Is there any effective way to prevent offline raiding?

Soulgure

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Using Conan as an example of good PVP is a very bad idea. In that game players put all theur best loot on their bodies and log out when they get raided. The body disappears upon logout making it pointless to raid. Then there is the issue of players building on giant pillars where the only way to raid them is with gods or building a giant tower next to it since siege weapons don't reach that far., Even individual combat is boring always boiling down to who has the better high stat weapons/armor where as in ARK at least you still stand a reasonable chance to beat someone with better gear.

Conan is overall a terrible PVP game.

Though your comments about conan are correct in no way am i comparing the two. The offline raiding feature is the only thing i am referring to so the rest of your post is irrelevant and my point still stands, 8 hour raid window is perfect. 24 hours raid window is bad for the game IMO

1 hour ago, Ronson12 said:

Though your comments about conan are correct in no way am i comparing the two. The offline raiding feature is the only thing i am referring to so the rest of your post is irrelevant and my point still stands, 8 hour raid window is perfect. 24 hours raid window is bad for the game IMO

The problem with 8 hour windows is it disadvantages players that work different shifts. Someone that works nightshift would probably never be able to do any PVP on such a server.  Furthermore given that there are no region locks and players from all over the world in different time zones currently play this game together it would not work at all on Official servers.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I've been in 3 mega tribes over the years and I know how it works. Most of them will try and recruit you with promises of PVP but they really just intend to turn you into another worker. In these large tribes typically the base building/farming jobs always went to the newest recruits, the worst PVPers and the PVE players in the tribe and unless you were a bit forceful with the leadership it was easy to end up spending your days gathering thatch.

In each of the mega tribes that we joined I had it as part of our joining contract an agreement that we were there strictly for PVP purposes and that we would farm our own weapons/explosives to do PVP. Two of those tribes eventually tried to make us into generic farmers for them almost upon joining and as a result we ended up basically doing our own thing and pretty much acted as a separate tribe almost.

The third tribe though honoured our agreement. They were a large Asian Tribe called Hong Xing that controlled several servers.. They were trying to invade/take over the server we were currently playing on and were having difficulty in a war against the current alpha tribe called Dolphin Club. They had formed a sub tribe called Heaven which so the story goes was their Warrior Branch and which now was being used to take over this server - OC 133.

The timing of all this quite fortunate to us because ironically this other tribe Dolphin Club had kicked us out a week prior for "raiding too much". We'd gone around the server and wiped a whole bunch of tribes one day and supposedly that was against tribe rules. So with our reputation cemented we went and joined their enemy the Chinese who needed proven killers to help them in their fight. Less then a week later we wiped the base of Dolphin Club and they quit the server for good.

I know a lot players on here say a lot of bad stuff about the Chinese players but one thing I have found with them is they are reliable. You can count on them to not mess you around. In my time in this Chinese tribe it truly was PVP paradise  at least as far as one could have it within a large mega tribe. They had their army of workers tending to the fields while we went around server hopping blowing the crap of bases and tribes and returning with scores of ascendant BPs which they very much loved. The only farming I ever had to do was for C4 and ingots for new guns. They stuck to their word which is more then I can say for the other two tribes.

Excellent text ... very good story.

My PVP experience began in a medium-sized tribe, we were 14 players. At first it was interesting, everyone working to build a base that could be defended. The pvp happened regularly with smaller tribes. We had the alpha tribe's permission from the server (M.E.R.C.O.S.U.L) to develop us, to the limit.

But one day our server was attacked, and we could not defend our base. The server was full 70/70. It was the Apocalypse. Only 2 players were able to get online.

After that, I played pvp solo because my friends gave up pvp. In solo mode I did not last long. I acted like a nomad, changing because I always suffered raid.

Finally, I entered a mega tribe. I was just a worker, I did not enjoy it. It was a bad experience.

After that I went 100% for the PVE. It was in this game module that I started to really enjoy myself. I learned to play Ark in the smallest details. Today I am among the 5 strongest players on my server.

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I've been in 3 mega tribes over the years and I know how it works. Most of them will try and recruit you with promises of PVP but they really just intend to turn you into another worker. In these large tribes typically the base building/farming jobs always went to the newest recruits, the worst PVPers and the PVE players in the tribe and unless you were a bit forceful with the leadership it was easy to end up spending your days gathering thatch.

In each of the mega tribes that we joined I had it as part of our joining contract an agreement that we were there strictly for PVP purposes and that we would farm our own weapons/explosives to do PVP. Two of those tribes eventually tried to make us into generic farmers for them almost upon joining and as a result we ended up basically doing our own thing and pretty much acted as a separate tribe almost.

The third tribe though honoured our agreement. They were a large Asian Tribe called Hong Xing that controlled several servers.. They were trying to invade/take over the server we were currently playing on and were having difficulty in a war against the current alpha tribe called Dolphin Club. They had formed a sub tribe called Heaven which so the story goes was their Warrior Branch and which now was being used to take over this server - OC 133.

