Tacking The Island's Caves

Jkyle37

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, rawsh said:

Terrorbirds are usefull in almost every cave, they  especially shine in the carno island cave ofcourse, but since they are decent swimmers and can deal loads of dmg, id take my caverunner into any cave,  

only real downside is the weight, take a shouldermonkey to store heavy things ;) 

Ooooh, do elaborate on the terror birbs. They are genuinely my LEAST favorite Dino, as i have died to those hateful bastards more than anything else, so I haven't played with them much, except as argent practice 

4 minutes ago, Jkyle37 said:

Ooooh, do elaborate on the terror birbs. They are genuinely my LEAST favorite Dino, as i have died to those hateful bastards more than anything else, so I haven't played with them much, except as argent practice 

the hover makes them great to move around dangerous areas like lavastreams or deadly pits, and a decent level and or breed one can easily dispatch of most cavecritters, not recommended for the hard swampcave for obvious reasons ;) 

2 minutes ago, rawsh said:

the hover makes them great to move around dangerous areas like lavastreams or deadly pits, and a decent level and or breed one can easily dispatch of most cavecritters, not recommended for the hard swampcave for obvious reasons  

What caves have hyper-leveled spawns? I ran into the swamp cave with a freshly tamed saber and was instantly murderd. I'd love it if someone had a "progression path" for caves on all 4 maps.

1 minute ago, Jkyle37 said:

What caves have hyper-leveled spawns? I ran into the swamp cave with a freshly tamed saber and was instantly murderd. I'd love it if someone had a "progression path" for caves on all 4 maps.

swampcave, the central icecave(hard icecave), and both oceancaves that are in the kelp forests,  those are the highlvl ones, 

Just now, Jkyle37 said:

3 hardest land caves are lava, swamp & Snow from easiest to hardest. The 2 water caves also have high level spawning enabled.

9 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

i'd swear we got it from every bat that bit us last night, died twice...was a complete fail (forgot about antidote/health potions/flame arrows, etc  lmao) other than getting 2 clever artifacts. we went in for megalania toxin and not a lizard to be found. didnt lose either saber tho. so ya, if in a group and someone gets rabies, dont get close to them lmao--doesnt work out well.

We should be able to bite each other to spread the rabies. Would be a fun PvP tactic. Although we'd need some kind of medicine to hold off the effects.

10 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Focal chili/mind wipe invest in speed only. Laugh as you outrun everything. Old strat I did. :D

I don't even have any points in speed. If, for instance, you're nude running through the Snow Cave you can just kite everything out of the path to the artifact and keep running in and out with them without much trouble. The only real problem was the bats because they could follow you wherever you went. Fortunately Wildcard stopped their spawning from that cave.

I'd also like to point out that vultures have the same base stats as dimorphodons. Base damage of 23. The ones on your shoulder also attack nearby animals you're fighting even while mounted. My bred vultures can go a bit over 750% melee so those animals are excellent no matter what you're doing. Any meat they harvest also lasts 4x longer in their inventory but you can't ADD anything but spoiled meat to it.

edit: I meant 4x longer than in the inventories of other dinos. So 8x longer.

2 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

We should be able to bite each other to spread the rabies. Would be a fun PvP tactic. Although we'd need some kind of medicine to hold off the effects.

I don't even have any points in speed. If, for instance, you're nude running through the Snow Cave you can just kite everything out of the path to the artifact and keep running in and out with them without much trouble. The only real problem was the bats because they could follow you wherever you went. Fortunately Wildcard stopped their spawning from that cave.

I'd also like to point out that vultures have the same base stats as dimorphodons. Base damage of 23. The ones on your shoulder also attack nearby animals you're fighting even while mounted. My bred vultures can go a bit over 750% melee so those animals are excellent no matter what you're doing. Any meat they harvest also lasts 4x longer in their inventory but you can't ADD anything but spoiled meat to it.

Still haven't gotten around to taming vultures. I've always just KOS as they are frigging annoying wild. I'll have to try breeding a pack. Thanks for the tip!

10 minutes ago, Tezza86 said:

I use a high level Saber (190+ after taming) and get him or her an ascendant saddle. I used to use dire wolves but I personally prefer Sabres now, especially after they were updated. 

That's the catch 22, i want to do dungeons so i can get ascendant BP, but i need good dinos before i go in there :S

1 minute ago, Jkyle37 said:

That's the catch 22, i want to do dungeons so i can get ascendant BP, but i need good dinos before i go in there :S

To be fair I play unofficial, so I can get ascendant gear with relative ease through certain mods(notably the upgrade station) I'm assuming you're a solo player, hence the struggle to get good dinos? 

Archived