Don't you just love how easy this game is?

Vas

15 hours ago, Vas said:

I mean really.  Once you get a few dinos, the game becomes much easier.  Aside from the trolling mechanisms Wildcard keeps adding in (Troodons, Pegos, Thylos), the game is just uber easy.  Then, you get an electric generator, and you find out electricity in this game is binary.  On, or off.  Stick a hamster in a running wheel and hook up a teeny tiny piece of tin between your hamster wheel and the 57 auto turrets, 12 fridges, 3 industrial forges, 2 fabricators, 4 industrial grills, 1 industrial grinder, and 1 somethingelsethatusestonsofpower...  And boom, all of it turns on.  (I mean, I'm exagerating, because most of these things don't use electricity because the devs already know how badly balanced the game is...)  But it doesn't stop there!

I go out with a pickaxe, in pelt gear.  Mining just a little in the snow biome.  For 10 minutes I go pickaxing oil rocks and throw out the stone.  I go back to base, put it in the forge.  10 more minutes later or so, I got 3 months of fuel for my generator.  Literally, 3 months of fuel.  2,400 fuel, which is about 100 days of fuel for a single generator.  Now I can power an infinite amount of anything connected to that electrical network for 100 days.  Just with 10 minutes of mining and 10-15minutes of "smelting".

That same 1 fuel you make in the industrial forge, can make you 2,400 more fuel if you have all the materials in there.  15 minutes of fuel to create 160 hours of fuel, I mean thats just assuming you use that fuel in the forge to keep the forge going.  Essentially the forge can keep its self running forever and ever if you just throw some hide and oil in it occasionally.

--- Log edited to remove curse words --- --- Staff: Log posted with permission ---
10:22 PM - Vas: Well, we now have infinite fuel.
10:24 PM - Vas: I have 33.33 days worth of fuel in the generator rightnow.
10:25 PM - Sexy Dinosaur™: lol
10:25 PM - Sexy Dinosaur™: why?
10:25 PM - Sexy Dinosaur™: how
10:25 PM - Vas: 1 fuel lasts 1 hour
10:25 PM - Vas: I can fit 800 fuel in the generator.
10:25 PM - Vas: I just went down and collected oil.  40 oil + 100 hide = 100 fuel.
10:25 PM - Vas: I collected 3 months of ful with a pickaxe.
10:26 PM - Vas: In 10 minutes.
10:26 PM - Vas: Goes to show how the game logic works with electricity.  This game's totally balanced. </sarcasm>
10:28 PM - Sexy Dinosaur™: meh

This is just with electricity though.  The game is a grindfest, but its easy.  Tame the right dino, and grinding takes less time (but its still a grindfest, its just an easy grindfest).  Once you achieve a collection hoard of the right dinos, Doed, Beaver, Anklo, Bear, Rex/Giga, Quetz.  You've got everything you need to become a beta tribe and you're well on your way to becoming an Alpha tribe.

This is where the only challenge comes in.  If you're in PVE, you've won the game.  If you're in PVP, the alpha usually wipes people who get too powerful and won't join them.  You never reach Beta without the Alpha finding you and determining if you're a threat first.  If you're in a PVP server however, you'll no doubt have noticed that the game's only difficult parts, are the server hopping trolls who come through and blow you all stone or less bases for giggles and fun just cause they love griefing and Wildcard has no idea what to do about it because they only focus on PVE which is still, uber easy.

I wish someone at Wildcard would take a break, look at their game.  Watch some gameplay videos.  Look at the mods section for the first time ever and consider "Should we try to add some of these great mods, like S+, to the base game?" "Should we consider re-doing electricity in the game to make some sense?" "Should we consider limiting the ability to travel between arks to stop server hopping trolls?"

I mean, wow.  3 thoughts that if they actually thought about, would improve the game 10 fold.  Why?

1. Mods like S+ focus on making the game better for the users, based on the wishes of the users who don't like the current game.  If the devs notice an obscenely high amount of people using a mod, it probably means that, not only is the mod well done, but its something the players might want.

