Server Difficulty and Wild Dino Max Level

SoddenHalfling1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all, 

I started playing Ark on the xbox1 and I really enjoy. It is really awesome and addicting. There is one thing I am uncertain of.

I am a little confused about how the lvls work when you tame a dinosaur. Is there a max number of levels that dinosaur can level up or can it for example go from level 1 to 120 let's say. I have searched all over for the answer and have found mixed results

Many people say that tamed dinos can only level up 34 levels once they are tamed. However on the wiki it saya that it is actually 58. Does anyone know or tested out  whether or not a max level exists.

Should I spend time taming a level 60 for instance so that I can get it to level 84 then? Or does it not matter?

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Allinadayz said:

Hello all, 

I started playing Ark on the xbox1 and I really enjoy. It is really awesome and addicting. There is one thing I am uncertain of.

I am a little confused about how the lvls work when you tame a dinosaur. Is there a max number of levels that dinosaur can level up or can it for example go from level 1 to 120 let's say. I have searched all over for the answer and have found mixed results

Many people say that tamed dinos can only level up 34 levels once they are tamed. However on the wiki it saya that it is actually 58. Does anyone know or tested out  whether or not a max level exists.

Should I spend time taming a level 60 for instance so that I can get it to level 84 then? Or does it not matter?

Cheers 

took me a while to get this down...

Lets say the animal you find in the wild is a level 60.... you knock him out and start taming and the bonus level says +30.... now, assuming you dont lose any bonus levels... you dino should finish taming at level 90.... from THAT point you can gain 58 levels.  so that specific dino would max out at 148... hope this helps

Your confusion is understandable, the people who told you 34 levels to add and level 60's dino were right. but they were talking about before the last XBox patch.  Now XBox has updated the max level wild is 120 and the max manual levels you can add is 59. Be sure to check your difficulty settings if you are playing single player.

I believe the max level you could get from just taming right now would be 120 wild + 58 "free" levels from 86% taming effectiveness + 59 manual levels to add so = 237.

I think 86% is the highest taming effectiveness right now with kibble and this wiki page says 59 manual levels http://ark.gamepedia.com/Levels.

(On top of this you can breed to gain higher levels but that's a whole other story)

Your best bet to see what would be a suitable level to tame is to check a taming calculator like this one and check what food you have and how long it takes - http://ark.crumplecorn.com/taming/

Don't be scared to tame lower levels first and then work your way up to higher levels.

Archived