Icthyornis needs to be nerfed!!!!!

MrPuffinStuff

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

a solution is having a turret inside ur pen/base.. this would solve the problem...yes i know they can get inside ur building if its on the beach sure.... but then i tame those i find that have gotten in door. bunch of other soultions to use/try instead of just asking for a nerf.. cmom ...seriously?

Yes i'm sure someone building a thatch base would have turrets... come on think about what you are saying.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes i'm sure someone building a thatch base would have turrets... come on think about what you are saying.

why isnt it possible to have turrets inside a thatch base (temp taming building)... u can place them then pick them up when ur done... run power to the building or have a generator.

ur just encouraging people's learned helplessness behavior enstead of trying to empower them.

53 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

the turret as you suggested could work, but then you have to carry a generator, cables, gasoline, bulletes and everything just to have a safe tame
isn't that taking it to the extreme?

depends on what ur taming a lvl 30 parasaur maybe, but maybe not for a high lvl rex

but u can also keep the builds and consider it a future investmest for future tames or a safe communty taming building against these stealing seagulls.. who knows 

or build your base to incorporate a taming pen?

on my ground floor I have a internal dino tek gate and stone external hooked up to a keypad, taming in the comfort of my own base

the same with my flyer pen/trap on my upper floor, wild flowers, easy taming, the hardest part is kiting the creatures...so not too difficult in all honesty

I'm just about to try out a wyvern trap built onto the side of my base on rag but I can honestly say that it also location location location.

Guest DJRone89

My first thoughts on this topic are obviously wrong as the comments progressed, but are we all happy in saying that it’s the thief mechanic that’s broken, causing the ability to attack through structures?

If we have established that this is indeed the issue at hand, then it doesn’t matter what you do to protect your tames because you can’t prevent it.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

My first thoughts on this topic are obviously wrong as the comments progressed, but are we all happy in saying that it’s the thief mechanic that’s broken, causing the ability to attack through structures?

If we have established that this is indeed the issue at hand, then it doesn’t matter what you do to protect your tames because you can’t prevent it.

I suppose you could stand guard outside the pen with a Dimorph or two,  and kite any approaching icthy's away to their death.

8 hours ago, MrGerard said:

So you are saying he should have a generator, fuel, electric cable, connector box, turret, ammo, stone walls and ceilings and spikes with him if he is going out taming.!

Really hope an ichy doesn't find you on your way there and steal your turrets ext.

Im not to bothered with the pego, because you can get your stuff back after murdering him. but the ichty destroys everything it steals.

exactly

also if you are unlucky and there is a big base nearby which reached the turret limit (100/100) and your tame lies within the 10.000 unit radius then you can't even put down a turret.

not that pve server actually needs that many turrets. but you have to take everything in account

7 hours ago, Woodsman said:

depends on what ur taming a lvl 30 parasaur maybe, but maybe not for a high lvl rex

but u can also keep the builds and consider it a future investmest for future tames or a safe communty taming building against these stealing seagulls.. who knows 

i would rather advise taming rafts then, they do not claim land, and you can move them wherever you want
there are some good designs in youtube.
the leeds could be a party-pooper but they do not spawn that often, and you can leave your taming raft at the shore.
can unlock the gates so it becomes a community taming building, without again claiming land so bob and his 12 server mates don't need their own building, each

Archived