Launch Update

Jatheish

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"if you have 4 gigas and 7 dodos 3 compys die how many do you have left?"

If you have 7 ark developers and 4 autists. a man farts on a midget which one is the retard?

snapshot_10 issues

no queue system setup despite knowing what they were going to be facing

at the very least you could have priority slots for people who have disconnected in the last(arbitrary number) 3 mins?

and then there is the 30-40 min interval on ark data uploads because they haven't been bothered to fix the issue with their server crashing instead, fair enough if it's temporary but a little heads up ye? i mean if you want information about where to get started go to youtube, so many videos there about how people are causing the crashes.

>personally don't blame the devs i blame the people forcing them to spew out half assed 'quick fixes'

2 hours ago, N33dxboxone said:

Your fix hasn't stopped the crashing.... I can't play on my own rented server. this is a big pile of crap when is this going to be fixed? If I had a physical copy of the game I would have smashed it already.

I still can't get into my paid for server either I crash every time I open the search for unofficial pc server page. I even went through the effort of buying the collectors pack even though I have owned the game for 2 years.

This is how we are currently loading our pc rented server. As these things go one persons fix might not be another persons but give it a try.  First delete the configuration file like Jat said.  Next time you open your game it will default the official server list. BEFORE switching to unofficial pc narrow down the search.  We do it in this order....pick the map, select PvP/PvE, sort by which order you want to see the servers in (we did by name), then type in the name of your server, after we did all these things, we then selected unofficial pc servers and we loaded in. It hasn't been 100% success, but if we haven't gotten it on the 1st try the 2nd try has always worked.

1 hour ago, sootheh said:

"if you have 4 gigas and 7 dodos 3 compys die how many do you have left?"

If you have 7 ark developers and 4 autists. a man farts on a midget which one is the retard?

snapshot_10 issues

no queue system setup despite knowing what they were going to be facing

at the very least you could have priority slots for people who have disconnected in the last(arbitrary number) 3 mins?

and then there is the 30-40 min interval on ark data uploads because they haven't been bothered to fix the issue with their server crashing instead, fair enough if it's temporary but a little heads up ye? i mean if you want information about where to get started go to youtube, so many videos there about how people are causing the crashes.

>personally don't blame the devs i blame the people forcing them to spew out half assed 'quick fixes'

Lol, you want to blame the devs for issues they created. Since they are the ones who made this problem by deleating a monster amount of peoples servers they played on. Meanwhile they release a update & new map w/ literally a handful of servers for each region & now there are 10x's the amount of players trying to log into a small amount of servers. It's like they expect to fit a square plug into a round hole. But yeah it's the players fault. Geeezzz.. lol u must work for wild card

26 minutes ago, Sky5750 said:

This is how we are currently loading our pc rented server. As these things go one persons fix might not be another persons but give it a try.  First delete the configuration file like Jat said.  Next time you open your game it will default the official server list. BEFORE switching to unofficial pc narrow down the search.  We do it in this order....pick the map, select PvP/PvE, sort by which order you want to see the servers in (we did by name), then type in the name of your server, after we did all these things, we then selected unofficial pc servers and we loaded in. It hasn't been 100% success, but if we haven't gotten it on the 1st try the 2nd try has always worked.

So badly wished that worked for our server but we still get bluescreened out after multiple tries :'( Guess we'll just have to keep waiting..

Hey Jat. 

I'm glad Legacy is getting Ragnarok but I also have a question. Will any ORP servers be coming up tonight for the new network? My tribe will be still operating on Legacy, but we want to try the news servers and ORP mode is something we want to consider. In this post it said there would be ORP but it's the only one mode we do NOT see. This is for the Xbox network.

arknewservers.JPG

*sigh* what they should have done, if they were smart, is announce ahead of time that they would be taking all ark servers offline 3 days before release in preparation of the release, then get all these servers up during that time. but no, they had to wait till the day of release and just assumed nothing would go wrong. they just don't seem to  learn from their mistakes.

2 minutes ago, dkr724 said:

*sigh* what they should have done, if they were smart, is announce ahead of time that they would be taking all ark servers offline 3 days before release in preparation of the release, then get all these servers up during that time. but no, they had to wait till the day of release and just assumed nothing would go wrong. they just don't seem to  learn from their mistakes.

They assumed correctly. Nothing did go wrong, as it never does with WC.

Just now, bysaRD said:

I've been playing since the beginning. I've seen it all, even rock elemental lost in thin air after taiming for 7h :) It's sarcasm, this company is a joke!

I thought so but wasn't sure so, lulz it is. I've seen a lot from WC in my time too, this outcome isn't surprising to me, just frustrating. I mean I love the game, conceptually anyway, dev team meanwhile makes me want to bang my head on a wall.

12 hours ago, Pogue1995 said:

You are some seriously special people like how did you not anticipate tons of people moving from mass duping servers to the new ones? You barely added any new servers all of them are maxed out. You should have just wiped legacy servers and released tons of new ones today instead you sugar coat it with "we'll wipe low populated servers every month" disgraceful game launch. 

they tried to release heaps of new servers  but now have to to them manually, they will come just will take time

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived