Shadlos

Having Ark so much bigger makes your story work so much better. Necessary given that your days on Ark are 24 hours. The RWBY Ark is at least 24 times the size of the game. That makes the cut in your story the size of a large river, far more dangerous to cross then what is in the game.

After this weekend, I'm going to try to ride Stella back to cave Base. I'll have to follow the shoreline as much as possible due to the numerous large predators that are inland along the connecting southern rivers.

Take your time writing your story.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really getting tough to plan what is next in Return. The tribe is going to have to complete a challenge assigned to them by The Keepers, collect all eight artifacts before 255 and place them on the alter of the Green Obelisk. The new caves are going to pose an extreme challenge.

Looking forward to your next chapter in your 24X world.

(Sorry for the wait!)

-Chapter 11-

There are jeers and chortles of vicious animals as I dash through the forest atop Ember at blinding speed. The calls are coming from behind us, and aren't far behind. We're being pursued intently, as Ember leaps and dodges to avoid obstructions to our path. Our pursuers are chasing us down just as easily, not far behind us. Finally, a clearing comes into view, as Ember and I burst out of the forest, entering into an open plain. The same slope that, If we were to go up and to the left, would lead back home...and we stop. The chortles and shrill cries get closer and closer, until suddenly, four large raptors, not Utahraptors, burst from the foliage...and stand alongside Ember and I. They're Deinonychus, and my personal hunting companions. It's been a full month since we first arrived on ARK, and things have changed drastically. I found these four as we attempted to build a bridge across the shallower parts of the channel. Ever since I tamed them, Yang's been calling them my “Raptor Squad”. There's two males, Echo and Charlie; and two females, Delta and Blue. They get along with me and the others easily, yet what I loved about them was their intelligence, which seemed to put even that of the Troodons to shame: that was what I loved about them the most, being able to help problem-solve in the middle of a hunt. The four of them are incredibly devoted to me, similar to Ember. The Deinonychus chortle back and forth between each other, hissing and snapping at each other as they communicate. I'm scanning the area with my spyglass....nothing. Delta and Charlie seem to get into a bit of an altercation, then I quickly give off a short whistle that gets their attention again. My outfit has changed, as well. Recently we've got enough leftover metal for armor, so I've got on flak armor leggings and gauntlets, but a chitin chest piece, still. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be, and I should be able to finally hammer out our full armor soon enough. Attached to my back is my brand new lifeline...Ancient Rose, in it's full glory. It had been a painstaking process to make it, yet, now it was an actual, tangible reality. The blade's not exactly the same size, nor is the general weapon size, the same as Crescent Rose...it's probably at least 3/4ths the scale, but it works wonderfully. I look up into the sky...sure enough I can spot something circling in the sky just ahead...Robin, now grown to adulthood. She's found what we're looking for. I give a whistle and Ember dashes off, with my Deinonychus in hot pursuit after us. We're hunting today, with big game in mind. VERY big game. It takes a few minutes as we dash towards where Robin sees our target. We're dashing through the coastal woods once again, and soon I see our target, and I give a hushed whistle to my raptors as we stop our quick advance. Several hundred feet away, walking along the semi-barren beach, is a large, four-legged animal of a pale brown color. It's skin is thick, and it's head rests atop a long neck. A Paraceratherium, I heard Blake call it. From what we had gleaned through Annie's various journals around the house, Paracers are excellent work animals, commonly found in swamps, and plains. Once, apparently, they could indeed be found on Cragg's Island, but migrated away from there over time. We assumed this one wandered down from the distant swamps in the near north. We scouted it out once, to assess it's level, but sadly, it was only level 17, not a good tame...but plenty of meat to last us a great while. Slowly my Deinonychus break away from Ember and I, as they slowly approach from the rear. The Paracer is oblivious to us, as it begins browsing from palm trees...now we're at the ideal distance for our attack. Slowly, I get off of Ember, and then...I give the whistle to attack. With a screech, Blue and Charlie burst from bushes behind the Paracer and jump right onto it's back legs, latching hold and slashing apart it's back legs. The Paracer immediately reacts, beginning to kick with it's back legs, attempting to throw off those attacking it's rear flanks. Then Delta and Charlie attack from the sides, latching hold and attacking. Ember is the last one on the Paracer as all of them begin trying to tear it apart. The Paracer begins to groan and thrash about wildly, trying to shake of any of my attacking raptors. I take Ancient Rose off of my back and fold it out into it's full form. I stab the blade of the scythe into the ground and aim for the creature's body. Looking down my scope, I pull the trigger, and instantly there's a loud bang as the Paracer shifts to one side, then starts charging me with surprising speed. I managed to get a shot into it's upper left flank, and it's not too happy as it bares down on me. It rears up at me, intent on crushing me under it's weight, but I rip Ancient Rose from the earth and fly underneath it in a slash, tearing a huge hole in it's stomach. It buckles onto one knee at this, attempting to stand back up and shake off the raptors...but that's not what I've got planned. Once again, I turn around, slamming the blade of Ancient Rose into the earth, and aim my scope to the paracer's head. Finally, I give off the shot that puts the creature out if it's misery, as it gives a low groan and slumps to the side. I'm not surprised the hunt went so well, with how perfect Ancient Rose came out, as well as the training of my raptors. The raptors have now began to eat the carcass in order to harvest it. I might as well do the same. I walk over next to Ember, and pet her a moment as she eats, before taking out my metal hatchet and metal pickax, and begin to gather some meat, myself. It's no surprise as I myself start getting a little bloody....which soon turns into getting very bloody, from all of the blood in this colossal corpse. It takes us several minutes to harvest about 90% of the viable meat on the carcass, leaving some organs, and bones covered in thin strips of meat. I'm washing my hands in the nearby ocean when I hear a noise coming from the forest, and I stand, turning towards the forest again. What stands at the edge of the forest looks like a Carno, although a slight bit smaller, yet stockier, and of a black color. He's a level 23 male Rugops who lives on the Island; and the others and I have met him before, when he tried muscling in on a freshly killed Parasaur of ours, during one of our hunting trips. He's not actually aggressive, he's just more of a scavenger. We kinda liked him back then, and still do, so we actually let him have the whole parasaur, and only went home ourselves with two kills instead of three. Ever since, he seems to find us friendly, and knows that whenever we kill something, after we get our fair share, he can have the rest. He stands alert, looking at the raptors and I as we wash up in the beach, curious to see if we're done, eagerly awaiting his turn. I smile, and give a whistle, as if to tell him “go on ahead”. Carrion, as we've called him, moves over to the rest of the Paracer remains and begins to eat his fill. I saddle back up on Ember and whistle for my Deinonychus to follow, which they do. We head back up the coast, then along the channel at the north of Cragg's Island. After following our river back a ways, I'm greeted with a familiar sight: Blake fishing in the river with White, as well as a tamed and saddled Bari. Yang sits on the ground, her back resting upon Bari, who lies on the ground, gnawing on a large Coelocanth in her jaws. White does similar, but occasionally looks up at Blake, who sits with a makeshift rod and reel in her hands, carefully watching the line. Raven, fully grown, perches on Blake's shoulder, eyeing the line in the water. The raptors and I calmly walk up to her, and I smile “hey there, Blake.” I say. She smiles, looking at me for a moment, before looking back out on her line “Hey Ruby. I guess you finished the Paracer hunt early?”

