Supply drops still blocked

Mjsechrest

So it doesn't take long for people to figure new ways to beat the system but now instead of vault dropping and foundations to block drops, there's stacks of 6-7 high pillars raising the drops up in the air. I say whatever and find one free drop nd transfer to another server. These people are even more creative and have 4 metal Dino gates all around the drops so the drop goes down in the middle of the four gates. I give them credit for being innovative but wildcard, please think of a way to make drop points no build zones or simply make them random (which I understand is harder to do)

Are you playing on official? I thought building close to a drop spawn point is not possible anymore. I remember that we had problems, even to place a cupboard in our already existed building (it did not block the drop, but is built right next to one of the two on the volcano rim). I switched that blocking mode of as I play on my own server, but usually building around the dorp spawn points should be impossible.:/

5 minutes ago, Samammo said:

I know it may be annoying to encounter blocked drops, but it secures the server.

the alphas should really be doing what they can to protect the server from raiders. If it is that much of an issue, just ask the people blocking them to pin code a door onto the drops, then they can give out the pin to whoever they trust

Are you really sure, this is the intention? Maybe it is for one out of hundred, but I think mainly they just want to have the drops for themselves (I know I think bad of people sometimes:$)

2 minutes ago, magictina1970 said:

Are you really sure, this is the intention? Maybe it is for one out of hundred, but I think mainly they just want to have the drops for themselves (I know I think bad of people sometimes:$)

I don't think they would want them for themselves, maybe on scorched earth but the drops aren't even worth looking at on the island.

and if the drops are blocked up in the air, unless they want ladders to get them theirselves then it would be almost impossible to land close enough to a drop to open it

Ark Digest 46

Survivor Mendoza also asks, “Will you be considering fully random locations for above ground beacon drops each time they drop and change the collision detection so they don't go through building structures?”

Yeah, that’s a worthwhile change I will likely do in the near future, possibly for the next Major Version update.

40 minutes ago, Samammo said:

I don't think they would want them for themselves, maybe on scorched earth but the drops aren't even worth looking at on the island.

and if the drops are blocked up in the air, unless they want ladders to get them theirselves then it would be almost impossible to land close enough to a drop to open it

I can't remember the last time I checked a drop on the island lol not interested in blueprints for a metal door ????

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

Easy work around.  Tame a Pteri (if you don't already have one), fly up the the drop and hit Y. You'll fly off your bird and gain access to the drop.  Make sure your bird is on follow just to make it easier to grab him and take off.

For the pillars this will work although you'll take a little fall damage depending on the height of them , however for the Dino gated drops you can't fly a ptera in because there's no where to land except directly on top of the drop and you'll get trapped Inside the gates , and you can't access the drop from a platform because the drop is fully enclosed within the metal gates 

1 hour ago, Mjsechrest said:

For the pillars this will work although you'll take a little fall damage depending on the height of them , however for the Dino gated drops you can't fly a ptera in because there's no where to land except directly on top of the drop and you'll get trapped Inside the gates , and you can't access the drop from a platform because the drop is fully enclosed within the metal gates 

Well with the C4 buff taking out those Dino gates should be fairly easy.  For the rest yeah you take a bit of fall damage but not too bad.  My guess is they will get tired of replacing all those dino gates. Other option would of course be to leave and find another server.

3 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Well with the C4 buff taking out those Dino gates should be fairly easy.  For the rest yeah you take a bit of fall damage but not too bad.  My guess is they will get tired of replacing all those dino gates. Other option would of course be to leave and find another server.

I won't disagree , but the idea previously was to make supply drops unblockable and unfortunately this is still the case. Hopefully random spawns coming soon 

1 minute ago, Mjsechrest said:

I won't disagree , but the idea previously was to make supply drops unblockable and unfortunately this is still the case. Hopefully random spawns coming soon 

On my server they blocked all drops with vaults. When WC made it where drops landed on top of the vaults instead of going into the vaults let's just say the alpha was annoyed they wasted all those mat's LOL

Archived