platform saddles joke?

Avaraxius

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
On 8/16/2017 at 8:34 AM, Avaraxius said:

- Platform Saddles are now limited to maximum 40 saddles per tribe. Each platform saddle (with structures) counts as 19 tribe tame slots (?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=19 & ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=40).

this is a joke right limit ok but also 19 tame slots per platform saddle with structure. So this way there is a performance gain on servers?

Yes, it does help on server performance. There is no need to debate why it does. The simple answer is just yes it does help.

3 minutes ago, 1david25 said:

Yes, it does help on server performance. There is no need to debate why it does. The simple answer is just yes it does help.

The simple answer is you were told to say it helps but weren't told why because it's a bogus claim.

Back in the day our Island server hit tame cap - true to life tame cap - and we had no issues performance-wise that weren't already there well before the cap was reached. 

This isn't the answer. Better servers - that's the answer.

Too true. All of these tweaks, forced,  unneeded changes, and server performance is worse than ever. Render distance ruined, non stop lag, rubberbanding for 5-10 minutes at a time with 14 people online, the constant lies about ddos protection, and the lies about duping prevention,...

I guess you cant blame the mods for spreading disinformation if the devs blatantly lie to them.

I would become disgusted with my employer and look elsewhere after this much deceit. 

But. The mods are not allowed to say that the developers lie about stuff.

On 8/16/2017 at 9:42 AM, Toni said:

You wanna servers with good performance? Or you wanna laggy/rubberbanding/crashing servers like its now?

Some times it needs to restrict some things which are eating much performance. For ark the platforms/tamed dinos and rafts are eating the most performance. So it makes sense to limit this things.

I agree. 

Theres more than one thing they're trying to accomplish here, but I agree. 

Except every restriction on tames, adding platform saddle limit, timer for upload, all of these things, server performance has gotten worse.

Logged onto my old legacy server to look around. 11 people on server. Ping was 66.

Logged onto my current non legacy server. 14 people online. Ping was 188.

Something is bad wrong with the new repurposed servers. Bad.

v271.0

- Game.ini [ShooterGameMode] bUseTameLimitForStructuresOnly config option, which if true will make Tame Units only be applied and used for Platforms with Structures and Rafts. Defaults false. Tame Units on Non-Legacy Official PvP now have this true (thus in effect disabling Tame Units for Dinos without Platform Structures).

Problem solved if you have your own server or if you are single player

On 11/8/2017 at 4:58 AM, 1david25 said:

Where does it help server performance the weekends are even worse then it ever was on the legacy servers even with low player count .

Serious you might hit tame cap by using the plaform Count but do you  seriously think that your tame count will effect your neighbours and the alt doZens of alt alliances server dino vaults?

This has nada effect... on server performance.

Archived