“Yep.” I say smiling “My guys are doing pretty well at this.”

You've trained the Deinonychus very well, Ruby.” she says, drawing in the line a little. “Congratulations on that.”

“It's nothing. So did you take a break from the usual fishing method?”

Yeah. After a bit of spearfishing and the like with Bari and White, I cooked our catches, and then decided to do a little bit of calmer fishing to pass the time.”

How's that been?”

Relaxing. A few nibbles here and there, but....!” suddenly, there's a sharp tug on Blake's line. Blake immediately starts reeling in something that's putting up a decent fight. Lo and behold, it's another decently-sized Coelocanth which she catches on the end of the line. As she reels it in on the ground, Bari raises her arm and sinks her large thumb claw into the fish, instantly killing it, before letting go. Blake sighs “Thank you, Bari” she says with a bit of strange empathy, holding her catch at the end of the line. “I think I'll stick around and cook this a moment, alright?”

“Sure. See you up at the house in a sec.”

I give another whistle to my raptors, and they follow me and Ember again as we dash up towards our home, which has changed quite a bit since we first arrived....heh, we took Annie's advice. With the help of Gamuto and Petra, we now have an extensive stone wall that encircles the rock at the top of the cliff, and fences off the land at the base of the cliff, and some of the small reef-bay at the river's mouth. We've got two gates: a smaller one at the back of the rock, and a truly massive one up front, with one like it down below...every since we learned of bulk-crafting with help of the Implants, we've been going nuts with construction. I give a whistle to my raptors, giving them a command I've done before. Delta starts running ahead with Blue following her. Just as they get to the wall, which is about 25 ft tall, Delta stops a small distance from the wall and turns. Blue then leaps up on Delta, using her as a stepstool, and leaps up at a high angle, and latches onto some of the stones on the wall, and climbs over. Soon, the massive, reinforced wood-and-stone doors begin to open towards us, allowing us in. As she's done before, Blue's pulled the lever to open the behemoth gate for me. Just as we're in, she pulls it back with Charlie's help, causing the door to close. As we advance further in to a full trot, I can see my sister, with Sparrow on her shoulder. Yang's on the back of Petra, who spins around, smashing a large rock to pieces with her tail in one final strike. Gamuto and Titania stand nearby, ready to take any excess cargo. I trot up next to her on Ember, dismounting. “Hey sis! Workin' hard, right?”

Pfft, of course. Haven't worked up a sweat like this in a while.” she says, taking her hat off her head, wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, and then fanning herself with her hat. “I'll be serious, even with Petra, this gets exhausting.”

So I see. Is that the last of the rocks up here?”

“And down below.” she says in a happier tone, still fanning herself, and then slowly sliding off Petra. Whereas Blake and I were dressed a little more protective because we were out, Yang's chill in her hide outfit, which she's colored to vaguely resemble her old outfit. We've all done similarly with our outfits, coloring them colors of our choice with the dyes we make. She's dirty and sweaty from working with Petra all day, smashing apart rocks. She looks up at me “hey, is Blake coming back in?”

Yeah, she's just frying up a last catch real quick.”

Why didn't you leave the gate open for her, then?”

“Yang....” I say, with a strange, smug smile, putting my hands on my hips and tilting my head. “Do you remember the last time I tried to be nice and do that?....”

Suddenly, she remembers. “Oh...yeah, right...” she says “That trio of Carnos stormed in...”

I'll make sure the raptors are there to flip the lever for her.” I say. I turn to them, seeing Ember watching the Deinonychus, which hiss and snap at each other, socializing fairly low. I give a quick whistle “Ey!” I say, holding up my right index finger. Immediately, I've got their immediate attention. “Good...good...” I say, smiling “Wait...” I say, making sure I have their complete, focused attention, locking eyes quickly with each one once. “Now...go!” I gesture off towards the behemoth gate with my arm, making my index finger now point at it, and the raptors shriek as they dash off. Yang smiles, giving a whistle of approval and clapping her hands. “Nice, sis. You got them wrapped around your little finger.”

“Ey, wasn't easy.” I say, turning, but with my smile still on my face. I speak for all of us when I say our hair has grown...mine's much longer than I normally have it, but without being able to cut it for a month...that's what we get! Yang's hair is back about the length she normally has it, but it's still wild in a few parts. I brush my elongated hair out of my face “So. Wanna turn in with me for a bit?”

“It's about lunchtime, anyway...plus, being out at noon is the worst...”

Heh, yeah. Go take yourself a nice, cold shower.”

I plan on it.” she says with a chuckle, as we walk towards the house. What was once our thatch hut, we've turned into my workshop. Yes, MY workshop. It's just about doubled in size. There's wooden storage boxes a plenty inside for storing materials, a refining furnace, and a Smithy, several mortars and pestles, as well as a building X-tras constructor, and a “Xtra Ark” crafting table. We now walk up onto the porch, then open the double doors of the house. Immediately, there's something standing in our way...a Dilophosaurus! OUR Dilophosaurus, named Malachi. He showed up around our house as we were setting up the walls, and we tamed him to be a bit of a house dog. Like Ozpin, he's learned how to open and close unlocked doors, so he helps himself outside whenever he needs to go use. “Hi, Mal!” I say, crouching down, with Robin on my shoulder, as I pet the top of Malachi's head. “How ya been, huh?” He seems to chortle a bit with being loved on. Yang squeezes past and begins heading upstairs to go and take a shower. “Say hey, I think I know what you want...” I reach into my inventory, pulling out a little specialty Weiss cooked up for our smaller carnivorous pets: a single, cooked dodo neck. “Huh? You want a little something? Here ya go, boy.” I say, handing it to him. He takes it happily in his mouth and proceeds to walk towards the kitchen, which is my intended destination. I close the doors behind me, and follow after him. Nearby, Ozpin rests atop a bookcase, but opens his eyes to watch Malachi and I pass. Malachi lowers his head for a moment, holding the dodo bird neck now in his right hand, before using his free mouth to turn the door handle, and open the double doors for himself and me. He puts his treat back into his mouth and continues to walk in. I follow right behind him, and immediately, I smell really good food. I look up to see Snowren fly a u-turn with something in his mouth. He flies over towards Weiss, who's cooking something in a pot on the stove. Weiss is also wearing casual hide clothing, and she's done a few things to her even longer hair. Having a bit more hair than normal, she's actually deduced the length of her very long ponytail a bit by now having two smaller, braided ones going over her shoulders. She wears earrings made from pearls and sea shells, and has a seashell necklace around her neck. Snowren lands on Weiss's shoulder, and Weiss turns her head, facing her. “Ah, thank you...” she says, taking the herbs from Snowren's mouth and carefully shredding them into whatever she's cooking. Malachi ends up laying down by the fireplace, where he begins to gnaw and crunch on the dodo bird neck I gave him. “Weiss Schnee on fire in the kitchen, folks!” I say, gesturing towards her with both arms in a smile. She looks at me for a moment, then shakes her head, going back to what she's doing. “Hah, I don't think I could stand being on a cooking show...too many eyes on me.”

