If any ark gm sees this id like to give free feedback to improve the game qualit

Jigsaw1291

This may sound weird and I kind of assume that wildcard employees likely wont see this but id like to offer some advice for free to improve the game. I have 2.5k hrs on official pvp servers exclusively. This game is awesome but there are a few things that would probably really please the community and likely arent hard to implement. If you agreed to join me on a discord I would prepare demonstartions on singleplayer and make and demonstrate a few points that need improvement. This likely wouldnt take more then a hour of your precious time and if u dislike it youre free to just leave at any time. Just thought id at least try it.

Sure. My main suggestions would be a server queue and a nerf of flak durability. Especially the latter one would be very easy to demonstrate. Id like to show how the too strong flak encourages cheesy flamethrower pvp. Id like to show them glitchy things like being able to hit dino riders with a flamethrower and other cheesy things. I dont think that my opinion is woth more than any of yours. I just think that I have the time and id like to help this game. 

Again its not my goal to change the game in a way I want it. I just think that I have seen a few things and that maybe a veteran ark player might be able to point out and demonstrate a few flaws in the game that plague all of us. I just think that if I could demonstrate it while talking to a ark gm it might be clearer why this is a problem in my opinion. And if they think that all im saying is useless rubbish they r free to leave and insult me. I have tried suggesting things they possibly could change and even made a in depht guide that got some good resonance so I hoped that I might be able to make some good points if they let me (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1330099507 heres the guide it got some good attention and much wanted other suggestions from the community)

33 minutes ago, Jigsaw1291 said:

Again its not my goal to change the game in a way I want it. I just think that I have seen a few things and that maybe a veteran ark player might be able to point out and demonstrate a few flaws in the game that plague all of us. I just think that if I could demonstrate it while talking to a ark gm it might be clearer why this is a problem in my opinion. And if they think that all im saying is useless rubbish they r free to leave and insult me. I have tried suggesting things they possibly could change and even made a in depht guide that got some good resonance so I hoped that I might be able to make some good points if they let me (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1330099507 heres the guide it got some good attention and much wanted other suggestions from the community)

I like your guide it has some valid points in it. You should repost this in game suggestions ?

Here we go again with the nerfs, nothing needs to be nerfed, get better flak and you won't have a problem. I saw a post before about removing the ability to level movement speed and to nerf griffins again! Feel greatful you get ground PvP all i get is literally a "who can pick who first" I'm sure WC are happy you're giving this advice for free though.

17 hours ago, Vengecide said:
8 hours ago, TimeForHavocYT said:

Here we go again with the nerfs, nothing needs to be nerfed, get better flak and you won't have a problem. I saw a post before about removing the ability to level movement speed and to nerf griffins again! Feel greatful you get ground PvP all i get is literally a "who can pick who first" I'm sure WC are happy you're giving this advice for free though.

Thats exactly why id like to demonstrate those things. I do have good flak bps its just not fun when damage from guns gets almost fully absorbed and u lose very little dura each hit, while armor ignoring weapons like flamethrowers kill in 2 hits, or 3 if u spam med brews. I have nothing to do with those movement speed/nerf griffins posts so I dont know why youd wanna connect me to those. Neither of those are points id like to make and sometimes nerfs actually do lead to better gameplay or do you still want turret quetzals and 80k hp tamed gigas? I literally had fights that went on for hours in caves with neither members of both sides dying. If you cant bring in theris or megalos and neither side has flamethrowers literally nothing will hapen. Too strong bolas are easily countered by your teammate whiping you, grappling hooks dont work because ppl will encumber themselves or just use hatchets and because flak is too strong u can Headshot someone with a 280 shotgun 4x and theyll just put on a new helmet. It would be allright if they didnt have capped weapon damage before (not criticizing that, 1 hit raging tamed gigas with 700% compunds was too cheesy)but left armor durability unchanged. Right now your unnerfed (the little armor nerf is irrelevant because above 120 armor its really just dura that matters) armor bps in any relevantly progressed tribe will be far better then the capped weapon bps which leads to having useless guns. Right now in any major fight guns are only really usefull against flyers and if u bola someone and he has no friend nearby. 

Stating that in general NOTHING needs to be nerfed is pretty ignorant. 

Im also not sure why almost all of your pvp mainly consists of flyer fights. Thats usually something you have when u go to another server to grief someone or are flying and a griefer attacks you. but if you rlly attack someone or get attacked it is mostly ground pvp. They cant use fliers near your fob/base turrets and even if u get grabbed your mates will shoot the flier, ull counter the grab and it lost quite a bit of hp and prolly wont try it too many more times. Thats rlly just a problem if you dont attack with proper turret tower protection. Even if you go griefing on foot and I agree that the tribe your griefing will almost always try to just use fliers u just place down 2-3 heavies with batteries, kite the flier there and done (then u obvs pick em up again before they bring tank dinos). then theyll come on foot (or hide in their base having their leader yell at them how the hell they could just lose but even then u just need to tank their turrets a lil and they r coming out like ants again). So id say that getting a lot of ground pvp hasnt much to do with luck. Even without any of that support there are crazy many ways to counter fliers and they do die quickly to shotgun or compound bow fire.

Archived