Solo breeding

Shaolin

I know this topic is probably well covered but I just want to personally comment how broken solo breeding is.

I am 1 of 3 in my tribe but I like to earn my stripes and do things by myself. We play official centre map and since they messed around with the timers I am really struggling to raise babies by myself. Like many other people in the world I have to work and have a family, I cant be on here 24/7 watching babies grow till adulthood and I shouldn't need to.

I hatched two Allos Friday, happy they had mutes too, I raised them till they were 10% and then left them to feed from the troughs. Last night I put meat in 3 troughs and filled it to the brim, this was near midnight. I woke up this morning and one had died and the other is absolutely fine, all the meat had spoiled. This never used to be a problem before they messed around with timers. I could wake up in the morning load up my feeders before I walked out the door to work and then when I get home the feeders would just about be drying up and I could refresh them, cant do that anymore and I have to message my tribe mates to see if they are on to replenish them for me. Same overnight, I used to be able to fill up feeders wake up and be in time to refill.

WC need to understand people have lives outside this game and solo breeding for a lot of people now just isnt an option unless you have days free to keep checking on your dinos so they dont starve.Its ridiculous. Needs to be fixed because a long with everything else they try and fix, it ends up even more broken!

On the other end of the scale we have herbivores, I filled up a feeder with mejos and not even half have been eaten by my baby therazine and anky... 

like i said it's for the rich one.. a gimmick for an easier life if you have already too much, a poor design and gives the player at the offical servers with normal rates an idea where the balancing train will arrive only four weeks left til release and at release i bet their will be a lot more reviews cause no more excuse the game is at early access.

It's not useless. It would fix the spoiling time issues, you have now using a normal Trough, but the price is high and only reachable if you already have a lot of breeds to kill the bosses. It's obviously a poor design of balance.

This topic is quite sad... you have mates, however you don't ask for their help. Ark is a tribe game, catered for tribes. Im also in a 3 man tribe, we all have jobs and families, and still we just raised 10 giga babies. We dont have tek trough yet, but we have more thsn enough element to make it, just need to kill the gorilla again :)

Yes this is official PvP.

Maybe you need a private server with more manageable rates for your solo play.

4 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Does cooked meat have a slower spoil time ? if so could this be your answer ?

I wonder if people who have to go afk for a long ammount of time dont fill like 4 troughs raw and 4 troughs cooked.... and then they complain their babies starved....

There is jerky, there is dodo kibble, these are more work, but they would definitely keep your dinos from starving. 

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

Soooooo a solo player could breed 12 rexes lvl 250+ and go fight the boss on his own? No? I didn't think so

As previous people have said, can use cooked meat and dodo kibble to assist in the raise. And if you use 2 days on the weekend the last 2 would be real easy. Also, I am a solo tribe. If theres a boss I can't do I just recruit people on the forums. Besides that you can do manticore with tamed rexes. 

Just now, AlphaCarno said:

As previous people have said, can use cooked meat and dodo kibble to assist in the raise. And if you use 2 days on the weekend the last 2 would be real easy. Also, I am a solo tribe. If theres a boss I can't do I just recruit people on the forums. Besides that you can do manticore with tamed rexes. 

Recruiting people is blatantly not solo

Archived