“Don't you sing, though?”

Well, yeah...but even though I like to sing, doesn't mean I...well, I was kinda....forced to by my father, so...”

Not sayin' anything, Weiss.” I say with a smile. “So, what are you concocting now?”

Dinner.” she says “Making a bit of a stew to go with some of the fish Blake's going to be bringing in”.

“Hey, I'm game!” I say with a smile “You've made me love food I thought I'd hate, so I'll eat just about everything you make.”

Just about everything? Why not everything?”

Because if you make something with heart, tongue, or something, I'm OUT.”

I...don't plan on it, feeling is mutual on that.”

Ah, so, what's for Lunch?”

“Something you'll enjoy. Not spoiling anything until the others get here.”

Alright, then.” I say, pulling up to my usual stool and sitting down in it. “Ya wanted that meat before it goes bad, right?”

“Ah, right!” she says, taking the spoon out of the stew she was sturing, and turning to me. “Did you have that? I bet there was a bunch of prime meat.”

There was, and I got our shares from the raptors, too...” I say, checking my inventory and bundling everything together. “Here.” In my hands is yet another wrapped box, which Weiss takes, as it's put into her inventory. She then pulls up her inventory in front of the stove, placing her meat inside using the hands-free functions of the stove from the implant. I look back behind us at the fireplace...hanging above it, is the head of that vicious Primal Therizinosaurus, on a wall-mount. I look at it a few more moments, before my eyes are drawn to Blake walking in to the room, with Raven on her shoulder. “Hey Blake!” I say smiling at her. She smiles back, waving a little “Hello again. Weiss, mind if I go ahead and store that fish in the fridge before I sit down?”

“Help yourself, Blake.” she says, stuiring the stew again. Blake walks over to the fridge, and begins storing the cooked fish inside, before sitting next to me on the counter. “So, did anything interesting happen while you were down there, Blake?” Weiss asks.

Nothing too noticeable.” she says “a couple herds of animals walked by. Parasaurs, Phiomia, Trikes, Stegos, even a small group of Pegomastax.” she lets Raven off her shoulder, who flies over to one of four perches that we have for our dimorphodons. Robin and Snowren follow her example. “Ah, Quru came down.” Blake said

He did?” I asked

Mm-hm. He stuck around for a little bit, probably about half an hour or so, before flying back. Bari drove off a Sarco she saw coming down from further up river, but...nothing else than that. It was pretty calm for me.”

Kinda was for me too, excluding the Paracer hunt. I always like going out into the forest...it's beautiful but...kinda...ominous, too. Even in the day.”

I second that.” Blake says, adjusting her position on her stool. I begin drumming my fingers on the counter. “So....Weiss...uh...do you...have an appetizer or something for us to like...nibble on or something?”

“Trail mix, that's about it, really. Just waiting on Yang.”

I sigh, taking out a bag of trail mix from my pocket. We normally have some on us each time we go out as something to snack on. Weiss has made copious amounts of this stuff, so it's ok to eat it whenever we'd like. I take a handful of seeds and dried berries, popping them into my mouth. It's salty, but still...bland. It's...It's like one of those foods you're kinda “Meh” about, but you still eat it, because you can't have just one. Blake looks at me in my depressed, food-starved state...and grins. “Ey, Ruby?”

What?” I ask.

I...think I can entertain you for a little bit.”

I know exactly know what she's talking about. “U-uh...I...sure.” I say “I...guess you...wanna do some Ninja?”

If you'd like...”

Ninja. The game I introduced to Blake after Squares a month ago...I beat her at Squares, so, I thought i'd introduce her to Ninja. It's quite a simple game, but...also very frustrating. Players stand in a circle, and move in a set order. When it's your turn, you can either step towards or step back. When you do that, you can also move your arms, but...if you do, that's your turn. You can either move or strike, and when you strike, you try to get out a person near you by tagging their hand. If you miss or hit, you have to remain in the position you put yourself in...that's the whole point. If you're attacked, you move your arm only out of the way...it's kinda complex. I thought she'd like it because of the name and how it's played...she...destroyed me. Even when Weiss and Yang would join in...she'd obliterate us. Strangely for her, she's taken it in stride. I shudder “Blake, I...I'm just hungry because I've worked up an appetite...I...don't feel like getting my butt kicked right now.”

You were the one who said I should open up...” she says, with a bit of a malevolent chuckle, as she takes out her most recent book and begins reading. I feel a bit more comfortable with seeing her reading her book. “So, Blake?” I ask “What's that book about?”

It's quite scandalous, actually.” she says, teasing. “It's about this one man who gets framed, kicked out of his church, has the love of his life stolen by the man who framed him, and it's all about his downward spiral and how he eventually reforms himself.”

Heh, you're reading all the interesting books, Blake.” I jest.

Hey, I suggested you pick up one, yourself. Have you?”

Yeah, I did. Twice.”

“Twice? You've read two books?”

Kinda...gave up on the first.”

“Why's that?”

“It was called 'The Lost World', where these guys from, like...18th century go to this plateau in the jungle, and atop this really high plateau, there's dinosaurs. Kinda gave up when I saw it was Dinosaurs... 'cause we're in the Lost World, ourselves!”

Weiss and Blake start laughing with me on that remark. “Hey, I see your point, but I've been an assassin myself, been a rouge, but I've read books about assassins and rouges a plenty. I encourage you to pick it up where you left off.”

“Hah, if that's the case.”

“What about the other one?”

That one is nifty!” I say. “It was 'Two Thousand Leagues under the Sea'!”

Ah, read that one myself. I'd figure it's one you'd like. Did you?”

Really nifty!...also, why did they get attacked by Giant Squids in a jungle river?”

“Because a steampunk submarine doesn't make enough sense, so you throw in giant river squids and a mysterious ocean tribe.”

“Cool story, needs more Dragons.” Weiss says, and we laugh again.

In all honesty, though, did you like the book, Ruby?” Blake asks. I nod, smiling “Yep! I liked it!”

Did you pick up another one?”

Pfft...caught between 'The Scarlet Letter', and 'The Island of Doctor Miroue'.”

Hm, read them both myself. Scarlet Letter is another 'life lesson' book, so I don't think you'll like that. It's about adultery in a colonial timeframe...”

Oh...” I say, somewhat disappointed. “Although...maybe i'll still read it.”

“It's a good read, has a lot of symbolism in it. Give it a shot if you're interested, although it's not an adventure one.”

“Is the other one something like one?”

“Eh...not really....well, adventure, yes, but it's not a fairytale story or anything of that sort...it's...well, an adventure book, about this mad scientist who makes these mad...mish-mash, nonsensical animal hybrids.”

....Well, that's...cool!” I say, sounding pretty interested “I just...miss the good 'ol fairytales I like to read.”

It's harder to find a book like that, which isn't modern.” She says “If that's the case, and you're looking for heroes and that whole deal, you're looking at things like the Odyssey, which you said you read before.”

Yang read it to me, yeah. So...that's it?”

