How to get Karkinos unstuck from floating animation

FallenSkyy

So i've somehow managed to have this happen twice now in separate areas. The karkinos jumps/falls into a gap/hole that his legs cant fit in and gets stuck in suspended animation "floating". When this happens he cant move or turn or jump. 

So i tried numerous things and finally found a solution. This should work as long as you have another dino that's the same size or larger. You have to be able to hold a weapon while mounted though. Shoot your stuck Karkinos's saddle with a grappling hook, unreal it and run back to your other dino to mount. Once mounted, start reeling in/moving backwards. You may have to play with the angles a bit but it's worked for both of mine. Test and let me know if it works!!

1 hour ago, FallenSkyy said:

FYI, this solution does not work if your karkinos is stuck under or into the ground (Commonly in the rock drake trench area). This will only work if the body is floating/hovering.

In this situation a whip helped me out greatly (unofficial with s+, had to use the s+ grinder to make silk to craft the whip).

Unfortunately, whips do not exist on official aberration, when they clearly should, even if it is just for un-sticking crabs, drakes and ravagers, i had my ravager stuck between another tribes drake and my own wall  yesterday because the player thought it was a 'safe area' to afk in, right where i built a ramp out over my wall :/

Archived