.. person, grumbling. Makes me a teeny bit nervous. Yeah.

I am, in fact, a Scotsman.  However,  given today’s current climate regarding people’s sexual identity, equality and gender classification, I am a Scotsperson.  I identify as being a heterosexual man trapped in a heterosexual males body, have a wife and kids but sometimes fantasise about being a single, heterosexual man trapped in an ark type facility with strange and bizarre creatures as my only companions. My fantasy doesn’t include caffeine though.  

Your anxious fear of a grumbling scot is well founded too.  I was thinking about kinda stabbing you a wee bit (just after I’ve said “kin yer ma sew pal? Well teller tae stitch this!”) and taking your wallet after your selfishness, but I couldn’t find a long enough knife. Think yourself lucky. ???? ?

Great big confession. Poor American lad always wanted to be Scottish, or at least of Scotch descent.

Fact is, having been somewhat illegally adopted (long story) in 1970, I have no idea who my birth parents are. Could be that I have Scottish blood. Even a lot. Rumor is that my original first name was Byron (now Brian). I'll likely never know in this life. My middle name is indeed Scott, and I went to Highland elementary school.

Grew up in a city with a great deal of Scottish origin/roots/whatever. 

John Knox was one of the greatest preachers ever.

Studied the history of Scotland.

I dinna ken fer certain but its possible I pull off a great Scottish accent. I think so. And I know the difference between a Scottish and an Irish accent, which I think most Americans don't.

I know that the saltire is the same thing as St. Andrew's cross.

And a few other things.

Just wish you Scots hadn't invented golf. Big stain on your history. Lol. Jk.

There now. We're friends. So since I see you putting down that ugly dirk, I'll lay down my M-4, and we can both live long, happy, productive lives? :)

5 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

Great big confession. Poor American lad always wanted to be Scottish, or at least of Scotch descent.

Fact is, having been somewhat illegally adopted (long story) in 1970, I have no idea who my birth parents are. Could be that I have Scottish blood. Even a lot. Rumor is that my original first name was Byron (now Brian). I'll likely never know in this life. My middle name is indeed Scott, and I went to Highland elementary school.

Grew up in a city with a great deal of Scottish origin/roots/whatever. 

John Knox was one of the greatest preachers ever.

Studied the history of Scotland.

I dinna ken fer certain but its possible I pull off a great Scottish accent. I think so. And I know the difference between a Scottish and an Irish accent, which I think most Americans don't.

I know that the saltire is the same thing as St. Andrew's cross.

And a few other things.

Just wish you Scots hadn't invented golf. Big stain on your history. Lol. Jk.

There now. We're friends. So since I see you putting down that ugly dirk, I'll lay down my M-4, and we can both live long, happy, productive lives? :)

There is no other test that would solidify your pict ancestry than finding a carbonated drink (soda) called Irn-Bru; It CANNOT be Iron-brew.  Anyway, find a can or more preferably a glass bottle and drink.  If you think that it is the best liquid that has every entered your body then you truly are of Scots descent.  If it tastes a bit weird, then unfortunately you are of English ilk. Sorry if it’s the latter... that would suck major donkey spheres.

Archived