Sadly, the good 'ol days of knights and that sort, heroes, are kind of rare. Well, in the aspect of how you'd think. Other than that...they're pretty common, in alternate forms.”

“Hm?”

“Silas Marner here is his own hero, in the textbook definition of a hero in an analytical standpoint.”

“How's that?”

“Well, a hero doesn't have to be somebody who goes off on a journey to find treasure or slay a dragon, kill a villain or rescue a princess. Simply put, a hero is somebody who overcomes an obstacle and gets stronger from it. It's so stereotypical in all kinds of media it's called a monomyth, last I recall.”

Wow. So...i guess, in that aspect, we're all heroes! Especially since we've done so well so far on the ARK!”

Well, in literal terms, yes.”

“Although we've only stuck to Cragg's Island.” Weiss says. “There will probably be a time where we have to leave the island for reasons, Ruby, such as gathering resources. Then, maybe, we may not be alone after all, soon...and our company may not be too nice, and may want to take our island, and...well, do whatever they want to us. Sorry to be the pessimist, but....”

“You're not!” I say, smiling. “You're...just trying to be a realist! I'm not saying I don't worry, it's just...I'm happy and grateful I finally feel comfortable here.”

“Again, I can second you on that.” Blake says, smiling. “ARK does indeed feel like home, doesn't it?”

“When you've got your friends, and you work hard, you can make anywhere home!” I say smiling “We did with our dorm, didn't we?”

Heh,” Weiss says, grinning, with a bit of a chuckle “Those bunk beds were a miracle of high school engineering.”

“They were probably the most makeshift makeshift bunk beds I've ever seen or made!” I say, to which we all laugh.

I'm not going to lie, Ruby.” Weiss states. “When we first made our bunk bed...I swore that's how I might kick the bucket.”

Aww 'cmon! Enough rope fixes everything!”

“Riiight....seriously, I think I stared wide-eyed at your bed watching it sway directly above me for like...and hour or so the first time I slept under it.”

Her bed wasn't a bed, it was a fort!” Blake replies

And that's because Ruby still thinks still thinks she's six at fifteen!” Weiss rebuttals. I immediately put on a pouty, but playful face. “Hey! I may be small, but you get me mad, and I'll take you out by your shins!”

We all laugh again at this, and by now Yang comes flying into the kitchen with Sparrow on her shoulder “Yo! What's so funny?”

Nothing, Sis!” I say “Just reminiscing about old times!”

You're not old enough to recount old times.”

“Yang!” I say, putting my hand on my hip “I mean back at Beacon! Before all this!”

So old times means, like, a month ago?”

In technical terms, old times could even be five seconds ago.” Blake replies.

Whaaatever.” Yang says, walking up to her stool as Sparrow joins the other Dimorphs on their perches. I look at Yang's hair, which is surprisingly well kept despite being a tad bit longer than usual.

“Dang, sis!” I say “Your hair is floofier than usual.”

“Uhh...thanks?” Yang says “I mean, surprisingly, Annie had some decent conditioner and stuff in the shower, but...Heh, it's better than when my hair gets all frizzy. Tried to brush it a little...but I think I'm in the need of a little trim.”

I think we all are!” I say “I'm not too good with keeping my hair out of my face!”

Well, I think I have a solution to that.” Blake says.

“Blake, really?” Weiss asks “You can play barber?”

Well, again, I've been reading through Annie's various notes and journals, and I learned something. While some people will actually use the minuscule materials to make a pair of scissors, Annie had been doing something she learned from some lesser-advanced tribes, having found the idea novel herself, and in her own words 'a bit more interesting then getting a trim with scissors', and you don't really need to do much to get it, either.”

Really?” Yang asks “So what's this remedy for makeshift scissors?”

“The bottom jaws of smaller megapiranha.”

We all stare at her for a bit. “Wait...megapiranha jaws?” Yang asks. Blake sighs with a bit of a smirk, reaching into her back pocket. “That was part of the reason I wanted to go fishing. Back before I went fishing in my usual spot, I went up to the channel to try and find small enough specimens. Here's what I mean.” she pulls out two bones of equal size. In general width, these small jaws are just a bit more than one whole inch wide. Blake holds one lower jaw each in her hands, then puts them together. The two jaws, although from two separate creatures, lock together fairly well. She turns on her seat a little, then looks into her reflection of a nearby pitcher on the counter. “Now, if I remember correctly...” she states, tilting her head so she can see the right side of her face better, then begins clacking the jaws together along her hair. Each time they clap together, surprisingly, it cuts her hair quite well, and looks really good, as well. Blake cuts off a few stray bangs before stopping, and turning. “I didn't get any hair on the counter, did I?” she asks. Weiss smiles, but shakes her head. “No, just clean up your own mess before you leave and we'll be alright.”

I can oblige with that.” Blake replies. “So, think this will work?”

In your capable hands!” I say “To which, I wanna be the first to get a piranha-haircut!”

As much as I'd like to get my trim, Blake...I'd like to see if you can actually do it pretty well with the others...” Yang says “You know me and my hair.”

I respect you in that regard.” Blake says “It's like me and my bows, in part.”

“Speaking of, Blake.” Weiss says “I haven't seen you covering up your ears often, if at all, despite you have plenty of opportunity and options on how.”

“Heh, to be honest, why do I now?” Blake says, smiling. “I'm with my trusted friends. Why hide what you already accept and love me for?”

See? ARK's making us all better!” I say “Despite the fact it tries to tear us apart at the same time!”

Weiss shakes her head. “Alright, now...about lunch...” she bends down into a smaller cabinet, taking something out. “These are still nice and warm, so, should be good.”

And what are you feeding us all with?” Yang asks. Weiss sighs, taking off the lid of the tray “Well, how's this? Pulled phiomia meat for a nice, hardy sandwich with some fries on the side made from savorroot. Well?”

I quickly snatch a fry from the plate of fries I see in front of me, popping into my mouth. I smile “Just the right salt, not too flimsy or firm. Isn't a fast-food style fry, either!”

Never had fast food, so I wouldn't know.” Weiss says, shrugging. Yang suddenly snags a piece of pulled meat from the other plate, popping it into her mouth. “So you can have barbeque on the ARK.” she states “And good barbeque, too. Nicely done, Weiss.”

“Thank you!” She says smiling “but if you could please eat the food the way it's supposed to be eaten?”

“Never!” Yang teases. We all laugh, and then begin to fill our plates with a pulled-meat sandwich with meat levels to our own choices, and some fries. Weiss normally sits on the kitchen side of the counter, anyway, across from me. We chat a little as we sink our teeth into our food. A few minutes later, Yang's torn through her sandwich and fries and started on seconds. I'm still trying to finish my first one, having eaten all the fries and about 3/4ths of my sandwich, with Blake and Weiss also having eaten a fair amount. Weiss smiles, then stands, wiping her hands on a small towel, then turns to the fridge. “So, guys. I have a question.” she says a bit smugly.

Fire.” Yang says, mouth full of meat.

Well, how long have we been here for?”

A full month!” I say smiling, with an empty mouth. “Why?”

“Well, that's just it. We've been around a whole month! I thought i'd try and make a little thing to celebrate that fact.”

