Ragnarok release TIME:

Gordonark77

We haven't been given enough details to know what time on the 29th that things will drop. I mean...it's just gonna be one large patch. We'll just have to wait and see when things happen or if they give anymore news about specific times.

If it helps, WC tends to do everything by PST (Pacific Standard Time). So I guess uh...at the latest the UKer's can expect something by at the very least 8am on the 30th (early morning the next day basically)? Personally I wouldn't even hold my breath over it though, but they did say that the 29th is a hard date and any more delays would be costly to WC. So unless some emergency happens, we should expect it on the 29th.

3 hours ago, Gordonark77 said:

I understand that ragnaroks release is the 29th of august but what time will that actually be available UK time zone? And will ragnarok be releasing at same time as new servers?

I guess they could conceivably add the launch update and rag as separate patches, but that seems pretty unlikely. My best guess is that they want to release no later than ~10ish AM EST: about the time that folks that buy the game in stores on day one will realistically log in for the first time. I'm not really sure how many people are waiting for Gamestop to open on Tuesday morning to buy a game that's been in EA for years though, so it may not be a huge priority to hit that.

WC is a also a company that has a long history of saying, "the server will restart in 15 minutes for update," and 3 hours later it's still running with no update. I don't think WC is going to miss their launch date again, but thinking they're going to dial it in to the minute or hour is pretty much just wishful thinking. It might be close if they're announcing it no more than a day or two ahead of time, but even then I'd not hold my breath or even plan my day around it personally.

Archived