2. Electricity in the game, makes alphas uber powerful because it is binary.  On or Off.  There's no watts, no volts, no amps.  Its just throw a gas in the generator and everything turns on.  What would happen, if generators only produced 1.5 kilowatts with that 1 fuel, for the next hour?  Now your turrets idle take 20 watts at low range, 45 watts at medium range, 100 watts at high range.  Firing, they take an additional 100 watts during their firing period.  Say you have 20 turrets on your base, all set to high range.  Thats 2 kilowatts idle.  5 of your turrets won't be able to turn on, and if someone flies in range, only 7 of your turrets can fire at once.  But wait, you also have seven 150 watt fridges, and an electric fabricator that takes 375 watts (divided 1.5kw by 4).  Oh and you've got other electric things all over your base like all those omni lamps that take 75 watts each and a few lamps 20 watts each as well as an elevator which uses no electricity unless its in use.  Holy crap, that 1 generator, is no longer enough to power your base!  A whole new gameplay mechanic has been added by this one idea I came up with, ON THE SPOT!  This can make things like windmills better too, because instead of randomly shutting down electricity in your grid because of where your windmill is located, you can fluctuate the output instead between 0 watts and 2.6kw peak.  Allowing you to add solar panels to the game, requiring a user to take up a large amount of space like their roof for solar generation of 50 watts per ceiling tile/foundation of solar surface area!  Lots of possibilities.  With the new Tek Generator, thats a whole new ball game of magic power that I can't balance yet without testing it myself.

3. Well, this one's obvious.  Server hopping trolls plague the Official Community, offline raiding people's bases all the time because its funny to them to cause grief.  Like those people who go around and blow up people's houses on Minecraft cause "LOL he's gonna be so pissed when he gets back"....  So what if we put a system up that stops a user from leaving a server, if they have recently destroyed another player's object, or killed another player's dino?  Stacking it to punish griefers more harshly than someone who accidentally destroyed or killed a thing.  Well, now these server hoppers can't leave the server they just attacked, and must wait till the cooldown timer expires and hope that no players on the server ever find his body.  It gives players a chance, to catch the bad guy, and stops him from visiting 12 servers a day wrecking havoc on people.  What my personal thoughts are on balancing this, is destroying thatch things, is 15 minutes for each.  Wood, 1 hour.  Stone, 3 hours. Metal, 12 hours.  With thatch, wood, stone, these things max out at a 5 day timer.  Destroying Tek counts as Metal tier for destruction.  An exception to this rule, is if you declare war first, in which case you have a 24 hour period before you can safely damage anything in that person's base and you won't get a timer.  This at least requires you to stay in the server for 24 hours before you begin attacking someone, giving them time to prepare.  This option would only be used by people who legitimately want to do battle, instead of offline raid like pansies.  The only people who'd hate this rule, are griefers.

I know this topic has suggestions in it, but its in General, because its more of a rant.  I like to explain my views on things, and express my vision for something.  I continue to look into ways of starting my own server where I can try to get someone to help with a custom total conversion mod that makes the game closer to what it should have been with a friendly and meaningful community of PVPers rather than offline raiding trolls and cheating scum that plague official servers and BattleEye does nothing to stop it.  This game could be so much more, and I hope one day, it is.  However right now, its disappointingly easy, and only rewards those who have no job and no life who can sit there playing the game 24/7.  I'm one of those people by the way, being disabled and stuck home all day.  So I know just how it benefits people like me who can play constantly, and those who can't are left behind in the dust.  (E.G. A friend and I join a server, he plays for 4 hours, goes to bed, wakes up, goes to work, gets home from work.  He's a level 15 before he logs off, and when he logs on, I'm a level 63 with a massive base with several dinos already spamming the area.)

Ah well, thats the end of my rant, hope someone enjoys something from this rambling nonsense.

well here we go  with the negative narrative, yeah once you get used too be king of the jungle its gets boring doesnt it? hmm..  you are so simply yet so open about it. and stil complaining. like you have worked hard day in day out for a week or 2 then another 2 weeks and u gain more and more, yeah ofc things becomes easy after you done the leveling and the grind.. like DILO you spoiled? oh i managed too spend 6 hours taming a quetzal godamnthe game is suddenly easy on pve becus noone can raid me mwhahah.. ??? yeah ofc thats why people that wanna finish the archivements wanna play pve, forget it on pvp if youre not alpha becus raptor that impossible alone. so whats your point again?

15 hours ago, Vas said:

Why do you need 15?  You can just run power lines to each area and power everything off of one base.  The reason you do 15 is because power lines are weak points, and gathering fuel is uber easy, am I right?