“Oh boy, wha'd ya make now?” I ask. Weiss smiles, opening the fridge, and taking out a covered tray. “something sweet, and something I've never done before-”

“You've never really cooked before.” Yang interjects.

“Beside that! Something I've never even really had, myself...but I followed the recipe in Annie's cookbook...so...” she puts the tray on the counter, then removes the top “Voila!”

The three of us are staring at what Weiss has made. I...Is that...even...possible? On the ARK? Slowly, for some reason, I reach out with my left index finger and poke it....it jiggles. No, it can't be. I poke it again...it is. Gelatin. A big thing of gelatin, which Weiss has gone so far to even make it four equal colors: red, white, black and yellow. I've poked the gelatin about five times before Weiss snatches my hand “Would you stop?!” she says with a laugh.

“It's....Jiggly.” I say in a somewhat childish tone. We all laugh. “Ok, but, seriously, does it look good? I busted by butt doing this.” Weiss states.

“Looks good, so I guess all it needs is a taste test.” Blake says with a wink. Weiss smirks back. “A little taste test. Little taste test. You can have more for dessert when you finish.”

With that, Weiss hands us each a spoon. I dig mine right into the red part, and it ends up that we all take a piece from our own respective color. I pop mine in my mouth, and smile. “Super sweet and fruity!” I say happily “Weiss, you rock this kitchen! Seriously!”

“Heh, thanks. I'm just happy it turned out good.” She moves the gelatin out of our reach. “Finish up, you have more.”

Alright.” I say, beginning to tear through my lunch at a pace rivaling Yang, just so I can get a proper helping of gelatin. Suddenly Yang sees how fast i'm eating and tries to eat faster than me, as if trying to start a speed eating contest...next I know, Yang coughs a few times...did she really just-?! Next I know, Blake's behind her giving her the Heimlich, and soon, she's back to normal, swallowing whatever choked her. “Hah! I wasn't even trying to start anything!” I say, with a mouthful of food, pointing at Yang. “Dat's what you get!”

Ack...sorry...” Yang says low. “Like...really...sorry.”

Don't die on us yet, Yang.” Blake says “It's too early.”

Pfft, I don't plan on it.” she says, sitting back down. “I think I just learned my lesson, that's all. She takes a drink of a fruit juice Weiss has made, before turning to me. “So, sis. Did ya see it while you were out?”

It takes me a minute to get what she's talking about, but then, I suddenly get it. “Oh!” I say, swallowing my food. “Yeah! I tracked it to the southern beaches, that's where it's footprints lead.”

“Did you actually see it though?”

Yep! I saw him. He was resting in the shade of a few trees. It was hot then, so....yeah. But he should still be there.”

Guessing today's the day you and Ruby are finally going to go out and try and get you that Lythronax, Yang?” Blake asks, taking a drink of her own juice. Yang nods happily. “Yeah, I mean, no offense to Titania, I love her and all, but...I want something that can keep up with ya'lls mounts a little easier, but is also badass. That's why I want that mini t-rex.”

Sabertoothed mini T-rex.” I say. Yang nods “Yep. Sabertoothed, fluffy, mini t-rex.”

Ehh...30+ ft isn't exactly miniature, but...who knows? Maybe rex got bigger here.” Blake says, going back to her sandwich. “Oh, Ruby, after lunch, you want to get that haircut real quick before you and Yang go out after him?”

Sure. Would be nice if I could see what I'm doing.”

Alright. I think I can work with that.”

So we finish up our lunch and dessert a few minutes later, before going to the upstairs bathroom. Yang helps Weiss with kitchen cleanup while Blake wheels in a chair from the master living quarters. “Here you are.” she says, sitting me it in front of the sink and mirror. “Go on ahead.” I sit down in the chair, and she wraps a large towel around my top. “Now, I've never done this, so...”

Ey, this dummy his happy to be your training dummy.” I say with a big, wide smile.

You're not a dummy!” Blake says with a bit of a laugh. “But, either way, thank you. So, just want it trimmed back down to normal?”

“Yup!” I say “Do your best, alright? I won't judge ya...at least, so long as it's ok.”

Heh, I'll do my best. I'm no barber, but i'll try and do something good for you guys.” she begins to wet my hair using water from the sink. I smile at her “Hey, you've been doing nothing but good things.” I say “you've changed a lot. I mean, you've opened and changed really well. You're talking more, smiling more, and enjoying things more. You're eager to jump on a game of ninja and beat the snot out of us, always giving us kind advice, and...well, you're not the Blake I once knew, and that's a good thing. Not that I...hated that old Blake, ya know?” I wink at her. She nods back “I know. I'm...ecstatic about this new me. I'm everything right now I thought I wouldn't be...i have everything I thought I couldn't have. A happy life full of people who accept me for who I am...even if it's been only a month. I do really feel like family to you guys.” she begins to now cut my hair using the piranha jaws. “About time you felt welcome among us, Blake.” I tease “I'm being honest when I say that we all really do care about you.”

I know. It's...heh, it's just me. It's all a bit too surreal for me...and..well...”

Well what?”

“Maybe that's why...somehow, i'm a bit skeptical of it all.”

Really?” I ask “How? Why?”

“...I don't know. I mean, truly, i'm happy I have this life with you all, and that i'm so close to you all, but...for some reason, something in me is skeptical about it all, telling me it won't last.”

Maybe that's because of the same reason you ran when we learned you were White Fang. You're just scared to death, in part, I think.”

Well...i can see what you mean. I guess...i'm just terrified somehow i'll loose all of this.”

Ey, I know it's a fragile balance for you, Blake. There's been times on the ARK I've felt similarly. Like last week when that Megalodon paid us a visit on our shallow reef dive on the eastern side of the island.”

“Thank god for small rock outcroppings that form caves.” Blake says, recalling the event. “but....yeah, I guess like how you teased Weiss, I...I just have...well, not special needs, but...”

I can't exactly treat you like how I would my other friends, I know...but I really like it, Blake. I like having a special friend like you.”

And I like having unique friends like you, too.” she says.

As long as you're happy, Blake, we're happy. That's all that matters.”

Blake and I continue to chat as she cuts my hair. Finally, she turns the chair around so I can see my reflection. “Well, what do you think?” she asks “Do I make a good makeshift barber?...”

I smile seeing my reflection, and I brush some of my hair to the side. “Spot-on, Blake!” I say happily “I guess piranha aren't so bad! At least, in this regard. Nice job!”

Heh, thanks.” Blake says, setting the jaws down on the sink, then taking the towel off of me. “Guess i'll...wait for everybody else to get their haircut before I clean up the bathroom floor. That ok with you?”

I look around on the floor, seeing some of my hair here and there “Eh, it's not bad. I'd say just sweep it to the side for now, or something. Guess i'll go get Yang and we'll go after that Lythro. I can send Weiss up here next, if you'd like.”

Sure, gives me a good opportunity to clean up before Weiss comes in.”

So I head out of the bathroom and back downstairs. Lo and behold, I find Yang still in the kitchen, talking to Weiss. Weiss is back behind the bar counter as usual, and Yang sits in her usual stool, a drink in her hands.