The timing of all this quite fortunate to us because ironically this other tribe Dolphin Club had kicked us out a week prior for "raiding too much". We'd gone around the server and wiped a whole bunch of tribes one day and supposedly that was against tribe rules. So with our reputation cemented we went and joined their enemy the Chinese who needed proven killers to help them in their fight. Less then a week later we wiped the base of Dolphin Club and they quit the server for good.

I know a lot players on here say a lot of bad stuff about the Chinese players but one thing I have found with them is they are reliable. You can count on them to not mess you around. In my time in this Chinese tribe it truly was PVP paradise  at least as far as one could have it within a large mega tribe. They had their army of workers tending to the fields while we went around server hopping blowing the crap of bases and tribes and returning with scores of ascendant BPs which they very much loved. The only farming I ever had to do was for C4 and ingots for new guns. They stuck to their word which is more then I can say for the other two tribes.

It depends on the megatribe really and its possible things have changed a lot since you played on the mega scene.  With things like regular x2 weekends, base rates increased to x2, Abberation metal and poly runs etc resource farming is so much easier now than past that you have a glut of resource. I have played in Bloody marie and bldx sub tribes, and no body really asked me to farm. We had weekly goals that people were requested to contribute to, but not forced. If you felt like it you can go help someone do a wood run or meat run or whatever. As a newbie the biggest problem was actually sitting in the base bored, and actually finding something to do to help the tribe.

PVP on other hand was busy as hell, we had alliance discords that connected us to all the action happening anywhere in Ark. Any given day there was griefs, FOBs, defenses happening, and real problem was having to choose where you wanna go PVP today ! Weekends are particularly intense with all the invasions and wars going on.

Official PVP big tribe scene has never been better if you ask me, I heartily recommend you make a comeback and give it a try again.

I am on Xbox and found ORP servers, it's about time. They are good constant population but there are only 5 of them, I think? 

It's such a relief to log in to your entire base still intact. The threat is still very real because if you are online for 12 hours, then you can be raided in those 12 hours.

Going to work for another 12 hours and then coming back to find everything taken/blown up is depressing. PvE is full of crap but ORP servers have the best balance. You can definitely still raid people, but that server is mostly for people who want fair play and those who do not have unlimited hours to play. 

Raiders have a very easy job, compared to defenders. 

10 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

What almighty pearl cave we talking about here? 

We are talking about the Pearlcave on Center in the North of Lavailand. I just checked the Triblog they died 7 more times XD.

But its true our Heavys are down to 182 of 200 Bullests. If they keep doing this 144 Times they are in but then they will waste more recources and time then it took to build the Cave haha. 

Anyone knows a good spot on Aberration to“ not get offlined?“

10 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

It depends on the megatribe really and its possible things have changed a lot since you played on the mega scene.  With things like regular x2 weekends, base rates increased to x2, Abberation metal and poly runs etc resource farming is so much easier now than past that you have a glut of resource. I have played in Bloody marie and bldx sub tribes, and no body really asked me to farm. We had weekly goals that people were requested to contribute to, but not forced. If you felt like it you can go help someone do a wood run or meat run or whatever. As a newbie the biggest problem was actually sitting in the base bored, and actually finding something to do to help the tribe.

PVP on other hand was busy as hell, we had alliance discords that connected us to all the action happening anywhere in Ark. Any given day there was griefs, FOBs, defenses happening, and real problem was having to choose where you wanna go PVP today ! Weekends are particularly intense with all the invasions and wars going on.

Official PVP big tribe scene has never been better if you ask me, I heartily recommend you make a comeback and give it a try again.

Ah Bloody Marie they are a fun bunch. I was with them on Aberration 325 for 2 months. I play Small Tribe servers these days, I find it more enjoyable. I like the freedom to attack anyone I want, that was one of the problems I had being in an mega is that there are so many alliances that you really lose a lot of choice and freedom when it comes to PVP.

No turret setup alone is impervious. Trikes are considered meta simply because they're an efficient tame- cheap saddles, good mitigation, easy tames, quick breeding times etc. If you think your pillar base with heavies is unraidable you just haven't met the right Quetz + Rock Golem setup. If your base can be reached with a Rock Golem, there's a 0% chance you survive someone soaking while your tribe is offline.

The real answer is to be part of a community that has enough members to defend your base online at all times.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2018 at 10:01 AM, vonluckner said:

No turret setup alone is impervious. Trikes are considered meta simply because they're an efficient tame- cheap saddles, good mitigation, easy tames, quick breeding times etc. If you think your pillar base with heavies is unraidable you just haven't met the right Quetz + Rock Golem setup. If your base can be reached with a Rock Golem, there's a 0% chance you survive someone soaking while your tribe is offline.

The real answer is to be part of a community that has enough members to defend your base online at all times.

Build in a Cave or on Aberration. They can still soak with Drackes ... Center has the best Caves but is easy to undermesh.

Defending against a Quetz is easy but you need to be online. No Base is unraidable and this makes Ark awsome and Cancer at the same Time. 

I hope the Devs fix the Game Popcorning and Offlining should not be Part of the Game it could be so much more fun.

Archived