PC v257 Update, Volcano Changes, & New Music Teasers!

Jen

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just so tired of people complaining about this flyer nerf. It's not like there aren't other dinos that can get you across the island. And with more weight and speed (that doesn't break the game coding). Take a galli or equus or speed rex or any number of things. Hell build a road to your nearest metal spawn so you have clear to and from routes. There are many other ways to play this game besides flyers. 

I'm tired of people putting up with the flyer nerf.  they just added more time into farming. no matter the route you choose, be it ground or air now.  and of course there are other dinos to get you across the island, although no where near as efficient. but with the rubber banding and everything else that is amplified 1000x on ground dinos that ruins that option. who in their right mind would build a road to the metal nodes. i use a 300% movement speed thylo and still far slower than my flyers in getting to point A to point B. 

2 hours ago, Sandmanbakery said:

I'm just so tired of people complaining about this flyer nerf. It's not like there aren't other dinos that can get you across the island. And with more weight and speed (that doesn't break the game coding). Take a galli or equus or speed rex or any number of things. Hell build a road to your nearest metal spawn so you have clear to and from routes. There are many other ways to play this game besides flyers. 

Amazing you can still talk with your lips firmly pressed to Wildcard's metaphorical rear end.

So my first thoughts were 1 was going to be the tek cave, two and three were going to be the first and second phases of the final boss battle, and four was going to be the ascension process; but then I realized that they all end sort of abruptly and 3 and 4 sound kind of similar. It could be that 3 and 4 are part of the same song, and 1 and 2 also are (1 and 2 playing in the tek cave, and 3 and 4 playing during the boss battle). Or maybe it is all parts of the same song, which will play during the final boss battle.

VOLCANO - I am really looking forward to the volcano in this patch, it sounds great from what I can tell. I know a ton of people who use the volcano for farming metal because it's simply the safest and most metal-rich place to do so. The other mountains are just as good to farm on, but will there still be metal and other alike resources on the volcano? Maybe the resources are just as plentiful but have that danger of "oh my god it's going to erupt on me". I think that would really be cool.

MUSIC - The new soundtracks sound phenomenal, the first one seeming very futuristic. That leads me to believe it may be the track to the new tek cave. The second is most likely to one of the bosses ( or perhaps the new one??) but it could also be the new and improved battle music. That track is really great so having it happen all the time would be really sweet. The third one sounds to be scorch-like to me, either that or maybe music for the beach biome/ocean/islands? The last track sounds kind of like the third one with the drums beating in the back, but is much more suspenseful. That brings me to believe that it is related to maybe the manticore? 

all in all, I'm loving this patch so far and the tracks sound amazing and to believe that this is only 4 of them, I can't wait for the rest!

On 4/30/2017 at 7:38 AM, Milsurp said:

Y'all also need to consider survivorship bias. Your total population is only those who didn't just friggen leave. The biggest tribes and longest-playing players of our server are gone because of the flyer nerf and apparent uncaring of Wildcard about anything but their "vision". We've lost well over half the population of the server now. If it wasn't still used for occasional streaming by the server owner, I would guess it would be shut down now.

So, how many of those players that left our server bother to come throw in their opinion so you can get good data? I did a search and found one comment by one player after the flyer nerf. One. Oh, and me b*tching from time to time. So that's two out of the entire server.

Yeah. That whole "approval numbers climbing" thing can be completely driven by survivorship bias. When people who don't like something leave, of course you're going to see higher approval percentages in the population that stays.

This does not mean you did something good by driving away players who were happy before your change. It actually means you did something bad and should reverse it to please the majority, not the minority. Pro tip there Wildcard, might want to write it down.

The real object of wildcard is to get new people to buy the game.  If it is impossible (Or next to impossible) to do anything as a new player then what is the point?  Reviews are posted about how it is useless to play because the existing tribes either pillar the place up so you can't build, or they block access to resources and Obs.  

You cannot stay in business and pay developers if no one is buying your game.  

Yes, It sucks starting at nothing and building your empire only to have it neutered as the pre release progresses.  But, for new sales and new users it will balance the field a bit so that they can work their way up too.  Playing PVE is hard enough, but to also have to battle the players as if it were PVP is very frustrating and can leave a bad taste in the mouth of many who would otherwise enjoy and recommend the game to others. 

On 4/27/2017 at 5:06 AM, TranqRex said:

I'm not too sold on the UI myself, not sure it works on console (although I may just need time to get used to it) plus there are definitely some poor colour choices that need to be fixed.

Your wyverns haven't lost any meaningful levels - they've just had the natural speed levels removed, so you've only "lost" those - you've lost nothing other than the number you see displayed on the creature has changed.

Omg the coloring is terrible. To add to all the "breaks" not fixes I am color blind and have to get background coloring to light areas before crafting otherwise it's extremely difficult to see some of the text.

Archived