“So yeah, that's what I think.” Yang says “I mean, I'm pretty sure it could work.”

Well, maybe.” Weiss replies “I'm...not exactly confident on the...”

Ey, up to you. Might as well enjoy our privacy while it lasts.”

Whatcha talkin about?” I ask, walking up. Yang smiles “Dang, sis! Blake did a really good job with your hair!”

Didn't she? Those jaws work pretty well after all. Yet, as I asked, whatcha talkin' about?”

Ah, I mentioned to Weiss I was thinking about tanning in my spare time since we live on an island. Turns out she had the same idea. Only difference between the two of us is that I was planning on avoiding tanning lines.”

You would.” I say “Knowing how many times you tried tanning at the beach back on Patch.”

Ey, it's good sun here, and plenty of privacy for now. Why not?...”

“Stereotype.” Weiss says. Yang and I quickly turn to her “Hey! That's not funny!” Yang says, irritated. Weiss gives an uneasy face and shrugs, motioning to Yang. “Hey, you said it yourself, so...” Yang quickly understands what Weiss means “Well...Ok, I'm...well, freespirited flirt, that's the only type I am!”

That's what I meant.”

“Wait. So you didn't mean-”

No.” Weiss says with a mischievous, dark smile “Dang, Yang. Where's your head these days? Do I even want to know what you're thinking about half the time?”

Yang you just got owned.” I say with a bit of a tease. Yang's red by now “G...guh, ok, seriously, though. DO I come off like one?”

“Nah, not really.” Weiss says. “I mean, when I first met you, I thought you were an overflirtatious high school girl, and really, you get that everywhere in life, so it's pretty common. Heck, I've seen girls flirt with girls even if they're both straight. It's...rarely possible to see that negative stereotype in you, to be honest. I mean, ok, yeah, blonde and attractive, but that's about it, really. I mean, I bet you get guys easily...”

“Meh, sorta. I get plenty of meatheads too, sometimes.”

I've been witness to that.” I say “and normally that follows with Yang breaking faces.”

“And delivering violent castrations.” Yang says with a wink. We all laugh, and then Weiss sighs “Well, at least you don't mess around, Yang. I guess that's another good thing about you. You're a wildcard.”

“Wildcard on a wild island. I think I fit right in.” Yang replies, before turning back to me “So, Ruby. Guess ya want to go track down that Lythronax?”

“That's why i'm here!” I say with a smile. “Also, Weiss, Blake's ready for you.”

“Eh, I don't know if I want my hair back to normal.” Weiss replies “but I know it's got to get trimmed...maybe Blake and I can compensate for something.”

Probably. Yang I'll be in my shop getting a few things. Meet me out there when you're suited up.”

“Sure.”

So I begin heading back out of the house, as Weiss and Yang head upstairs. Once in my workshop, I begin grabbing a few things. Mostly, narcotics, and some tranq darts for Ancient Rose. While I wait for Yang I begin to go over anything else we might need. Soon, Yang herself comes into the shop, wearing a chitin chestpiece, flak-metal leggings, and her weapons which she named “Primal Conquerors” on her arms, in place of gauntlets. “So, sis. We stocked on everything?” she asks me.

As far as I can tell. Did you want to use your crossbow or the longneck rifle I made you?”

I was thinking crossbow, personally. Fires a little quicker and is easier to reload.”

Well, didn't you plan on taking Quru? If he can fly, gives you time to reload.”

True. So I guess you're taking some of the raptors for a distraction?”

The whole squad.” I say “Should be enough to distract him, anyway.”

If that's the case. Do you have enough darts?”

Yeah...50 for me and 50 for you. Should be plenty.”

“And Narcotics?”

“I got plenty of those, too.”

Sweet. I think we're set then.”

We head back outside, gathering our animals together. Yang mounts on Quru and I take Ember, making sure my Deinonychus are right behind me. Once we're all set, we disembark. Heading out of the smaller gate near the back of the rock, we head down to the southern part of the Island. Quru is easily able to keep up with the raptors and I easily by flying low to the ground. I'm quick to pick back up on the trail of the Lythronax with the help of my raptors, and soon we're tracking it down easily. We're out hunting it for around 30 minutes, following it's path...finally, as we traverse up the east side of the island, along the shores of the beach...we see it. Distinctively, you see the shape of a tyrannosaurus, but smaller, around the size of a Carno. It's partially covered in a layer of black, downy feathers in some spots, but what sticks out...is the two pairs of saber teeth in it's jaws. The back pair isn't too much larger than the rest of the teeth, but the front pair is like that of a sabertooth cat, extending past it's lower jaws. That's the level 45 male Lythro Yang first saw two weeks ago. She immediately wanted it ever since. The Lythronax isn't hunting...but it's still got shed blood on it's mind. It's slowly advancing towards an unaware Carnotaurus, which feasts on a dead Pachy it had just killed. That carno is the same carno we saw on our first days on the ark, now having grown to lvl 14. The Lythronax now makes it's presence known with a loud, territorial roar. The Carnotaurus lifts it's head towards it's aggressor and roars back, head bent down in aggression, as if displaying it's horns and threatening to charge the Lythronax, to gore it to pieces with it's horns. The Lythronax isn't intimidated, and advances forwards, roaring more, and opening it's mouth to display it's own slicing weapons: it's sabertooth fangs. The Carnotaurus continues to stamp the ground with it's feet and roar as it slowly circles left, as the Lythronax roars back and circles right. They're feet apart from each other, snapping and roaring at each other. Finally, the Carnotaurus charges, slamming into the Lythronax's side and swiping it's head upwards. The Lythronax staggers from the blow but counters by opening it's mouth and using it's sabers like blades, slicing the left thigh of the Carnotaurus, which causes it to back up a bit, before going for the Lythronax's neck. The Lythronax then continues to use it's teeth to slice up the side of the Carnotaurus, who's only able to sink it's jaws into the Lythro's back, then ends up shoving it again a fair distance, causing the Lythro to let go. The Lythronax then attacks from above, opening it's jaws and sinking it's saberteeth into the back of the Carno's neck. The Carnotaurus roars in the excruciating pain and begins swinging it's head like a hatchet, stabbing the Lythronax in the neck again and again with it's horns. The Lythronax pushes on the Carnotaurus, throwing it to the ground, before letting go, but pinning the carnotaur to the ground with it's left foot, before rearing up again with a roar, and sinking it's fangs into the skull of the Carnotaurus this time, which ends the creature's life. It lets go of the creature's skull, then seems to look over it's kill, before roaring and starting to devour the victim's flesh. Yang's hyped that she got to once again see the capability of her mount, and grins ear to ear. “Alright, guess we're doing this.” I say, getting myself ready, and unsheathing Ancient Rose, as I remain on the back of Ember. Yang looks over at me. “You're going to be firing and wielding that thing on the back of Ember? Doesn't that make her feel off-balance or something?”

I've trained her a bit over time, so she's actually used to it. I can't shoot actual rounds with it, but the darts won't cause enough of a weapon kick to throw her off balance. Don't worry, I'm careful about my pretty girl, here.” I say, petting the top of her head, to which she chortles. Yang smiles “Alright. Guess it is time to get this done. Go a little easy on him, after all. He did still get a few wounds from that Carno.”

