Small Tribes Experience

Moon78

I have to say I am loving small tribes, its a lot of fun, no allies and 3 x gathering have made ark a lot less grind giving more time to pvp and explore or cave run etc etc etc. I am in heaven.

I do want to point out though that it immediately became an offline raid heaven/nightmare. With only 6 people allowed in a tribe either you have 6 people who take shifts and for most there would be little overlap of tribemates or you have 6 friends who play at the same time and have a large amount of time with no one on....

Maybe a solution would be to allow more members but only 6 on at a time?

I like that with only 6 members its keeping builds smaller, and keeping an even ground where only skill and assets are the difference in pvp but I do feel bad for those who are off lined non stop so that their group of friends can play at the same time or those who are basically solo so they can have shifts guarding their tribe with others from different time zones.

I think a little more prevention for teaming is needed though as we see many attempts to team on tribes and only some are ever dealt with.

Again I am LOVING playing with so much less grinding I have done so many ark things I never had time to do before!

I'd love to see them implement a sort of ORP where it's possible to offline raid, but when a tribe goes offline say after 15 minutes damage to structures goes to around 10% as opposed to the full 100% damage when they are online.

We tried this kind of approach on a dedi Nitrado server except it was 10% all the time and I thought it worked quite well.  It was a serious deterant for offline raiding but didnt make it impossible.

20 hours ago, Corrigan said:

Orp should be improved on for this scenario. 

no i think conans system would be better.on there you can only raid the enemy in an 8 hour window.8 hours is more than enough for someone to raid you to be honest,no reason at all to have 24 hours of raiding window.the 8 hours is set for when everyone comes back from work to 11pm.this way if you don't log on it's your own fault and you cannot scream "offline noobs" it also creates real PVP because waiting until i go to bed isn't PVP,it aint pvp because no person is even online to vs...

P.s this would also stop people building huge bases to protect brontos and gigas etc.

Archived