With the Official Servers always running XP boosted weekends and such?  No, it really is that easy.  I mean they did a permanent 2x multiplier on servers, and now they do an additional 1.5x weekend which boosts that even further to 3x boost.  So yes, 10 minutes of mining on a weekend gets you 3 months of fuel, and thats with a pickaxe.  Most people just do flybys on a quetz with an Anklo which gives much more than a pickaxe.

I can prove it, if I had to.  I join your server assuming Official, join your tribe, you take me out there to get oil.  I come back with enough oil to dump into your Industrial Forge that will get you 3 months of fuel for one generator.

EDIT: Mind you, I was using a JM Pickaxe.  Figured I'd mention in case that matters.

thats exactly the point, the game isnt run based on how often you gotta gather oil LOL that is just a minor part of the whole aspect of surviving.. and yes oil last only 1 hour per 1, big deal? meat spoileds in 6 mintues, basiclly if you have a bunch and have the decent computer too rendered it all in and not dc, well default meat grind begins.. and get turrents and defense, onces you are defended its what its like been not attacked, youre lacking getting wiped every week dude. 

So, I like many of your ideas OP and I think you're headed I the right direction. However, I wouldn't go suggesting we change things to make things take longer in the pursuit of realism in a video game. You could possibly handle the additional amount of time it takes to keep your generator filled but for some of us the game already takes up enough of our time. On a good, regular night, I get a maximum of 2 hours to play. I already have to do a lot of menial tasks to keep things running smoothly, who wants to add more time doing the stuff no one enjoys? But like I said for the most part I agree with you. I've had the same thought as you about electricity and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that become a little more complicated. Not incredibly so, but slightly. Just to the point where it would require multiple generators to power a base of decent size. Server transfers I don't even wanna talk about. That system is so messed up it's stupid. Wandering alpha tribes constantly destroying my bases is why I left official servers to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

well here we go  with the negative narrative, yeah once you get used too be king of the jungle its gets boring doesnt it? hmm..  you are so simply yet so open about it. and stil complaining. like you have worked hard day in day out for a week or 2 then another 2 weeks and u gain more and more, yeah ofc things becomes easy after you done the leveling and the grind.. like DILO you spoiled? oh i managed too spend 6 hours taming a quetzal godamnthe game is suddenly easy on pve becus noone can raid me mwhahah.. ??? yeah ofc thats why people that wanna finish the archivements wanna play pve, forget it on pvp if youre not alpha becus raptor that impossible alone. so whats your point again?

You do realize, you can edit quotes and not quote the entire thing, right?

Or you could have not quoted at all, simply because you came here to complain about my rant and flood it with typos and even double posted.

Seems your from Norway, however, you seem to have misunderstood everything here.  I don't think there is anything I can say to make you understand.  I don't think you've actually gotten that far in the game to realize how easy it is.

The first time you play, it all seems hard.  Then you figure out how things work, and it becomes easy.  Next time you play, even starting at level 1, its super easy.  Even more so, the devs make it easier and easier as time passes rather than balancing.

heheehehehe omg so funny man yeah sorry my drunkness gets my typos the better of me LUL,  still my point is valid,

i soloed 3 metal bases with 20 plus dinos on pvp on 3 differ servers. now dont have too tell me how it all works because ive seen and felt it. i know how it all autoes out ive even know how too get titanboa eggs farming up and going and many others doesnt know how and why. the caves lack drops and the lack of entertainment there is from drops isnt fun either, the game is just a meat grind onces youre protected and metal farming for extras.. please tell me more.. i never tamed a dragon wyurn because i didnt buy dumb dlcs that was already i knew was lacking stuff ..(also i just joined a tribe with 6 of them )  still people jumped on it like hawks thinking it would change anything. some youtubers even gone on mod servers and afking haha. yeah you where saying?am not negative too you in anyway, just saying yes i know the game is easy but not solo either way, you need time and workers. try go pvp server and solo that poop see how far you get :)

5 minutes ago, TheShieldWolf said:

So, I like many of your ideas OP and I think you're headed I the right direction. However, I wouldn't go suggesting we change things to make things take longer in the pursuit of realism in a video game. You could possibly handle the additional amount of time it takes to keep your generator filled but for some of us the game already takes up enough of our time. On a good, regular night, I get a maximum of 2 hours to play. I already have to do a lot of menial tasks to keep things running smoothly, who wants to add more time doing the stuff no one enjoys? But like I said for the most part I agree with you. I've had the same thought as you about electricity and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that become a little more complicated. Not incredibly so, but slightly. Just to the point where it would require multiple generators to power a base of decent size. Server transfers I don't even wanna talk about. That system is so messed up it's stupid. Wandering alpha tribes constantly destroying my bases is why I left official servers to begin with.