Yeah, no prob.” I say. I then look back at my Deinonychus, which have been diligently waiting, eyes locked on the Lythronax. I then give another whistle, and the Deinonychus give a few low growls before rapidly advancing. Just as they get close, Blue lets out a shrill cry to alert the Lythro to their presence. It quickly looks up at them just as Charlie does a mock pounce at it. Believing the bluff that it's under attack, the Lythro quickly begins to thrash about and attempt to attack my Deinonychus, which dodge it's attacks easily. Yang and Quru take to the air, and once airborne, Yang fires a dart from her rifle. It lands just behind the head of the Lythro. It roars from the pain of the pinprick and looks up into the sky and sees them circling above. It roars into the sky at them, but then Charlie distracts it by jumping up onto the Lythronax, which tries to grab him and throw him off, failing to do so. Soon, I start firing tranq darts from Ancient Rose. The Lythronax doesn't know what to do about the ranged attacks from Yang and I, and begins to focus on the Deinonychus attacking it. About two minutes later, it finally drops to the ground, succumbing to the tranquilization. Yang's very excited, eagerly beginning the taming process. Then came the process of waiting...and waiting....bleh, at least I brought something to keep me occupied. A book! Specifically, inspired by Annie's notes, we actually started writing our memoirs of our time on the Island. I write everything recounting our events on the island, our own perspectives on things...and I note how in-detail I can get about certain events, like the raptor attack where I met Ember. Makes me wonder if I could write a book... Yang, on the other hand...I don't even know what she's doing...I look up, and I see the raptors and Quru controlling the perimeter...but Yang is nowhere. I stand up off the log of driftwood I was sitting on and look around...she's...nowhere. I remember specifically seeing her on the other side of the Lythro... so I'm looking down as I walk around to the other side of the Lytrho and-

I am the Sand Guardian, Guardian of the Sand.”

...I-I...I just die, i'm sorry, that's the only way I can describe it. I start laughing so hard because of Yang...she's buried her entire body in the sand, the only thing poking above it is her head. “What are you doing?!” I say, laughing hysterically.

Yo, what am I to do during such a long time?”

Read a book! Write something!”

I must be entertained. I haven't read a decent book in forever. I couldn't find anything neat and I didn't want to bother you...so I dug a hole.”

Are you...Standing?!”

“Nah, layin' down on my back.”

“I...I've been practically writing this whole time. Have you been keeping an eye on his food and torpor and stuff?”

“Yup.”

How? Your arm's buried.”

Ey, I buried myself with my right hand covering my implant. I just give it a little tap and it still works.”

“You lie!”

Just then, a blue screen emits from the ground below, to my shock, for a few seconds, before disappearing. Yang has a grin that stretches ear-to-ear. “Wait, HOW?!” I ask, still laughing.

Don't question my Yang Ingenuity!” She says.

But your hair! And you just took a shower!”

I don't care!! I was bored! All boredom and no fun makes Yang Xiao Long a dull girl! Loco one, too!”

My god, sis. WHY.”

BOREDOM! Although, I think I'll take a nice swim at the beach before my topless tanning.”

“Oh boy.” I say “You're really going to?”

“Ey, bottoms too. I'm avoiding ALL tan lines. I must make use of our own PRIVATE dinosaur island.”

And you said 'This won't be all fun and games playing with plant-eating dinosaurs and eating fried dodo bird tenders', right?”

It is on Cragg's Island!”

Suuure....because we totally own the place after only a month.”

FIGHT ME!”

Yang, no.”

“Then don't complain!!”

Alright, alright!”

Just then, Yang's patience pays off, as her Lythronax wakes up from unconsciousness, standing onto it's feet. Yang springs onto her feet from being underground, sending sand flying everywhere, causing me to bring up my hands to cover my face. “VICTORY!!!!” Yang cheers at the top of her lungs, arms raised into the air. She raises such a commotion she startles my raptors and Quru. She dashes right up to her Lythro and bear-hugs it's snout. Just then, it suddenly sneezes from the sand on her getting to it's nose, causing her to fall on her butt. I laugh “That's what ya get, sandy!” I mock. Yang gets up and hastily brushes herself off. “Ok, I get it. Boredom can come back at ya. I don't care though. Mini T-rex!!”

Sabertoothed Mini T-rex.”

Same difference!”

So? What's his name?”

Name?...With teeth like that....Blade.”

Blade? Works for me!”

Yang insisted on riding Blade back to base bareback. Once we got back, I pounded out Blade's saddle in my smithy, giving it to Yang, who put the saddle on Blade, then went upstairs to take a shower and get her hair trimmed by Blake, now feeling confident having seen Blake's haircuts on everybody else. Weiss's hair is now back to normal, and so is Blake's own hair. Weiss went off to tend to the garden as I stayed in the workshop for the rest of the day, hammering out a few more projects.

I turn Yang around so she can see the mirror. “Well?” I ask. “Does it meet your high standards?”. Yang tilts her head, looking at her hair from all angles. She smiles. “Heh, yep. Nice job Blake: you have my permission to touch my hair from now on.”

I feel so privileged.” I say with a bit of a smile.

You should.”

I take the towel off of Yang and put it to the side. “So, what's next on your agenda?” I ask.

Gonna go get Weiss. We're gonna go start sunbathing.”

Huh. She's ok about it you avoiding tanning lines?”

“Yeah, I convinced her to do the same.”

I'm staring at Yang for about a fraction of a second, then blink a few times quickly. “You're...serious?”

Yep. Victory for the private island's privacy!”

...I guess.” I say with a sigh and smile. “You two enjoy yourselves.”

Ey, It's a bona-fide fact: blondes tan better than white-hairs.”

If that's the case. I'm planning on going somewhere with Ruby if she's interested.”

“Eh? Really?”

“Yeah. I want to do a bit of territory scouting.”

Just come back safe, now.” Yang says, standing. “See ya, and good luck.”

Thank you.”

I clean up after the last haircut for a while, then head out to Ruby's workshop. I can hear the banging of metal on the inside. With Raven on my shoulder, I open the door and look inside. Ruby's pounding away on a plate of metal, as she wears a pair of goggles to protect herself from the flying embers as she pounds the heated plate. She lifts it up off the anvil carefully with a metal grasping device, then dips it in a small container of cool water. “Hey, Ruby?” I ask, letting her know I'm there. She looks my way, lifting the goggles off of her head. “Hi, Blake!” she says.

What are you up to now?”

“Finally finishing the Flak-metal armor.” she says “I made yours and mine already, Weiss's is cooling down, and this here is one of the shoulder pads for Yang's...it's coming along. What's up?”

I was wondering if you wanted to go adventuring with me for a little bit.”

Oh, sure!” she says, taking the goggles off, and whistling behind her. Robin flies down from some of the rafters and lands on her shoulder. “Where we going?” Ruby asks.

“I just want to explore the swamps to the north a little bit. If they're the quickest way to the Great Peak, maybe we could do a little recon to see if we can find a safe route.”

No problem! Guess I can get Gustave, he should be good for swamp travel.”

