Ark Suggestions!!

Auzy4554

10 hours ago, Auzy4554 said:
10 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:
Lol... 8 hours a long time? I don't think I've ever had a session run less than 5 hours in Ark.
Griffin is a great idea, so it's anything else you want to accomplish... Just have fun! emoji6.png

Lol yeah I realize that's not very long for other people, but since I have a very busy life it is for me!

Yeah, I hear that. I have to schedule my ARK time because it's so time consuming. It's def not a game you can just squeeze and hour in after work on. Wish it was. Lol.

10 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Yeah, I hear that. I have to schedule my ARK time because it's so time consuming. It's def not a game you can just squeeze and hour in after work on. Wish it was. Lol.

I can't imagine having a family/ young kids and trying to play this game on a server. Too much time sink.

Luckily (or sadly?) I don't have these commitments, so other than a 40+ hour job and 3 total hours of commuting each day, I can pretty much play whenever I want.  But I still refuse to spend days raising dinos on official. No way. People need sleep, and do get away from the screen on occasion. I can't imagine raising Gigas/Wyverns with the defaultWC time sink.

I can't imagine having a family/ young kids and trying to play this game on a server. Too much time sink.
Luckily (or sadly?) I don't have these commitments, so other than a 40+ hour job and 3 total hours of commuting each day, I can pretty much play whenever I want.  But I still refuse to spend days raising dinos on official. No way. People need sleep, and do get away from the screen on occasion. I can't imagine raising Gigas/Wyverns with the defaultWC time sink.
Yeah tell me about it lol

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

This is why I run my own servers. When ARK first started my group was full on obsessed. Thing is we're all older with wifes, kids, busy careers etc. 6 months in everyone burned out and quit.

I didn't. Instead I started my own servers and played with settings till I balanced things to for our lifestyles. No decay timers, boosted rates, boosted taming. Each resource even had it's own multiplier. That way stuff like metal that you use tons of, you can grind for 2-3 hours and you're good for months. Amarberries however, you get nothing.

1 hour ago, Auzy4554 said:

My new Griffin!!3f9c9692c942e54dfbcdc591b04ce02e.jpg

awesome! tell us about it some.

what method did you use to tame it? what level was it tamed at? what did you use to feed it? how did you gather the food? what is the effectiveness? any good stats that you can notice?

sorry i'm just super curious lol :D i love griffins, super proud of you

awesome! tell us about it some.
what method did you use to tame it? what level was it tamed at? what did you use to feed it? how did you gather the food? what is the effectiveness? any good stats that you can notice?
sorry i'm just super curious lol [emoji3] i love griffins, super proud of you
[emoji23] lol well this is kind of embarrassing but I was going to tame one and the alpha tribe was being too nice and they insisted they give me one. I wanted to tame my own but they wouldn't stop persisting. I suppose it's good to have an alpha tribe be that nice to you, but maybe it's a little too good lol

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

This is why I run my own servers. When ARK first started my group was full on obsessed. Thing is we're all older with wifes, kids, busy careers etc. 6 months in everyone burned out and quit.

I didn't. Instead I started my own servers and played with settings till I balanced things to for our lifestyles. No decay timers, boosted rates, boosted taming. Each resource even had it's own multiplier. That way stuff like metal that you use tons of, you can grind for 2-3 hours and you're good for months. Amarberries however, you get nothing.

But that is the only thing my survivor eats! :P

Archived