Well I know that people can't play for a long duration of time, it seems however that everyone thinks they have to play this game solo.  Why does everyone say "I have to grind this this that"?  You join a tribe, the tribe helps grind the stuff you all need.  Everyone works together.  Do you solo it RL?  Are you out there in the woods with a thatch house in real life wandering the wilderness killing beasts for food, creating fertilizer for your plants, skinning them for your clothing, etc etc, all solo and not buying anything at all with any of our civilized currency?  No, you're not.  You buy food at the market, which someone else slaughtered, another someone else processed it, another someone else packaged it and delivered it, another someone else put it on the shelf for you to buy.  This is why you can't learn every engram in the game, you're supposed to work with others.  Though with two people, you can learn every engram in the game.  One focusing on structures, the other on saddles and armor.  3 people would be ideal as it takes a long time to get to that point of learning everything.

Another thing, a game can have realism in it, without being totally real.  Every time someone suggests something in the name of realism, someone else goes "LOL ITS A VIDEO GAME" as if no video games can ever have any science... I made a mod once for realism in another game.  People whined and complained about how horrible it is.  Yet, they all loved it and used it.  It'd be more popular than that, if I wasn't angry at the game and would update the mod.  It still works, it just needs some tweaks for improvements.

Anyway, I'm watching a movie with my mate, so I'll continue this later. :P

10 minutes ago, Vas said:

Well I know that people can't play for a long duration of time, it seems however that everyone thinks they have to play this game solo.  Why does everyone say "I have to grind this this that"?  You join a tribe, the tribe helps grind the stuff you all need.  Everyone works together.  Do you solo it RL?  Are you out there in the woods with a thatch house in real life wandering the wilderness killing beasts for food, creating fertilizer for your plants, skinning them for your clothing, etc etc, all solo and not buying anything at all with any of our civilized currency?  No, you're not.  You buy food at the market, which someone else slaughtered, another someone else processed it, another someone else packaged it and delivered it, another someone else put it on the shelf for you to buy.  This is why you can't learn every engram in the game, you're supposed to work with others.  Though with two people, you can learn every engram in the game.  One focusing on structures, the other on saddles and armor.  3 people would be ideal as it takes a long time to get to that point of learning everything.

Another thing, a game can have realism in it, without being totally real.  Every time someone suggests something in the name of realism, someone else goes "LOL ITS A VIDEO GAME" as if no video games can ever have any science... I made a mod once for realism in another game.  People whined and complained about how horrible it is.  Yet, they all loved it and used it.  It'd be more popular than that, if I wasn't angry at the game and would update the mod.  It still works, it just needs some tweaks for improvements.

Anyway, I'm watching a movie with my mate, so I'll continue this later. :P

yeah go do that, well that part in beginning about making poop for fertilizer yes ive done it alone i have 1k hours in this game, and irealized its a unmanageablefor me as a solo player :) they game becomes easy after joining 10 others that already grinded IT FOR YOU ...... holy fak this logic. yeah ark is tribe game too make it easier and playable. but as 1-4  people sure its alot harder too sustain..........

Don't come to the forums to argue against people if you're drunk and can't even type straight.

I've always played with less than 4 people, and I'm always the tribe leader.  I do the grinding usually so my friends can enjoy, I just ask that they assist me every so often.  So before you claim logic of me finding it easy because people do it for me, I do most of the work, and the work is easy.

17 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Looks like someone has a boosted server, 10mins and 3 months of fuel give us a break.

Lmao dude its because he literally runs his base off of one single generatoe. Find a weak point in this guys base blow through a wall destrpy his gennie his defenses are all down easy mode. It seems to me he plays PvE which has made the game very boring

6 hours ago, Vas said:

Alphas can be challenged?  No, not really.  It means mega super alphas like the one in OfficialServer47 who owns 2-3 servers now.  A chinese alpha came by and wiped half their base using cheats too.

My idea however doesn't stop alphas from being challenged, it just stops griefers from griefing so badly.

