What steps should i take to start my first boss fight?

Susamcik

Hello everyone. I've been playing ark like 3 or 3.5 months and that's enough farming simulation for me ? I want to learn some good tips about animal combination for bosses. I saw lots of rexes around pit. Like how many rexes or other combinations  I need and what stats they must have kinda stuff This is my first topic BTW. I searched some topics but there is lots of animal comparing. I am glad if some of experienced ones enlighten me about this.

Depends what boss you are after. It's not hard to trade for a egg or 2 to get you started off. 19 Rex's and a Yuti are very common choice of some boss fights but everyone like to play about with the Slots of the 20 you have to fill. A good Idea to alliance yourself with someone that run's the fights and get a invite to see how they run the fight. Good luck.

With the exception of the Ab boss, a Yutyrannas is required - Semi-decent saddle (50+ at least), high HP/Stamina (I prefer 15k HP/4k+ stamina)

Depending on the boss, the dinos and stats differ.

Dinos - For most all bosses, you can use Rexes (The standard), Therizinos (Tougher then Rexes due to veggie cakes, lower damage output), and Spinos (Squishier then Rexes, higher damage output). Broodmother is best done with Megatheriums, but can be done with the other 3. On Scorched Earth, you can use flyers for the Manticore, so Wyverns, Quetzals, Argents, Tapes, Pteras, ect (Though, personally, I would go with Argents or Wyverns, with Argents being my personal preference.)

The required health/damage stats varies from fight to fight and dino to dino, but I would go with 15k health, 100+ armor saddle, and 600%+ melee myself. Rexes can go a bit higher on the health, Spinos are generally a bit lower.

For gamma, we used 7 drakes and 3 megalos. Drake riders flew around shotgunning the tentacles then the others chomped on rockwells face. Beta was much smoother and we all just used Stegos with decent saddles. Spread out in front of his face and shotgunned everything down. Anyone that was being hit by a reaper just swiped at it with the stego while the rest shot it. It took us 10 mins or so for beta.

Archived