Dino Level Cap, destroyed my Love for breeding.

Apc7th

On 9/27/2017 at 1:02 PM, Apc7th said:

Before i hunted dinosaurs for any stat that will improve my dinosaurs total level. I would get happy seeing more Oxygen or any stat that i can breed into my blood lines.

But now my tribe does not want to waste time breeding any dinosaurs unless that have better Health only for plant eaters,  and Damage for meat eaters.

I got to say,  My love for breeding is crushed now.  it was such a fun part of End game for me.  Please Wild Card.   Reconsider this cap.    i don't like breeding just for HP and Dmg.

I know that cap was put in place for Legacy due to the reason we all know about.

However, has anyone yet to pop a dino at 450+ or level one to 450+ and have it disappear?

My point is, how do we know this is, in fact, the case for the new cluster of servers from release?????????

My money is that there is NOT a  cap in place for the new servers.

10 minutes ago, Palenor said:

I know that cap was put in place for Legacy due to the reason we all know about.

However, has anyone yet to pop a dino at 450+ or level one to 450+ and have it disappear?

My point is, how do we know this is, in fact, the case for the new cluster of servers from release?????????

My money is that there is NOT a  cap in place for the new servers.

How much money, and who is the bookie? I'll take the bet.

23 hours ago, Ulta said:

Okay then my guess is official has this cap, yeah. Unofficial probably doesn't though, so if OP is on official then understandable.

Unofficial peeps probably don't have to worry about this.

It's official only... However there is a part of the level code to prevent God Dino's/Players in unofficial as well.

The game cannot calculate anything over 255 levels into one stat. So if you set server difficulty too high, or allow too many level ups for tames or players and this occurs, ALL stats are reset to base level on a server restart. 

If you allow dino spawns over level 1000 you will sometimes see this stat reset happen to tames based on wild stat levels alone. 

As a way of avoiding this it is best never to allow dino spawns over 750 and limit player level ups too 255... This prevents players from triggering the stat reset.

53 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

How much money, and who is the bookie? I'll take the bet.

Lou stop picking on the easy pray. Lol. ?

Archived