I didn't mean to say electricity should be more expensive, I said it should be more logical.  I mean, this would make windmills useful again because they won't just shut off randomly anymore, you'll just need to build more to support your setup.  This also means you won't just be able to build one electrical generator to power upwards of 75 turrets set on long range and 20 fridges and lots of other things.  So yea, it may increase your grind, but it makes it more difficult on alphas than just "plop one down, mine for 5 minutes, have it powered for a month".

It doesn't require a recode.  S+ already fixed the bad building mechanics in the game and its mostly just adding a pickup option to each structure, and corrected snap points.  If Wildcard would buy his mods off him, and do a few tweaks to bring back the balance to some of it (no more infinite fuel torches and make it so that structures can't 100% clip anymore) then they could implement that into the base game.  In another topic, I posted more details of this.

1. Click the link in the above post.

2. If I can mine 33.33 days of fuel for one generator in less than 5 minutes, how is it any more difficult for someone with 10 generators producing 15 kilowatts?  Sure, they need to mine longer, but someone with 10+ generators to power their base already has tribe members.  The tribe should be responsible for helping gather resources as well.  In any case, 5 minutes of mining for 10 generators leaves you with 3 and a half days of fuel in each one.  Thats not bad.  Plus if you use wind, then you no longer need to fuel it, you just need to do the initial grind.  Island maps have wind after all, it never exceeded 30% in my inventory though which can still produce about 500 watts or so rough guess.  Which reminds me, another feature would be to add a battery station to the game, where you fill it with empty batteries that you can haul around.  Now you can charge these and use them to power your base when power drops below the requirement, or you can take them out and deliver them to a remote outpost to power your outpost.  So if you got a lot of Wind power, you no longer have to go out for oil, you just need battery backups.

Yea, not even a Giga can destroy you in a stone hut.  The giga can attack the wall for an hour and hardly do any damage, and if you're in a metal base.  That giga will just keep attacking infinitely and do nothing while you walk out the back door and ignore it.  If you get to a metal base, which is around the time you start using electricity too, then the only thing that can destroy you, is a player.  If PVE, you've won the game.  If PVP, you normally don't get to that stage because of griefers and alphas.

Do you know how quickly you can progress to level 100?  Pretty darn.  Especially if you join a tribe that has a grinder.  Then you just go to the grinder and gain up to level 105 in 3 days, starting at level 1.

Crates as in the small storage box? Thats 2.56 years of fuel for one generator.
Large storage boxes? 7.7 years of fuel for one generator.

but if you play single player as I do...you don t really win the game...

14 hours ago, Vita said:

Lmao dude its because he literally runs his base off of one single generatoe. Find a weak point in this guys base blow through a wall destrpy his gennie his defenses are all down easy mode. It seems to me he plays PvE which has made the game very boring

I play PvE and I don't find it boring ;D

7 hours ago, Brachiosaurous said:

I play PvE and I don't find it boring ;D

Dont get me wrong PvE could be fun, I just dont see a point in it after getting my friend who only did PvE for a year to switch to PvP. He liked pvp so much more that he demod his entire pve base. The reasoning is, why are you even breeding and raising and taming all those things on PvE? To kill bosses? Ok so you killed the bosses all on hard mode whats next? Grind out elemnt just to upkeep your tek base which nobody can raid anyway bc they cant damage you. If I want to build nice looking structures Ill spawn things into my solo world. That way people cant grief you either. I see PvE as basically being in a solo world just having places you cant buils bc other ppl have structures there. 

Anyway the main point. On PvE you spend days on days breeding these dinos and imprinting, for what though? Once you beat all bosses and tame all things whats left? Nothing.

This is why I love PvP there is always a tribe bigger than you out there and so many ways to figgt on ark nobody could ever think of them all. Now especially with server transfers PvP is on a whole new level. Being able to go stealth and sneak around other peoples servers is awesome. Or you could just straight up go and take over their base and server if u want lol. PvP will always have more interest than PvE. I feel like the recent additions of unmounting tames came about specifically because PvE people were getting bored of never having a challenge once they get a high lvl mount. Now even on PvE you have to worry about getting dismounted, I agree its a cool feature but I feel like these were brought about bc PvE was becoming uneventful

23 hours ago, Vita said:

One well protected generator is better than 5 semi-protected generators.  I played PVP for a long while, I hate PVE.  However, Official Servers are full of cheaters and griefers that don't offer fair PVP play.

Anyway, I prefer PVP over PVE for sure.  I wish to start up my own server at some point with some realism changes and balancing changes of my own.  Its just hard to do.

Archived