alphadino Surface Alpha Reaper King Success Tips!

Showerz

Greetings folks on SurvivetheArk,

DISCLAIMER: This is my first post here. Please forgive me if I am too closely echoing any other live threads.

Topic Header:
Can I ask for success stories from any Survivors who managed to hunt down and slay an Alpha Surface Reaper King on private servers?
This is following-up from viewing another thread on this site, 'Alpha Reaper King surface respawn rate' with respects to all other users.

Reason:
Have already conducted much research on the web, and my hunting parties still come up with nothing for the Surface Alpha Reaper King. Things we've tried:
1.) Slaying many, many King Reapers on each surface biome from different entrances, with Drakes, Ravagers, or a combination of each, with varying levels from 60-200+;
2.) Have had stare-down matches with Alpha Nameless for up to 45 minutes, as well as having them chase us around waiting for them to 'make the call', and that doesn't seem helpful
(Can I confirm these guys have a 5% chance to 'call' the Surface Alpha Reaper up?);
3.) Ensured difficulty is set to 5 and respawned all wild dinos, didn't seem to increase chances.

Please feel at liberty to post replies containing any awesome campfire tales & successful hunting encounters with the Surface Alpha Reaper King!

As any other alpha spawn, they spawn where their normal version spawns (in this case, the surface), when their normal version can spawn (so, thwy won't spawn if there's no room for more reapers in that biome).

About the Nameless spawning them, i never saw them spawning an alpha. Truth be told, that doesn't mean they can't spawn because of the nameless.

Experience from a singleplayer, modless, player.

10 hours ago, Dazaroc said:

As any other alpha spawn, they spawn where their normal version spawns (in this case, the surface), when their normal version can spawn (so, thwy won't spawn if there's no room for more reapers in that biome).

About the Nameless spawning them, i never saw them spawning an alpha. Truth be told, that doesn't mean they can't spawn because of the nameless.

Experience from a singleplayer, modless, player.

Nameless spawns "Subterranean" Reaper King, and the Alpha is a "Surface" Reaper king, so they will never spawn an alpha, else it would be grief-danger.

17 hours ago, Markdh31788 said:

The issue with alpha reapers is if ones on the map there won’t be another till it’s killed which means you have to scout all of each surface area 

Its infuriating for this, truth be told. You won't have enough time to check for all 3 surface, even at 90% Night. Their movement aren't like Deathworm either (i.e: no alpha glow underground), so you have to force them out to tell if the Reaper King is an alpha.

Archived