I was personally thinking about using Bari, but bringing White along for support. The more we have to fend off possible enemies, the better.”

Sounds like a plan to me!” she says smiling, then points to an armor rack behind her. “Get your chestpiece off the rack over there. I'll meet you at the river with Gustave, alright?”

Sure, no problem...guess you're going to test your grappling hooks as a quick way down the cliff?”

“I've tested them already.” She says with a big smile, pulling out a crossbow and putting it on her free shoulder. “They're addicting. Seriously, I found myself having too much fun with these things.”

As long as they're working fine. Take a few for me too, just in case?”

“Sure, happy to!”

thank you.”

I go to the rack to put get my new piece of metal armor, as Ruby heads out of her shop and begins to use a grapple hook to repel down the cliff face to our other fenced area below, to get Gustave. It takes me about a full minute to put on my armor, then I head out of Ruby's workshop, closing the doors behind me, then whistling for Bari and White. I mount Bari and begin to head out one of the smaller gates in our perimeter walls, heading down towards the river. Sure enough, there's Ruby on the back of a saddled Gustave, who basks in the sun, with her on his back. “You sure you're wanting to go with me and do this?” I ask Ruby.

“Yeah!” she says happily “You need somebody to get your back, and I'd love to explore new territory on the ARK with ya!...although, ya know...Swamps having...giant leeches.”

Leeches are mainly aquatic creatures.” I state “I think that as long as we keep moving, they won't be able to latch onto us...especially if we're quicker than they are.”

What if they evolved to be torpedo leeches?”

“That...” I pause for a moment. “...That would be terrifying.”

We might just have to go the long way!”

Perhaps. Yet, there's only one way to find out, Ruby. Are you ready?”

“Born for adventuring!” Ruby says with a smile, unsheathing Ancient Rose, and pointing it in the air in front of her. “Gustave, HO!!!!!!”

With that, Gustave slowly rises off the ground and begins slowly walking forwards on land. It's actually fairly funny, and I actually take a second to fight off my laughter. Then, White, Bari and I follow after Ruby and the ever-slow Gustave, as we venture on to an explored region: the swamp. We've never been that far inland before, and I can't help but be curious of what new creatures we'll see. Once we cross our bridge it will be foreign territory. Time to explore, and find a safe way to the Great Peak.

You are at 193 pages so far. Getting better all the time.

For the benefit of the readers, Ark actually has the Super Test Meat. It's ID number is 183 and can be stacked to 20. Unfortunately, it has a spoil time of two minute. It will instant tame an unconscious creature. Makes so much more sense in your story that it is a very rare item that has an infinite shelf life. At present, to obtain it, you have to cheat. http://ark.gamepedia.com/Super_Test_Meat%28Raw%29

The bridge made it. Yea. I envision your bridge more like the one I built across Drayo's Cove. Take your time in your story. Maybe, have them take the challenge of the Swamp Cave as they search for more clues. There is a You Tube video of a tribe's attempt. That cave is beautiful and incredibly nasty with double level enemies. My Spino got 30 stacks of raw meat from fishing in the cove last night.

NV2DGAb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xdrone said:

Just waiting for YOUR holiday, while i am rotting with boreness

T_T that's it.

I am doing this because I feel like sharing something i'm doing with you guys. I'm not doing this to serve you, oh mighty Xdrone! If you're so damn bored because I can't fit my lifetime into your more important schedule, then screw off. I'm pinned down because of more important things than writing a damn fanfiction. This is literally stuff that determines my future, and my future career. I love the fact that you enjoy my fanfiction, but your incompetence to understand I have more important things to do is highly irritating, infantile, and intolerable.

If you're that inconsiderate to what i'm doing because I can't fit your schedule, then unfollow this post and GTFO. T_T

OR,

look into other fanfictions. Kaprodonychus's ARK: Rising Obelisks and Ripcardi's Return to ARK are both very well made, and I've been recently having conversations with them about their work (Especially Kaprodon *wink-wink nudge-nudge poke-poke*)

those are your options. I've said my piece. Now excuse me as I study for my god damn precalculus final exam >_>

1 hour ago, Shadlos said:

T_T that's it.

I am doing this because I feel like sharing something i'm doing with you guys. I'm not doing this to serve you, oh mighty Xdrone! If you're so damn bored because I can't fit my lifetime into your more important schedule, then screw off. I'm pinned down because of more important things than writing a damn fanfiction. This is literally stuff that determines my future, and my future career. I love the fact that you enjoy my fanfiction, but your incompetence to understand I have more important things to do is highly irritating, infantile, and intolerable.

If you're that inconsiderate to what i'm doing because I can't fit your schedule, then unfollow this post and GTFO. T_T

OR,

look into other fanfictions. Kaprodonychus's ARK: Rising Obelisks and Ripcardi's Return to ARK are both very well made, and I've been recently having conversations with them about their work (Especially Kaprodon *wink-wink nudge-nudge poke-poke*)

those are your options. I've said my piece. Now excuse me as I study for my god damn precalculus final exam >_>

1 hour ago, rpicardi1 said:

Agreed. There are many other things in our lives that demand our time, things that have priority over sitting in front of a computer composing fan fiction.

I too agree. I have good plans for my fan fic as well as its possible episodes/new fan fics, but I can't put it all in one plate. That's why us authors usually post one chapter or so a week or two; cause we have work or school. To all of you readers out here, we really love you guys. We love your feedback, your love towards the fan fics and of course, we love that you take your own time to read them too (my gf started getting into my fan fic a few weeks back which REALLY makes me happy) but Please remember that we too have work and jobs that need to be done. Just a little patience and everything can go smoothly :) 

now a personal message for Shadlos...wink wink, nudge nudge, poke poke.

I dont remember saying u write it becuz u serve me or something. Or maybe something else made u think that. Just trying to express how much stress i have and i need spmething to cheer up. Good luck on your god damn exam, while i have to study for the same god damn thing 2 weeks later.

PS: Please dont be ridiculas, if i havent read ark rising obseliks and return to ark, i will keep on asking for chapters everyday:) good luck on your things, and ACE the exam! I know you can do it!

• 3 weeks later...

Work's been a pain, and I've been focusing on my other RWBY fanfiction, but this is a good wakeup call to get back on RWBY's ARK. I'll start hammering it out through the weekend, despite the fact I work. Between managing TWO tribes across two different servers, and a bunch of other things, all my writing has been left in the dust.

Also this fanfiction does have a development/fangroup tribe, if I could get more people on it, it would be good to help keep people posted on development processes.

As for ETA of next chapter?....hopefully by sunday. Sorry X_x

Hello everybody I have a quick announcement.

When it comes to my Hiatus with writing the story, it is because of the new biome update. The next part of the story is going to take place at the Great Peak, also known as the grand Peak to some. However this area is going to be changing into the Redwoods Forest. I am simply waiting until this update drops so I can see and explore the environment firsthand and see how it will affect my story. If the environment changes to drastically I will at the very least combined the current Great Peak with the Redwood Forest Area. However I will see if I can try and incorporate the non redwoods Forest part of what I have already written as its own chapter. If not then I apologize.

Thank you and keep surviving!

Archived