Mutations and level do not seem right...

Xenithar

one year and 6-7 50+ stats on rexes?
thats like getting jackpot 6 times in a row
ur saying that it shows how "rare" it is... wich is kinda insane

cuz it shows how usual it is on ur server
atleast compared to official where it takes a year taming sometimes to get it on 2 stats 
still wondering about how the mutation can be increase the lvl that much o.O  (worth kinda 16 mutations btw)
and how u could get uneven numbers when it was a even stat aswell (60hp-71hp 
49dmg-70dmg) 

• 7 months later...

okay simplified breeding (still a fairly long explanation):

find the dinos with the highest possible stat for each of the stats after tame (create 6 lines no need to include speed as it has no overall effect except for levels).

the best advice for this part i can give is tame each of the highest levels you can find you can and just hope the levels drop into the stat your looking for (don't be afraid to use them as fodder for boss fights or just kill them if they don't drop how you need them to), so this part could take you a good amount of time to find and tame the dino's with the type of stat levels your looking for.

breed the dinos with the highest stat in each into a single mega dino line with all the highest stats on a single male dino with no mutations (try and get a female as well to mate with the male) you can go far beyond the initial levels that you started with, say you use perfect 150 kibble tames at 224 for standard starter dinos you could be looking at around level 280-300 or more with ease depending on what the stat levels are after tame (personally i go for around 50 levels in each stat that i'm looking for after tame minimum my tek rex's are beastly with around 65-75 levels dropped in health stamina and melee stats).

then breed multiple females of the same level from that mega male to mate with any future male (at this point there should be NO mutations in either male or female line try and you should also make sure that the male and females are matching colors also as this should prevent too many color variations so you can spot stat mutations by any color mutation) using non mutated females will also throttle the mutations count as they are counted as an overall mutations from both male and female sides (so say male has 3 mutations and female ends up with 1 but you want that mutation on the male the mutations count for the next generation would read more for each breeding more or less doubling for each breeding).

you can then breed those mega females with your mega male untill you get a mutation on the male side (again create 6 separate male lines for each stat mutation and breed the mutated stat only on the line you breeding so health mutation on a health mutation for the x2 stat line and so on until you reach a x20 for that stat).

after that you can then breed each mutation up to x20 mutation in a single stat for each single stat mutation line (if you can,  this part will take the longest amount of time while breeding as it takes a lot of luck with a 2.5% mutation chance and then hope it drops on a male and then hope it drops on the correct stat to go with it).

then once you have x20 with each stat line you would then breed those fully mutated lines into each other to get x20 of each mutation into a single line just like you did for the mega line (this gives you super line dinos with each stat having been mutated 20 times) again assuming perfect tames from original 150 dinos you could be talking around level 520 not including a x20 mutated invisible speed stat as  you would gain levels from the tame and the stat breeding and 40 levels for each x20 single stat mutation (240 possible levels maximum).

at this point no further stat mutations would not be possible after this (not sure about color mutations but would be unlikely as these mutations are linked to stat mutations) as the mutations counter would be added to the female line to breed it into a super dino line giving it would read 120/20 for both sides at least for all 6 lines in 1.

This was a dead thread. Also, I am well beyond that now. I am currently hatching level 603 rexes with somewhere near max levels in health (around 253-255) and about 180 in damage. Also got some mutations into weight and stamina. I know how to breed and clean stats, as well as stack mutations. Currently they have almost 300 mutations on the mother's side and none on the father's side.

17 hours ago, leebeastkleeiller said:

okay simplified breeding (still a fairly long explanation):

Thanks for this, I understood breeding and was just cruising the forums, but your explanation is by far the most accurate and easy to understand. Its insane how much bad info is out there on breeding. 10/10!!!

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

This was a dead thread. Also, I am well beyond that now. I am currently hatching level 603 rexes with somewhere near max levels in health (around 253-255) and about 180 in damage. Also got some mutations into weight and stamina. I know how to breed and clean stats, as well as stack mutations. Currently they have almost 300 mutations on the mother's side and none on the father's side.

300 mutations? I thought it was only 20 max.

No, you can get more. As long as one side has less than 20 mutations you can get more. This is why I only bred mutated females with my level 5 male cleaner. All of the children had mutations on the mother's side, NONE on the father's side. This allows for more and more mutations. Just keep stacking them to one side. In other words, do NOT breed a mutated male!

I just attached an image of one of my rexes. It is maxed out at level 676 and I spliced images of the stats and mutations together. As you can see, 278 mutations on the female side, none on the male side.

Mutations.jpg

Archived