Most Underrated Dino

RabbitRidge

10 hours ago, jcekstro said:

Huh? Their base damage is 10, one of the lowest in the game. Their base health is basically non-existent and they have no saddle for defense. They are adorable, but the only thing they are underrated for is their ability to carry artifacts.

What I forgot to mention is that I meant insulation wise, one (heavily mutated) kept me alive in the murder murder snow of ragnarok with primitive fur.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone saying bary or dire bear... They're not underrated necessarily. Most people would recommend a bary for the caves and bears for a strong land mount. Their value is no surprise. 

A diplocaulus for early game pearls, on the island especially, IS underrated. Easy to tame, early scuba tank, decent speed in water. Just have to not get in fights, but can increase pearl gathering yields when trying to get those precious electronics early on. 

7 minutes ago, AnAncientOrder said:

Everyone saying bary or dire bear... They're not underrated necessarily. Most people would recommend a bary for the caves and bears for a strong land mount. Their value is no surprise. 

A diplocaulus for early game pearls, on the island especially, IS underrated. Easy to tame, early scuba tank, decent speed in water. Just have to not get in fights, but can increase pearl gathering yields when trying to get those precious electronics early on. 

Ill admit thats one i have never tamed. Youve changed my mind. How would a low level get one though? Arent they in swamps?

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ill admit thats one i have never tamed. Youve changed my mind. How would a low level get one though? Arent they in swamps?

They are, plus they're usually getting eaten by everything in there. They're the only swamp creature that draws aggro from other swamp creatures. If you find one that's not dead.. a ptera can pick them up unless they changed that. Have a couple dodo kibble, tame a ptera, pick and run. 

For pve, my guess is you have to build a small taming pen. Maybe use rare flowers or honey to lead it in? Not as easy I'd imagine because idk if you can grapple hook them, but they do have a low drag weight so maybe. 

Archived